• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Tournament idea.... A Game of Games

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
So one tournament I've always wanted to create (but couldn't figure out how) is a master game thats made up of many games.

SO in the map below, which would be updated by hand in photoshop or something....

jyEe5.jpg

All players start with a region or two or three. The then send their moves into the tourney organizer, like Fitz says he is going to invade Magreb, which is me. Then fitz and I play a 1v1 on this map to determin the winner. If he wins, he takes magreb. If he loses, Paranas is left blank. Able to be taken by any adjecent player.

If the moves are sent in and Owls up in spain also tries to attack Magreb... then its a three player game with Owls, me and Fitz.

Each round a player may choose to move all their regions by one region. So paranas can go to magreb, or attempt to, Columbia can move to Amazonas, mexico can move to columbia, etc.

There are just ideas for rules.... feel free to comment or elaborate.

Region bonus could be adjusted, so that if you how SA, you get one more 'army' per round, to be placed within SA.

Obviously, this would take a very long time and involve many games, so it might be more like a league than a tournament...but it could be pretty interesting... no?:hmmmm:

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
That sounds pretty Awesome bado, so would it kind of be like campaign was supposed to be? everyone says where they're going to move at once then all of the games are played out?

Also who choses the settings of the deciding game, or are they all going to be the same?

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Sounds like some similarities with the old board game Diplomacy. At least the simultaneous moves thing.

Definitely intriguing. Even more hairy when two players decide to attack a third at the same time. Sub-game is now a 1v1v1 and could be a winner takes all, or even an assassin game.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
That sounds pretty Awesome bado, so would it kind of be like campaign was supposed to be? everyone says where they're going to move at once then all of the games are played out?

Also who choses the settings of the deciding game, or are they all going to be the same?

yeah similar to campaign only grander scale. the defending player would choose settings. home field advantage.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I want machreb.. Ill set up a 3 min classic massive anywhere unlimited game... winner holds machreb

This wont take long.

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
IF I moved to parana and Fitz moved to Mahgreb, we would effectively swap territories... unless in the same move, I had also moved from the nile to mahgreb as well.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
IF I moved to parana and Fitz moved to Mahgreb, we would effectively swap territories... unless in the same move, I had also moved from the nile to mahgreb as well.

lol, thats if you could win.

Im sorry, I realize Im not helping here. I just cant help myself. You can infer I like the idea though if youd like.