• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

UPDATE : Jan 11 2021

What to do with the demo games after we integrate Beta with scores?

• Delete all active Demo Games and have everyone start a new regular game?

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Let all demo game finish, and have newly created regular games run at the same time.

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
UPDATE : Jan 02 2021

UPDATE

So we are slowly working our way though the process of integrating the Beta games with the players scores. Not only does this involve scores and ranks, but also the scoreboard, which comprises Most Defeated Opponents, UDOs, and all the other lists. So we are slowly checking them off one at a time.

There is one issue that should be addressed when we are ready to "go live"... and that is:

What do we do with the current active Beta demo games?

When we are ready to deploy the integrated scores, there will still be a lot of active Beta Demo games. So the options are:

1. Delete all active demo games, and have players start new games that count towards their scores
  2. Keep the demo games running, and at the same time, any new games will be integrated with the score.

The second option might be a bit tricky because right now there is no way to distinguish between the current Demo Games and any game created in the future that affects a players score. So we would have to take some more time and create a method of telling them apart, like changing the background color in the listing, or adding a note to the demo games, or something like that. Which of course, would just add more time to the process.....

So I know which one I'm leaning towards, but here's a poll to hear your opinions....

P.S. We also have the option of keeping all games that have not started yet (unfilled) and converting them to the new "regular score counting" games. Which we will probably do, unless someone gives a great reason why we should delete the unfilled games also. Thanks!

Last edited:

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Thanks for polling us!

You had me at option 1 will get it rolled out quicker :)

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Great to see such a positive update!

Thanks Sheriff and the whole team behind you in putting a lot of efforts to get us back on track!
Voted 1!

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns

Thanks Sheriff and the whole team behind you in putting a lot of efforts to get us back on track!
Voted 1!

Ditto :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Voted 1!

:dito: plus you don't have to waste time coding the demo games...you can start coding other stuff like getting beta back up to how the flash site was.

ok...i've been scouting and once you get the site restored to it's formal glory...i'll hit you with suggestions that will make it even better!:top:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I wouldn't be playing beta games of I even thought the scores would integrate. Please delete all the games so at least we don't get screwed over.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Voted option 1 also. Looking forward to getting back into a handful of games. Keep up the great work MC Team!

markattax

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Option 1, for the reason cited by JCUK. But how about a few days warning before the demo beta games are deleted so as many as possible can be completed?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Option 1 good sir :)

ZenCoder

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Option 1 if it's the quickest/easiest.

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I wouldn't be playing beta games of I even thought the scores would integrate. Please delete all the games so at least we don't get screwed over.

That is not quite what I was saying....

• Current Beta games will always be score-free.
  • After integration, only newly created Beta games will count towards the score.
  • All unfinished score-free Beta games that you already started, will still be score-free.

The question was about having both scoring, and non-scoring games running at the same time.

Which it seems like players really don't want.... So it's easier for everyone if we just start fresh anyway. :)

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
I voted for Option 2 before I read the thread (because it was at the top of the page) but now I want to change my vote for Option 1, for all of the reasons stated above. And BTW, I love the new Great Land Rush map! It's really quite different from any of the other maps, and fun to play.

Fieldmarshall

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Thank you for you work and effort , faster is better so lets get back to playing ; will vote for option #1 .

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
option 1 since we have been experimenting.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
option 1 I losed many games due bugs, and btw since it tidnt count I missed some turns or joined games that usually I wouldnt join, btw when will FF last attack 2 v 1 be solved?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Also....option 1 is the least confusing option for everyone....can you imagine players remembering which games count and which games don't for points?? Option 1 gives all players a clear cut division between yes points count vs no it doesn't....less confusion for everyone in a time of confusion! :lollypop:

Derswick

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Any ETA on when this might happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.