• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Tournaments - What is going on?

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Lot's of tournaments that where stuck look to have beeb have been fixed recently allowing them to continue. There are tournaments that were started 5 years ago and up to 50% of the players have left the site. I don't think it's fair on the players that are still on the site to be affected negatively by this, also there are a lot players taking advantage of this.

This is not right!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Lot's of tournaments that where stuck look to have beeb have been fixed recently allowing them to continue. There are tournaments that were started 5 years ago and up to 50% of the players have left the site. I don't think it's fair on the players that are still on the site to be affected negatively by this, also there are a lot players taking advantage of this.

This is not right!

Some of the tournaments were stuck and just waiting on a final. So I don't know. I've been waiting on some for a while and it's a 50% chance it's in your favor. 50% chance not. I think the way the tournament was set up needs to be finished that way, unless stalemate-side game. JCUK, I'm not happy about it, but there are lots of things in the world i'm unhappy with. A lot more then I am happy with. I look at it as a drop. It probably would be difficult to weed out the players who aren't active, but it would change the next round. I'm ok with that also, but each game would have to be handled separate. Could cause arguments in what way to resolve each game.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
When a tournament gets stuck, there are no winners, everyone is a loser.

When a tournament runs its course and finishes, then there is one winner, and everyone else is still a loser.

Unsticking tournaments completes what was started, and allows one person to become a winner. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. That's how tournaments work.

By fixing 32 tournaments, 32 players now have the chance of becoming new winners. Nothing has changed for anyone else.....

Except maybe the hope of being one of those 32 winning players has changed, but that's all....

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns

When a tournament runs its course and finishes, then there is one winner, and everyone else is still a loser.

Unsticking tournaments completes what was started, and allows one person to become a winner. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. That's how tournaments work.

By fixing 32 tournaments, 32 players now have the chance of becoming new winners. Nothing has changed for anyone else.....

Except maybe the hope of being one of those 32 winning players has changed, but that's all....

Sheriff, that response was simply perfect!

Upvote 0

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.

Got it, thanks for offering a different perspective. I agree with Micky, it makes sense :beer:

Upvote 0

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
That is a few thousand points that were stuck in a black hole, and are now back out into the community.

A deserving reward for those that have persevered here at Major Command through the years!

(and since points are a zero sum game, if anyone manages to beat those tourney winners, their scores shall rise also!)

Upvote 0

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
That is a few thousand points that were stuck in a black hole, and are now back out into the community.

A deserving reward for those that have persevered here at Major Command through the years!

(and since points are a zero sum game, if anyone manages to beat those tourney winners, their scores shall rise also!)

Oh yes, it's like Quantative Easing; more points in the economy!

Upvote 0