• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Those damn points

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
This discussion always ends with myself being sent to play hundreds of games i don't like

Haha, I guess that's because you are making a strong and exaggarated statement, and imo you could prove yourself wrong, should you actually try it.

But anyway, doesn't matter, we can all have our opinions I guess. :)

Just out of curiosity, what's your answer to my question about poker? Do you think it doesn't require skill either?

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
My experience with poker is tiny but I would say it requires skills than can be deeply developed, like calm, deceiving... right?

Poker would be similar to 1vs.1 if you won just by having the best cards when they are given ;)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
My experience with poker is tiny but I would say it requires skills than can be deeply developed, like calm, deceiving... right?

Poker would be similar to 1vs.1 if you won just by having the best cards when they are given ;)

In poker, you DO win if you are given the best cards. The strategy comes into play to determine HOW MUCH you win.

kenjoh

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
About friendly games, I would make all 1vs.1 friendly. Apart from the basics that you learn in 10 or 20 games, they don't require any strategy. Although they are barely related to risk, I wouldn't eliminate them because they can be fun and a good way of killing time, but they could be a special section with no points or medals or all the rest involved.

I would like to test this theory as follows:

Tormenta can play me 1v1 on Classic Massive. Whoever goes first can only deploy. No attacks, no reinforcing. The setting would be escalate, 1/path.

If she wants, we could make it a friendly by agreeing ahead of time to both go awol once it becomes clear who has won the game. I wouldn't want her potential point loss to keep her from agreeing to the game.

I would suggest that tactical decions will win this game, not luck. If Tormenta would rather play this game against someone else, I would be just as happy to observe the game so I can decide for myself whether Tormenta is right or wrong about 1v1 not requiring any more than basic strategy.

I think this would be both fun an interesting. This not a personal challenge to Tormenta. The point would be to see if the winner won by luck or by better strategy?:boxing:

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
In poker, you DO win if you are given the best cards. The strategy comes into play to determine HOW MUCH you win.

Well maybe I'm wrong but you can have nothing in your hands and bet so hard that the other player, with decent cards, doesn't continue betting... Things like that? And yes the amount of the bets makes the game more complex than risk, at least in that sense.

Kenjoh, I can tell you the result of that game. It would be: if I won I would say I was luckier, and if you win, you would say you had a better strategy, so what's the point? Anyway thanks for thinking I'm a woman! :)

I don't know, I would appreciate that anybody explained to me what "a better strategy" in duels is. So far, nobody has. Well, let's check the wiki, with so many good tactical recommendations: 2 paragraphs on 1vs.1, one is wrong and the other is for a setting which is hardly ever played!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Well maybe I'm wrong but you can have nothing in your hands and bet so hard that the other player, with decent cards, doesn't continue betting... Things like that? And yes the amount of the bets makes the game more complex than risk, at least in that sense.

Ummm, yeah. That would be strategy. Like I said.

kenjoh

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Anyway thanks for thinking I'm a woman! :)

Perhaps you should clarify your gender on your profile page.

Where I come from, a name like yours would be considered effeminate. Just saying.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
It's logical but it hadn't happened before.

(It's funny how this conversation has turned into poker and women).

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Those Points. Lots today. Let's see some predictions. KC Chiefs 38 San Fran 49er's 33 A chiefs come from behind victory with the final score being a TD pass, probably to Kelsey.:eek:fftopic:

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
those points. Lots today. Let's see some predictions. Kc chiefs 38 san fran 49er's 33 a chiefs come from behind victory with the final score being a td pass, probably to kelsey.:eek:fftopic:

boo.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Chiefs for the win.

I come from behind win. Just as I predicted. On a TD pass. Said that to. The final interception made my total look a little better. The defences were strong for 52 minutes. I'm happy for KC, but it was sad seeing Richard Sherman get burned.