• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The New Game Engine Will Fix....

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
So, after a frustrating last couple of days of the maps loading blank (I've had to refresh as many as 7x times to get it to load properly, which is always frustrating, but ESPECIALLY on the 12 Domains and Classic Massive) but anyway, that got me to wondering... Will this new game engine also go a long way toward fixing this? At least it will be faster, so may not be quite as frustrating. :D

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yeah, I've seen it, it loads the maps so fast that you can't read the pre-load messages, and the loading blank problem will not be there, either.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Upvote 0

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Hopefully it doesn't change the look too much, the speed might take some getting used to but is much needed.

Upvote 0

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Is there an approximate time frame on when this will be launched?

Upvote 0

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
If you know enough to ask the question, you already know the answer, just like when people ask Gabe about Half-Life Episode 3!

Although in this case, we have seen the new server running in the video, so it will be ready when it is ready. That and once the Onyx donors have had their chance to beta test it and make everyone else green with envy :laugh:

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
There are a LOT of add-ins/features to put in, which is what is going on now. I'm sure you realize that takes time. And then, as malpot said, testing will begin. I'm sure the onyx donors are tapping their toes :)

Upvote 0

markattax

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
....tap....tap...tap...

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
:D

Well I'm not sure who can see what, but there is a new BETA tab on the top of the page. Marcos has just moved the new game engine to the live site and testing should not be too far off. Of course nothing ever works smoothly, so he'll have to figure out the first set of bugs that occurred during the transfer. Namely the conflict between http and https resources. So tap tap tap! We are moving forward!

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Great stuff!

Only: the new Tab has moved the 'Donations' tab down one line, obscuring the 'Home' button in the forums...

At least using Puffin on my phone

PS. No trouble in Chrome, though

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I can see the Beta and Admin tabs in both Windows 7 Firefox and Android Puffin. And the Admin tab says that I am not authorized, so no fun and games there...

In Firefox the Donations tab is still on the top line. In Puffin it dropped down to start a second line.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Okay, we've hid them both for now. The Admin tab should never have been visible. And the Beta tab will become visible to players as we add them to the Beta testing. Thanks!

Upvote 0

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Sounds like it's not too awful far off anyway :)

Upvote 0

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
well, just fix the part where I lose by my own stupidity then switch the new engine on. LOL u guys are awesome. I heard somewhere that good things come to those who wait.

Upvote 0

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
any updates on when the maps will load without the armies disappearing? Is that fix still in the works?

Upvote 0

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
In the meantime - any suggestions - I am in a tournament with the Classic Massive map and can't get past 2 stars loading in Firefox - zip, zilch, no response with Internet Explorer's new browser whatever it is called - and Chrome gives me a Flash error message and won't load.

The map loaded okay for round 1 but not now for round 2. normally I won't touch the massive map for this reason. my error, I got into a tournament using this map. - - - any suggestions?

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
any updates on when the maps will load without the armies disappearing? Is that fix still in the works?

We started testing the new game engine yesterday. Still several bugs to sort out before it's ready.

In the meantime - any suggestions - I am in a tournament with the Classic Massive map and can't get past 2 stars loading in Firefox - zip, zilch, no response with Internet Explorer's new browser whatever it is called - and Chrome gives me a Flash error message and won't load.

The map loaded okay for round 1 but not now for round 2. normally I won't touch the massive map for this reason. my error, I got into a tournament using this map. - - - any suggestions?

Yes, I have a secret. It's not very good but it works for me. This is what I do to get Massive to load....

1) I click on the 'Turn' button that starts the game/map page to load
2) I do NOTHING!

And I mean NOTHING. I do not scroll the page. I do not change tabs. I do not move my mouse at all. I do not even touch my mouse! I do nothing. Sometimes I close my eyes, or even better, I stand up and walk in to the next room. It only takes about 30 seconds to load, but that 30 seconds can be FOREVER if you are staring at the screen. And it will break if you TOUCH the computer. Just do nothing and get a glass of water. Water is good for you and you probably don't drink enough water during the day anyway. Maybe even make some tea. Green tea is good for you, and if you don't want the caffeine because it is late at night, try a Red Rooibos tea, it's quite good.

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
I do exactly the same as the Sheriff and it is working.

Once you open a massive game/turn. just leave your computer for a minute and when coming back all is loaded and you are free to go.
Requires patience, especially if you have 2/3 games in a row on the Europe Massive map (a)

Upvote 0