• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Usernames: Explained Version 2.0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
My dad gave me the book The Fan Man by William Kotzwinkle when I was younger. The protagonists is named Horse Badorties. I resonated with that dude... and took his name, without the horse part.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
hiya Bado! welcome back. Long time, no see :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
That's pretty sad. Badorties comes back to post after several years of inaction and the only one to notice is silly little me. We do still love you, Bado!

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Haha, I'm sure most noticed!
Bado, thanks for everything here at MajCom.......and for not making all users have the name "Horse_xyz".......Horse Sebrim doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Username - a nickname given to me, based on my surname, by my close friend who was later my best man. In my mind it was particularly associated with one late night where a disposable plastic cup was absentmindedly ripped into a piece of modern art sculpture which I kept for the next 20 years in a tin box with a label ''Tangles" by Clarkenfeld. That has no relevance whatsoever but it's always nice tripping back 25 years to random memories.

The nickname didn't stick, apart from here.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
my user name is for a secret society AKA as ndrm31. wich espend his time and resources hunting people who is addicted to online games sites

5battalions

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
I was reading the last posts from this forum and must inspiring stuff about the usernames a read below. For me 'bilsi' at start was a character from a book called 'DarkMarket' where the hacking mob is written with interviews and wars between criminal clans. 'Bilsi' was the username of an indian hacker that used to wear a pen drive as a necklace with alot of hijacked credidcards accounts to steal money eventualy he lost the pen drive nowhere. d-flat i always related to music but intuitively to bass playing flat notes kinda stick as that. I bought a bass just knowing some stuff about playing guitar with two fingers like in a bass, somebody wanted to form a band and invite me to the bass i accepted with that knowledge after i started to enjoy as younger i had a bad with friends suposedly i was the guitarist it confuses a little bit guitar to bass like your not so good or the bassist friend just got mad just without knowing if it's true :flute:. clankerfeld and why not calvin i guess!? they work out as image and text it is cool, the avatar interacts kinda directly to the text written. ndrm31 for me was like i would call nd! now writting this stuff because it sounds like an UNIX command close to rm31 lol... badorties it recalled me like bad-or-ties it felt like portuguese somehow it was like not bad - ôr - ties but bad-or-ties like mau(bad)-ou(or)-empates(ties) it might be lame it seems cool... anyway as an efect writting this to the site creator badorties not my lame interact with the username... it is a good work it goes far from just a site i feel it like a puzzle glued... with good good taste/complexity... it's very good what it is made... congratulations... :rock:

Last edited:

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
i go to a lot of concerts always have . loved the mosh pits, so that was always my nickname when i was younger PITMAN, 212 was my condo #

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
What's funny is how you read names that are hard to say as a word (ndrm31, looking at you) - I was recently playing with riskyone, ericjkline and brianstheman. At one point Brian says "I think they are trying to lure us into a trap Mr. Kline". I thought that Brian must know him outside of the site, or at least knew his surname. It was only then that I saw that it's in his username, I'd been reading it as just: ericjfkdsjfkdsfjksfdsdf :s:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
What's funny is how you read names that are hard to say as a word (ndrm31, looking at you) - I was recently playing with riskyone, ericjkline and brianstheman. At one point Brian says "I think they are trying to lure us into a trap Mr. Kline". I thought that Brian must know him outside of the site, or at least knew his surname. It was only then that I saw that it's in his username, I'd been reading it as just: ericjfkdsjfkdsfjksfdsdf :s:

Hi I explained my name in a past forum it s due my email whren I signed up M31 is andromeda galaxi therefore aNDRM31
:)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

:dito:
omg!!! that was me too! until clark also said "Mr. Kline"....ahaha...phew...I least there is someone else just as unobservant as me! :biggrin:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I allways liked ne4osu1970 explanaition for his name in the previous forum hr was from nebraska or nevada and went to study to oklahoma, terefor his mail, and name

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
legionbuck comes from being in the American Legion for over 2 decades. Also ties into the effective methods of the Roman legions and the " March or Die " outlook of the French Legion Etrangere.

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
This subject just came up in a game I am in. So why not restart this thread?

My username came from a character I created when I played an RPG called Dragon Wars.
I had a buddy in the army who was exceptionally pugnacious, so I shortened the name, and brought the
attitude. 😡

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I think we all know how I got my username

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Back in the mid-seventies, my 2 brothers and some of their high school and college friends would come over to my house to play RISK. I had the real RISK board along with the wooden armies and they all loved playing on that board. We would play for hours, real knock down competitive games which lasted for hours and days and which sometimes would literally get violent. More about that later.

We always played singles and it was blood and guts. When I would get on a somewhat winning streak over a few days, I noticed that the game changed. Me, being a trusting soul, took many games to realize those SOBs were slyly teaming up on me. They were very good and sneaky.

Believe it or not, playing on the board 40 years ago is a lot like playing online today. Today we have suicide plays and suicide attacks. Back then, many times, when things did not go your way, someone in the game would stand up and furiously flip the board scattering everything everywhere, and players would almost come to blows.

So, after my discovery of their “team cheating”. I would play the game until I suspect their nefarious actions and then with a knowing cadence just state “genghisknows”. To this day I have used that name on a number of game sites. And, sometimes when those players and I cross paths they will bring it up and we remember those days.

Last edited:

T79boy

Awesome Player
Some great stories in here , unfortunately mine is lame in comparison . My username is the first email i got myself on AOL in the 90s, when i was young signing up on websites etc i put this down so many times , its become default for everything non business related.
T for the my first initial , 79 for the year i was born and boy coz i was a boy when i got the email addy...

I have played on this site for a long time... first spell i wasnt that good... then a few times since but had to leave as i have an addicitive personality (under control now i hope).

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Been gaming a long time. When I was young I used Beelzebub (The Unholy Ghost). Later I couldn't use it so changed to bilsibub then to bilsi...not too interesting...

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
When I first started playing MC way back when, there was a sweet old Polish cleaning lady at the office. Part of my job was ordering office supplies, so whenever she was running low, the cleaning lady would scream at the top of her lungs from the kitchen down the hall: "NEED PAPER TOWEL!!!"

It turned into a bit of a running inside joke in the office, and happened one day just as I was trying to pick a screen name. It was funny at the time, but now I think it's appropriate seeing as how many games I make a mess of! :)