• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

UPDATE: May 23 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Hello Folks! I just got word from a very busy Sheriff and wanted me to send out an update.

NewSheriffInTown said:

After our server experience a second hard drive failure a couple months ago, a decision was made to shore up Major Command's infrastructure and development pipeline before continuing with updates to the game.

Basically this means that we are moving to a managed server, and we are deploying a method to upgrade the game engine without downtime.

This is a significant restructuring on the backend, but it will make the sever more secure, and deployments of features quicker, further down the line and less glitchy.

Fortunately we have another player on board to help us with this work.

https://www.majorcommand.com/user/andrewminerd/

andrewminerd is helping facilitate the move to the new server, as well as set up a method for seamless game version deployments.

He has also offered to help with coding new features when the time comes, but this will only resume again once we have laid a solid foundation for the server and the deployment of upgrades.

Thanks for letting everyone know peri.

Also, myself and MNatt are busy preparing another donation blitz....this time in addition to asking for your support, we will be reaching out to the internet for more funds. Stay Tuned.

Peri :)

Reactions: smi

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Thanks so much for the update! Wishing all the best in the future migrations

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
MajCom Lives!!!

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Thanks peri

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I just got word from a very busy Sheriff and wanted me to send out an update.

Wait a sec, have you guys noticed we never see Peri and Sheriff in the same place at the same time??

1621973636153.png

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
🤣 😂:LOL:

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
it will be soooooo hard to pick up money from people after 6 months of silence

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
it will be soooooo hard to pick up money from people after 6 months of silence
I am hoping they can provide a concise list of what the money will be going towards so people can gain confidence their money will get the site where it needs to be.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Well, I'm setting up the kickstarter page so any suggestions or thoughts will be appreciated! Just messaged me.

Yes....we are ALL very busy...so any extra help is much appreciated and I finally got around to setting up a Kickstarter page....hopefully it will be up next week? Depending on my schedule. The site is based in volunteers so the more people that can contribute in a positive way, the more things we can accomplish has a team. Sheriff has posted a few places where he could use the help. Check out thw forums under "we need your help" and see what you can do while you are waiting.

The money will be used to run the server (now that we moving to a managed server) plus the extra funds will get us more hours of coding. The priority is to get the game stable and less glitchy before we start integrating points...you have to imagine the amount of data that needs to be transferred over...everyone's UDO too...not just points....so a stable system is pertinent to the transfer and not losing information.

Part of the reason of going to a Kickstarter is yes....it is 6 months and we need some outside help. Once it's set up the only ask is that you pass with word out and post the Kickstarter page on your social media profile...hopefully we can reach our goal. Stay tune....hopefully within a week or so. Cheers!

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
ok, nice to hear. Anyway, we ALL know how busy we are, in my town we say "one guy, one business". What I'm sure is that I dont have even time to check alkl this fancy new sites people are playing and sending invites. I wanted MC to run, I have enjoyed the site for many (MANY) years.

Regarding the "We need your help" forums, 3 are private, the blog has 1 post, multiple volunteers and no task to do, and the Wiki one has 0 posts. So no much to do there

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
just curious what kind of money are we talking about to at least get this place back where it was in december??
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.