• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

UPDATE : Dec 28 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Thanks for the update - have been looking forward to the new engine for a while! Can't wait until everything is cut over and scores/scoreboard update. Congratulations!

I suppose this means any tournaments that are currently filling seats are pointless to start since they won't complete in time.

We may have just found a solution to keep the old games alive indefinitely, including tournaments. But I need to discuss this with Marcos first, and it's the middle of the night for him. It would involve a lot of technical things falling in to place smoothly in the next few days, and then happily working together, which in itself would be a miracle! But I will let you know as soon as I know if this new approach is possible....

UPDATE: The above longshot didn't work. The Flash replacement software being developed by an open source third party developer isn't robust enough to handle Major Command yet. However, if they continue development, then it should be possible in the future to make it work. Though at that point it would only be useful for reviving all active Flash games and Tournaments that never finished on time before the 31st.... Again, fingers crossed!

Otherwise, yes, joining tournaments at the moment is not recommended.

Last edited:

onesimus17

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
can't see troops or deploy troops in Beta.

reenoo

Awesome Player
I clicked on the BETA tab at the top next to the games tab and nothing showed up. Am I doing something wrong??????

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I clicked on the BETA tab at the top next to the games tab and nothing showed up. Am I doing something wrong??????

I was using IE in order to easily use FLASH for the old game engine. I notice when I try to access the BETA tab using IE, I get a blank screen as you describe. When I use any modern browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), the BETA tab loads just fine.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Thanks.
Take care of you all at and within MC. (By the way you mentioned BETA to be fun games, for me all here at MC is for fun!)

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
Fantastic job guys, congrats and thanks for keeping us updated!

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
What time will scoring on non-BETA games be cut-off? I've got a couple games that started before the announcement was made :)

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Thanks for the update and your hard work.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Yes. Thanks for your hard work!

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I vote for getting it all up and running, reset everyone today 1 rank, and fight it out. Or is that the San Sebastian Port talking.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I vote for getting it all up and running, reset everyone today 1 rank, and fight it out. Or is that the San Sebastian Port talking.

What about if people, like, tried to beat the folks with the higher ranks? And what if there was some system in place that rewarded beating folks of higher rank, like say (loser score / winner score * 30), so a person with 2k points wins against a person with 3k points, they win 45 points, but only would only lose 20 points in a failed combat.

Oh, you mean that's how it already works? Nice.

Edman6

Awesome Player
The Canadian Club
Thanks Sherriff for the note on the paid membership.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.