• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Usernames: Explained Version 2.0

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I killed a guy named Geoffrey and I took on his identity in every single way. I now work his job, am finishing his degree and stole his family. No one seemed to care enough that a guy that looked like him replaced him. So now I am Geoffrey, and that is where my username originates from.
So are you a human, alien or AI? They way we respond varies accordingly:
Human: Meh, it happens.
Alien: Let's break out the probes, it is time for some payback!
AI - Benevolent Machine (Person of Interest type): Work for you and your goals???
AI - Skynet/Cylon/Samaratin type: Run off screaming...

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Hi,
I'm new to this community, playing for a few weeks now.
My nickname: pelgrim,
is dutch for pilgrim, and everone should know what a pilgrim is.
I prefer the short version, but when not available anymore it's pelgrimforever. (half dutch, half enlish)
It refers to a little walk I took for one year, in which I also went to Santiago.
When you stand before the cathedral, you're supposed to step onto a stone in the shape of a shell.
That marks the end of your pilgrimage.
I never wanted it to end, so I didn't take that last step.
Pelgrimforever.

pelgrim, took the time to read forums and he was a cheater? As an adult, cheating to win a game on this great site. What's the fun in that?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
When I first started playing risk online (in the Risk II community back in about 1998 or so), I was invited into a clan in which most members names were changed to their favorite drinks for some reason. I was drinking my favorite microbrew at the time, which was a Bad Elmer's Porter from Upland Brewery in Bloomington, IN, US. Neither is my name really Elmer nor am I sooooo bad.

I like a nice Porter or Stout. Maybe with notes of caramel, nutmeg, and espresso. On the west coast Rogue is a quality brand. A little bad is the new good.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
My user name is of course based on the F15Eagle (fighter jet originally made for the US AirForce for those of you who may not be familiar.)

I always wanted to go into the airforce and fly, but an eye surgery did away with that dream, plus around 7th grade I became very near-sighted without glasses or contacts.

Anyway, the F15 is my favorite fighter jet, and I inserted "Free" as a reference to "The Land of the Free."

Great name and story behind it. If you haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine. I suggest it just for the seen about sight.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Sweetie, cause I am sugar and spice and everything nice:girl:

But beware too much sweeties are not good for anyone ^^

Pretty avatar. I see that was just your second post.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Cards, you are going to have to build on that post...Robinette?

Jon, since Cards doesn't seem to have noticed your question, I'll try to give you an answer. Robinette was a courteous, sweet-looking but highly skilled playerette at MajCom. She played the vulnerable female card, but could play the cruellest tactics imaginable and won almost all the time (almost twice as many defeated opponents as games played, and 21 medals for less than 250 games!) And she had a faible for military planes.....

If Sweetie's keeping up that good work, she'll soon take over Robinette's role.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Jon, since Cards doesn't seem to have noticed your question, I'll try to give you an answer. Robinette was a courteous, sweet-looking but highly skilled playerette at MajCom. She played the vulnerable female card, but could play the cruellest tactics imaginable and won almost all the time (almost twice as many defeated opponents as games played, and 21 medals for less than 250 games!) And she had a faible for military planes.....

If Sweetie's keeping up that good work, she'll soon take over Robinette's role.

Thanks Sebrim, I had a feeling it was something along those lines, appreciate you commenting.

I have played sweetie a few times and beleive Cards is probably right.

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
My name is rather unimaginable. I brew beer and unfermented beer is called Wort

:beers:

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
So, my name is a relic of my high school days...
Being a bit of a chemistry nerd that can recite 70odd elements of the periodic table, I used to use Scandium as my alias. It was too long though, and I ended up being called Scandy a lot (there’s a way to get under my skin if you want to :eviltongue:).

Then in high school I had a few friends that decided that they were going to shout my name at the top of their lungs every time they saw me, outside, in corridors, classrooms, the library... anywhere really. After a while though my whole name got a bit too long and soon enough it changed to these guys shouting Beanz at the top of their lungs every time they saw me (my surname sounds quite similar).
Next thing I know that caught on, and a few months later I had maybe 20 or 30 people just shouting Beanz anytime they saw me.

So I started using BeanZ as my internet alias, I don’t see any of those friends from high school, but Beanz is one relic that has stayed with me :)

Mind you now I get things like people calling me baked beanz or Mr. Bean, so I guess every name is going to have its trade offs :eviltongue:
heinz-192_687136e.jpg
262816854_polls_mr_bean_2907_42554_answer_1_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

5battalions

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
mine is very simple... 5 battalions is replaced by a (humm) i call it general, napoleonic era, general in a horse.
and
more 5battalions to the mess.

a rule from risk that i didnt forget through time. - 5 battalions can be replaced by a...?
oh
cavalry. i called it a general. lol.

it's simple, 5battalions, the cavalry.

update: i got to say there is also the infantry. Five infantry can be the cavalry

update: there is a unit that is a battalion. like a battalion can be represented by - 1 infantry piece. 5 battalions a cavalry piece. 10 battalions - a artillery piece. There's like a correspondence between battalions and pieces i really started to like alot my 'risco' rulebook.

So battalions fight.. cool ;D

p.s.: sorry for the bad english.

Last edited:

zonie

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
it's rare for me to go to and read the forums, I don't know why, every time I do I find it interesting. Playing these games against the usernames with no faces, I'm always curious on "what's the stand for?" So I'm zonie, I live in Arizona and some of us out in the desert call ourselves "zonies" Please keep this going. It's more fun to play games with and against a personality then just a username.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
My goes back to my Military days, I was an Engineer for a long time, then I went Airborne. But my guess is most people already picked that one up.

DiorAranelEluchil

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
My name is from Tolkien world.

Before maybe 15 years I was a member of a Tolkien board forum and it was custom that the member who brought you to board chose nickname or username for you. My friends was thinking that this character is really like me. And so it started. After all this year I'm a still of Dior Aranel Eluchil

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'm on the evil side...Beelzebub is the unholy ghost. I wanted the name way back when I began playing on the internet (long time ago). It wasn't available so I choose Bilsibub. I shortened it to bilsi years ago...

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
Years ago, my username was 8eetle everywhere - then I read and very much enjoyed Franz Kafka: Metamorphosis where a beetle is used as a metaphor for a lowly, hideous life of servitude. So, as I was joining a coding site to learn C# I thought I'd come up with something new, free of such negative connotations. Being a musician, I thought I would go with D-flat as C# and Db are enharmonic (the same note), and that therefore 'd-flat' would be an embodiment of my twin passions!

I thought about it WAY too much haha, and the irony is that I ended up learning HTML, CSS, C, JavaScript, Python and a bit of PHP but no C# whatsoever!

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
If you dig back into the early days of the MajCom forums you'll come across a thread started by zsp (who is now banned interestingly) entitled Usernames: Explained. It caught my eye because it's something I've been wondering about: what are the stories behind our usernames?? It's funny how you sort of come up with your own interpretations of how a username should be spoken/pronounced, but I'd be interested to know what they actually are. So here's my attempt to continue what zsp cannot.

I've explained mine in the forums before but here goes again:

- the 'j' is the first letter in my first name
- 'proc' is the first 4 letters of my last name
- 'walk' is a reference to a distinctive swagger I apparently had back in high school

This swagger was dubbed the J Proc Walk by my buddies, who even made a Youtube video with a freestyle rap about it.

Anyway you now know more than you ever cared to about my username. Time to explain yours fellas...

Link to the video, please?

markattax

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
So---as many of you know (and others can guess) my first name is Mark. I have a small law firm in Northern California that does wills, trusts, probate and litigation. We do NOT do tax law. Tired of being asked the question but liking the name, I started using markattax on this site which I liked better than the more obvious markattacks. Don't get any ideas about play from my name---I do play defense too!

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Around 2007 or 2008 I was a cashier, then waiter, then bartender at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Hoffman Estates, IL, USA. The fat squat Scottish general manager was reading business/aspirational books at the time, shit like Tony Robbins, and thought it would be beneficial to have all the staff pick a spirit animal, and then write all these up on a whiteboard in the kitchen. You know, team building and postitive reinforcement. Shit like that.

Most guys chose powerful, aggressive animals, often of large size or particular viciousness. Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! Sharks were popular. The weird ones liked wolverines and badgers. The girls picked anything cute, basically.

I decided to be irreverant and subversive, so I chose, as my spirit animal, a tapeworm. A parasite.

A couple years later, when I signed up here, I decided to run with it.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Most guys chose powerful, aggressive animals, often of large size or particular viciousness. Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! Sharks were popular. The weird ones liked wolverines and badgers. The girls picked anything cute, basically.

I decided to be irreverant and subversive, so I chose, as my spirit animal, a tapeworm. A parasite.

A couple years later, when I signed up here, I decided to run with it.

that's awesome! I still remember my first game against you...it was a 3 player classic massive against you and buckhunter. never being in a 3 person game before, I remember you stating one of these unwritten rules of no diplos with 3 players and yet buckhunter really tried hard to. It was your username that gave me inspiration to break all of your commands and leave a long trail of single troops like a tapeworm weaving in and out of your commands! I remember complaining how long the game went even though we were still under 30 rounds and you kindly wrote on my profile page to stick around....thanks for that encouragement! :beers:

my username is the colour of my daughter's bedroom....this was her account under my supervision...after the first 4 games (since she had no idea what she was doing) I decided to try out some games....well, the rest is history. My daughter has not played since.