• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Time to start up the point system again.

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
It has been long enough, playing without MajorCommand point system. I propose that the win-loss points be instituted into the players' records starting 6-9 months after the flash switch over. By then, all existing players at that time, plus the newbies will have become accustomed to the new site. I realize that they may not be able to be pushed through yet, but why prolong the agony. MajorCommand should have been able to have kept track of the game outcomes and at some date, update the records. What do you all think?

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Agreed !

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Well this is what I was thinking....

Yes we have a record of all the games that have been played this year, but since it was announced that the points were not tracked, then it would be unfair to retro allocate points.

And there is some backend work that needs to be done first before we can make the point system functional.

We are currently working on a roadmap to outline the repairs and improvements to the game, which includes when we will be able to activate the point system. So I will post that roadmap soon in another thread. :)

So what I was thinking is: At some point, we can go back through the played games for this year, and we can calculate any won games, and use that toward your medals.

So players who have won game this year, will earn UDOs and CUDOs towards their medals, and players who have lost games, will not be punished.

I was thinking that would be a bit of a compromise/reward as we move forward.... How does that sound?

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
That sounds like a lot of work! I have enjoyed the time to try new maps and strategies without effect on points. But counting towards medals would be great.

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Really looking forward for the point system to be active again! I love some competition in games!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Really looking forward for the point system to be active again! I love some competition in games!

If you want, you can gather together some players who are willing to compete for points.

Then in this thread below, paste the following:
  • players names
  • players points (though I can figure it out)
  • URL (game number)
  • and finally, let me know who won.
Then I will adjust everyone's points manually once the game ends.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I would be willing to be involved, let me know if you need a player for this.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I think sheriff was saying that if there is a game where everyone agreed at the start of the game to have the game count towards points, then let him know. He will manually change the points once the game is finished. Just let him know the game number.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Well then I will let him know the ones that I won. :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Well then I will let him know the ones that I won. :)
Did the other players agree? You need to all agree BEFORE or within the 1st round. Maybe an agreement in the chat would be a good start.