• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Usernames: Explained Version 2.0

jprocwalk

Awesome Player
If you dig back into the early days of the MajCom forums you'll come across a thread started by zsp (who is now banned interestingly) entitled Usernames: Explained. It caught my eye because it's something I've been wondering about: what are the stories behind our usernames?? It's funny how you sort of come up with your own interpretations of how a username should be spoken/pronounced, but I'd be interested to know what they actually are. So here's my attempt to continue what zsp cannot.

I've explained mine in the forums before but here goes again:

- the 'j' is the first letter in my first name
- 'proc' is the first 4 letters of my last name
- 'walk' is a reference to a distinctive swagger I apparently had back in high school

This swagger was dubbed the J Proc Walk by my buddies, who even made a Youtube video with a freestyle rap about it.

Anyway you now know more than you ever cared to about my username. Time to explain yours fellas...

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Cool story! Thanks for sharing!

FYI: I often don't read things very thoroughly, I just skim over words to get the general meaning, and every time I see your username, I read it to myself as "japperwocky", (jabberwocky) ;)

My Story: I choose my username because when I took over the website, which I thought was in a bit of disarray at the time, I wanted to clean out the cheaters, ban the multis, clean up the code, and let players know there was a New Sheriff in Town! :)

empirejeff

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Their is a tread on this on page two. Where Cagey did not understand my name. To explain further the reference in the Klingon empire. Now if someone wants to pretend my name is a reference to Star Wars, I would be ok with that.

pelgrimBANNED

Awesome Player
Hi,
I'm new to this community, playing for a few weeks now.
My nickname: pelgrim,
is dutch for pilgrim, and everone should know what a pilgrim is.
I prefer the short version, but when not available anymore it's pelgrimforever. (half dutch, half enlish)
It refers to a little walk I took for one year, in which I also went to Santiago.
When you stand before the cathedral, you're supposed to step onto a stone in the shape of a shell.
That marks the end of your pilgrimage.
I never wanted it to end, so I didn't take that last step.
Pelgrimforever.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I never wanted it to end, so I didn't take that last step.
Pelgrimforever.

Welcome to the community, thanks for sharing your story. That's a pretty cool one.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
JC is my initials and the UK is the Inited Kingdom. Mine is a very boring username lol.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
When I first started playing risk online (in the Risk II community back in about 1998 or so), I was invited into a clan in which most members names were changed to their favorite drinks for some reason. I was drinking my favorite microbrew at the time, which was a Bad Elmer's Porter from Upland Brewery in Bloomington, IN, US. Neither is my name really Elmer nor am I sooooo bad.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Between being a school teacher and being the guy who always plans trips for friends, I've usually got a flock following me around.

And sheep are kinda cute.
timmy_0.png

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Nice stories! The Frontline on my user page sums up my username.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
My user name is of course based on the F15Eagle (fighter jet originally made for the US AirForce for those of you who may not be familiar.)

I always wanted to go into the airforce and fly, but an eye surgery did away with that dream, plus around 7th grade I became very near-sighted without glasses or contacts.

Anyway, the F15 is my favorite fighter jet, and I inserted "Free" as a reference to "The Land of the Free."

Sweetie

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Generals
The Borg
T.O's.
Sweetie, cause I am sugar and spice and everything nice:girl:

But beware too much sweeties are not good for anyone ^^

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
*Ahem*
Anyone else think we have a new Robinette? :)

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I killed a guy named Geoffrey and I took on his identity in every single way. I now work his job, am finishing his degree and stole his family. No one seemed to care enough that a guy that looked like him replaced him. So now I am Geoffrey, and that is where my username originates from.

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I killed a guy named Geoffrey and I took on his identity in every single way. I now work his job, am finishing his degree and stole his family. No one seemed to care enough that a guy that looked like him replaced him. So now I am Geoffrey, and that is where my username originates from.

:afraid:

:hahaha:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Geoffrey...I'm not scared at all....

Cards, you are going to have to build on that post...Robinette?

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
simple. I love the color red and thunderstorms. shudda added a dog and a pickup truck to make it complete LOL

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
simple. I love the color red and thunderstorms. shudda added a dog and a pickup truck to make it complete LOL

RedDogStormTruck

RedTruckStormDog

Hmmm....they work ; )

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
My user name is of course based on the F15Eagle (fighter jet originally made for the US AirForce for those of you who may not be familiar.)

I always wanted to go into the airforce and fly, but an eye surgery did away with that dream, plus around 7th grade I became very near-sighted without glasses or contacts.

Anyway, the F15 is my favorite fighter jet, and I inserted "Free" as a reference to "The Land of the Free."

very familiar. I was going to fly too. I managed to get into the Air Force Academy in '84 and planned to fly the F16 (15's nice and all but...) and then the SR71 and then into space. I ended up staying just one year and was fortunate enough to get to fly a T-37 (rode for a half-hour and flew for a half-hour). I work on the ground (and in the ground; I'm an archaeologist) now but I still look up at the sky a lot.