• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Death of Flash and the Future of MC? And why renew? Puffin Browser an option?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
My MC subscription renewal just came up. I'm holding off on renewing. Why start new games that will may die in mid-game on December 31st when Browsers will remove and no longer support the Flash extension option?

Does anyone know of a plan B for MC or will it die New Years Eve?

Has the NewSheriffInTown already left town? I've messaged him but as of yet have not received an answer.

The Puffin Browser 'claims' it will still support Flash in 2021. The ads in the free version are a real pain and no way will I pay MC and Puffin to play - but - if Puffin does support Flash then I may at lest be able to play out any open games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

< Microsoft Edge will continue to require approval for Flash on a site-by-site basis. By the end of 2020, we will remove the ability to run Adobe Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer across all supported versions of Microsoft Windows. Users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash. >

< Flash Player blocked as "out of date" (Target: All Chrome versions - Jan 2021)
Summary: Flash Player will be marked as out of date and will be blocked from loading.
Rationale: Align with Adobe's announced plan to end support. >

< With Puffin Cloud Isolation - Flash Is Forever! People say that Flash games are not safe. Browsers cannot run Flash games beyond 2020. They were right till we make the impossible possible.

With Puffin, people around the world can play Flash games safely on their browsers. No need to install any software, any browser extensions. No additional settings are required. Just visit the Puffin Flash Store on your browser, and it simply works. >

Attachments

• Puffin and Flash.jpg
    Puffin and Flash.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 22

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Oh...I thought the world was flat....doh! :banghead:

Upvote 0

CaptSweatpants

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Hi.

BETA games will continue to work after Dec 31 because they do not use Flash.

We are trying our best to integrate the BETA engine with the current website's scoreboard and points system.

Most likely all Flash games will stop working on Dec 31.

Firefox (version 8.0.1) continues to have flash support. I played in a Flash game this AM. It seems as long as you do not shut down the flash pages... except maybe the start a new game page... we might be able to finish the ongoing games.

Just a thought...

Here's a link to it.
https://mozilla-firefox.apponic.com/8.0.1-140301/

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Is it helpful to point out at this stage that you can go either East or West to change 'colour' to 'color' - so long as you travel far enough? …probably not. Happy New Year! :beers:

Very helpful indeed - that is, until you start wondering how on earth to sail eastwards from Britain - you need to sail an awfully long way northwards or southwards before being able to really sail eastwards.... Otherwise you get stuck somewhere in the Baltic Sea, where it's värv or tsvet etc. that counts

Upvote 0

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
So the "Home" tab isn't opening up now - is that curtains for our current games?

Upvote 0

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
So the "Home" tab isn't opening up now - is that curtains for our current games?

It looks like it! And I have that bright red TURNS icon staring me in the face!

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Beta games = no changing players colors and NO email notification of turns...anybody else have this happen ?

Upvote 0

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Beta games = no changing players colors and NO email notification of turns...anybody else have this happen ?

you can change colours....this is how....

1. there is a down arrow by each player's name...click on it

WbXt30j.jpg

2. then all the colour options will pop up and select what you want. hope that helps! :lollypop:

LlluOgb.jpg

Upvote 0

welshmaz

Awesome Player
Just wanted to wish all doing hard work the very best of luck and say many thanks for the effort - we really appreciate it. Just tried to load a flash game and alas....happy new year to you all though

Upvote 0

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
On the bright side - I was losing most of them anyway

Upvote 0

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Must say, the new beta system seems pretty damn good to me so far. Easier to change colours. None of that faffing around enabling flash. Tea and medals for all involved I think

Upvote 0

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
If I was picking nits, it'd be good if the 'Turns' counter reflected the new beta games rather than the old ones - but that's about the only thing I've come across so far that isn't tickety-boo

Upvote 0

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
And that new map of the US - it's massive! I've got no idea what I'm doing on it.

Upvote 0

Biliam82

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
What happens to all of the tournaments and the buy-ins for tournaments that never started?

Upvote 0

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Aha - one other thing by way of constructive criticism - on the old system you could put in a comment when you set up a game (I often used it on 4 and 5 player games to specify No Diplomacy). I can't find any way of doing that on setting up a new beta game.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
What happens to all of the tournaments and the buy-ins for tournaments that never started?

Tournaments that never started will eventually be started using the new game engine. So they buy-ins will still be valid when we merge the Tournament games with the BETA engine.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Aha - one other thing by way of constructive criticism - on the old system you could put in a comment when you set up a game (I often used it on 4 and 5 player games to specify No Diplomacy). I can't find any way of doing that on setting up a new beta game.

Thanks. We will add "NOTES" to the list of things to do.

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
you can change colours....this is how....

1. there is a down arrow by each player's name...click on it

WbXt30j.jpg

2. then all the colour options will pop up and select what you want. hope that helps! :lollypop:

LlluOgb.jpg

Thanx, Peri...your helpfulness is appreciated !

Upvote 0

hermit

Awesome Player
Very impressed with Beta so far, well done MC team!

In terms of tournaments, when can we expect those to be open again for joining and playing? I can't find any tab for that as of now

Upvote 0