• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Death of Flash and the Future of MC? And why renew? Puffin Browser an option?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
My MC subscription renewal just came up. I'm holding off on renewing. Why start new games that will may die in mid-game on December 31st when Browsers will remove and no longer support the Flash extension option?

Does anyone know of a plan B for MC or will it die New Years Eve?

Has the NewSheriffInTown already left town? I've messaged him but as of yet have not received an answer.

The Puffin Browser 'claims' it will still support Flash in 2021. The ads in the free version are a real pain and no way will I pay MC and Puffin to play - but - if Puffin does support Flash then I may at lest be able to play out any open games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

< Microsoft Edge will continue to require approval for Flash on a site-by-site basis. By the end of 2020, we will remove the ability to run Adobe Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer across all supported versions of Microsoft Windows. Users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash. >

< Flash Player blocked as "out of date" (Target: All Chrome versions - Jan 2021)
Summary: Flash Player will be marked as out of date and will be blocked from loading.
Rationale: Align with Adobe's announced plan to end support. >

< With Puffin Cloud Isolation - Flash Is Forever! People say that Flash games are not safe. Browsers cannot run Flash games beyond 2020. They were right till we make the impossible possible.

With Puffin, people around the world can play Flash games safely on their browsers. No need to install any software, any browser extensions. No additional settings are required. Just visit the Puffin Flash Store on your browser, and it simply works. >

Attachments

• Puffin and Flash.jpg
    Puffin and Flash.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 22

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
hi guys, supernice to aknowledge you're working hard on it for our fun, a big thanks. Just let us know if we can do anything more for you guys, all our confindence in your work!

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
actually flash is working I had to rotate throug different browsers but it allways works in any case send me pm

Upvote 0

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Copying Sheriff's update HERE:

UPDATE : Dec 28 2020
UPDATE:

I know there hasn't been an update for a while, but that was because I've been waiting to give everyone some terrific news! Unfortunately, the news won't be as good as I hoped, but still better then some have speculated...

GOOD NEWS

- The only thing left to do is integrate the BETA games with the Player's Scores and the Scoreboard. Then we can continue playing like normal without the need for Flash.

NOT SO GOOD NEWS

- Unfortunately this will not be ready until some time in Janurary.

GOOD NEWS

- We are opening up BETA game to EVERYONE! So you can now play for FREE until we finish the integration.

GOOD NEWS / MAYBE NOT SO BAD NEWS?

- While BETA is now available to everyone, your scores will remain unaffected regardless if you win or lose any of the BETA games. So maybe now is the time to practice and try out some new maps and strategies you've been thinking of, but were always hesitant to try.

- It also means that everyone can play Fixed Force, as well as 24 player games while we keep working in the background!

SUMMARY

We all know that the regular games, including all tournaments will stop working on Dec 31. So the only thing available to play will be the BETA games after that date. I do not recommend starting a regular game unless it is real-time, or that you are certain it can be completed before the end of the year. Currently it is unknown how we will transition the active games and tournaments to the new game engine, but that is something we will look at after we get the scoreboard and points integrated. Meanwhile, I hope that playing some casual games without the worry of losing points will be enough to entertain everyone until this next stage is complete.

Thanks for being the best players out there!

P.S.

IF YOU HAVE A PAID MEMBERSHIP : Anyone who has a paid membership will have their membership extended, and receive some bonus months for free, once we get everything back to normal. Otherwise, if you just paid and don't want to stick around, then feel free to request a refund for the unused portion of your membership in the PRIVATE SUPPORT section of the forum. Thank you!

Upvote 0

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
Copying Sheriff's update HERE:

UPDATE : Dec 28 2020
UPDATE:

I know there hasn't been an update for a while, but that was because I've been waiting to give everyone some terrific news! Unfortunately, the news won't be as good as I hoped, but still better then some have speculated...

GOOD NEWS

- The only thing left to do is integrate the BETA games with the Player's Scores and the Scoreboard. Then we can continue playing like normal without the need for Flash.

NOT SO GOOD NEWS

- Unfortunately this will not be ready until some time in Janurary.

GOOD NEWS

- We are opening up BETA game to EVERYONE! So you can now play for FREE until we finish the integration.

GOOD NEWS / MAYBE NOT SO BAD NEWS?

- While BETA is now available to everyone, your scores will remain unaffected regardless if you win or lose any of the BETA games. So maybe now is the time to practice and try out some new maps and strategies you've been thinking of, but were always hesitant to try.

- It also means that everyone can play Fixed Force, as well as 24 player games while we keep working in the background!

SUMMARY

We all know that the regular games, including all tournaments will stop working on Dec 31. So the only thing available to play will be the BETA games after that date. I do not recommend starting a regular game unless it is real-time, or that you are certain it can be completed before the end of the year. Currently it is unknown how we will transition the active games and tournaments to the new game engine, but that is something we will look at after we get the scoreboard and points integrated. Meanwhile, I hope that playing some casual games without the worry of losing points will be enough to entertain everyone until this next stage is complete.

Thanks for being the best players out there!

P.S.

IF YOU HAVE A PAID MEMBERSHIP : Anyone who has a paid membership will have their membership extended, and receive some bonus months for free, once we get everything back to normal. Otherwise, if you just paid and don't want to stick around, then feel free to request a refund for the unused portion of your membership in the PRIVATE SUPPORT section of the forum. Thank you!

Hey Brian, I don't suppose you know if there is an option to change colours in the Beta or if this is something on the 'after the scoreboard' list?

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hey Brian, I don't suppose you know if there is an option to change colours in the Beta or if this is something on the 'after the scoreboard' list?

Colours are changed under the INTEL tab, next to the player's name. Click on the color icon next to the players name (I think) I haven't looked in a while.

Upvote 0

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
You're 100% bud, I just missed it

Upvote 0

jeweettoch

Awesome Player
Really appreciate the info and hard work that some put in. Thank you!
We will see what happens the first of januari.

Upvote 0

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Hey, how can I access beta games? The "Beta" tab just opens a blank page for me.

are you using chrome? it's a blank page for me in internet explorer. also hover your mouse over the pic. join or start game button will show up. hope it works for you!

Upvote 0

Biliam82

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
What about changing colors on the neutrals?

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Neutrals are at the bottom of the INTEL tab. You can click on their colour icon to choose a new colour.

Upvote 0

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Neutrals are at the bottom of the INTEL tab. You can click on their colour icon to choose a new colour.

And if you want to make a colour into a color, just drive south.

Upvote 0

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
or sail east

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Not if you were leaving from Hong Kong

Is either of us leaving from Hong Kong? I seriously doubt it. I guess most Hong Kong residents would prefer Chinese, which invalidates your point :-D

Upvote 0

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
To change colour to color, you need to sail West, no?

Sebrim you are right. I had a temporary brain freeze and switched the colour to color in my mind.

Upvote 0

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
Is it helpful to point out at this stage that you can go either East or West to change 'colour' to 'color' - so long as you travel far enough? …probably not. Happy New Year! :beers:

Upvote 0

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Is it helpful to point out at this stage that you can go either East or West to change 'colour' to 'color' - so long as you travel far enough? …probably not. Happy New Year! :beers:

No question about it d, it IS helpful to point that out.

Upvote 0