• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The MetaGame

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Ironically, the Metagame had drawn me back into the site and I have spent more time here the last two months then I had for a while.

When th-child and dorsey said they were dropping out, I figured their terts would go neutral and there would be another mad scramble to get them. When masterjskye and namelochil said they wanted to drop, I was hoping they could find a team willing to take their place (master/name could pay their points through the current round) and pay points for any rounds going forward. Having all those terts go neutral seems like it would spoil the game.

I'm indifferent to the points; I've never played my game hunting for them. I do like trophies (or banners) however. *wink*

If masterjskye decides to end the metagame, I would encourage him to revisit the various rules/faq's and check if there is anything that needs to be polished. I don't think so, because it looked pretty tight the last time I looked. But perhaps someone would want to take on a new version of this and I think he has done a great job at creating a solid knowledge base. Quite a nice legacy.

So, thanks for a whole lot of fun the last three months with the metagame. Let us know if it is done, or if not, what the path forward will be to continue it.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I agree that if Master and namelochil don't want to continue and there's no one to take their slot, probably best to just let the game end. As far as points go, not that significant an amount of them there, but 2 options. Either one is good for me, I don't really care that much about a few points. (If it had gotten to 2 or 3 thousand I probably would care a little, lol) Either leave it as is, no one loses or gains, or divide up the points according to # of terts held. Currently that's about 15 points per tert.

Sad to see so many great players leaving, and sad that this great tourney will end with no real winners. I was enjoying this more than any games I've played around here in a long time.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Sad to see so many great players leaving, and sad that this great tourney will end with no real winners. I was enjoying this more than any games I've played around here in a long time.

Same for me, hope to see all of you sometime arround at least to say hi, @master, @th child, @dorcee * @name

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
hey guys you don't need to leave like totally.. keep at least 1-2 games going like i am doing =) cya around!

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Hi masterjskye - thanks for all the work you have put into this and all the tournaments you arrange too - all your efforts have been much appreciated. I wish you all the best in your new ventures.

Thanks Trailblazer! Appreciated.

...When masterjskye and namelochil said they wanted to drop, I was hoping they could find a team willing to take their place (master/name could pay their points through the current round) and pay points for any rounds going forward. Having all those terts go neutral seems like it would spoil the game.

.... Let us know if it is done, or if not, what the path forward will be to continue it.

Basically the path forward will be decided by whoever wants to take up the mantle of MetaGame organizer, if there is anyone. Looks like it will be ending here though. For those that were still enjoying it, or keen for the game to restart because their team a bad start then maybe that could be done at some point. Not by me though. I would be willing to upload the master copy of the map some time if that was happening - just for ease of editing.

About the points - I think just leave it as is. No one loses or gains anything.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
About the points - I think just leave it as is. No one loses or gains anything.

I think this is fair. But I would like to recognize cards and chilly for their awesome tactical play (in individual games as well as metagame moves). You guys were really firing on all cylinders--I'm sorry for playing my part in your inability to continue. . .

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
I think this is fair. But I would like to recognize cards and chilly for their awesome tactical play (in individual games as well as metagame moves). You guys were really firing on all cylinders--I'm sorry for playing my part in your inability to continue. . .

I think this is fair as well. However I also want to congratulate cards and chilly for having 10/10 wins. Not an easy feature.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Thanks namelochil and hat7rick. We appreciate the nod. It was fun while it lasted.