• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Changing of The Guards Grand Tournament

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
By the way, all you who now have 'super-grunt' status for a while, all the other tourneys are open to you, too. :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Better jump in fast! Less then 20 of the 175 spots in each tournament left.

While you're at it, all you 'super-grunts' can take a look at the other open tourneys and regular games, now that you can (for a while) play more than 4 games!

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
about 10 spots left - grab 'em quick before they run out!

spamster

Awesome Player
CRAP! I thought by "signing-up" for the tourney in the thread was my spot acceptance. So I go on vacation for a few days, come back, all full. That sucks

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
A couple of days ago I received this message from guerilla - a player I had no previous contact with -

I'm trying to help those in the tourneys affected by my ban.
I had multiple accounts. I only used them to play pairs and triples with myself. But, its against the rules and those characters are out (fatherdamo, TheEnemy, TheVorticist, Praxitella).
Fair enough.
Those characters were entered to the big tourneys, and you're in one of those games. I regret enormously that you are going to have to wait for me to be declared AWOL. Sorry.
It's up to you how you use this info. You can share with the people you are playing with, or use to your advantage. That's up to you.
But I wanted to let folk know that while I broke the rules I wasn't being rude.

I immediately opened up the tourney game and informed the other players of this and that TheEnemy's troops could be considered effectively neutral. Being first to go I'd already taken my turn but luckily this knowledge would not have affected my strategy (I was given 3 out of 4 on Cardiff so obviously I was going to take the fourth) and twice lucky the next player to go hadn't taken his turn yet.

Today, however, I received a further message from guerilla -

The other players sent the same message in the Big Tourneys chose to ignore it.

so, heads up: if you're in a tourney game with fatherdamo, TheEnemy, TheVorticist, Praxitella you may want to adjust your strategies.

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Thanks for sharing cagey.

This multiple account issue needs to be addressed in the overhaul or somewhere further down the line.
As for IP banning.... multiple players can play fairly from the same household so not sure how effective this would be.

Maybe subscription only would be more of a deterrent. Just checked and `guerilla` is NON paying grunt

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Glad to see these players are not in my tourny games. I did just finish a doubles game where one team was TheVorticist and fatherdamo.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Glad to see these players are not in my tourny games. I did just finish a doubles game where one team was TheVorticist and fatherdamo.

Impossible! He just stated they were only created to play games against himself. :marchmellow:
"I had multiple accounts. I only used them to play pairs and triples with myself. But, its against the rules and those characters are out (fatherdamo, TheEnemy, TheVorticist, Praxitella)."

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Actually, I investigated this last week. and what he was doing was using his accounts to be on the same team. For example, if there was a 9 player triples game (3 v 3 v 3) Then TheEnemy, TheVorticist, and Praxitella were all on the same team. The opponents were random.

It's not the worst breakage of rules i've seen. Technically he wasn't even playing more than 4 different games at same time. And he certainly didn't double up in a singles game. It sort of made me pause and think, because there was no real malice, it just could have been a very anti-social guy who wanted to play team games, I don't know....

Certainly entering all 4 accounts into the tournament was a big mistake. Everyone gets 1 chance to play and win, not 4. So that was a bannable offense. But the rest, I could have had some compassion for, and let him keep 1 account while closing the other 3. But it hasn't turned out that way....

He sent a courteous message though....

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Yep, his accounts were 1 team in the game I was in. I guess it's one way to guarantee having a good partner. Unless you are a bad player. :)

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I think you got it right adjedo: banning all but one of the accounts. Having a 'team' made up of several accounts that are actually one person conveys no tactical advantage but does give a definite strategic advantage inasmuch as the key to a successful team is communication between it's members so they all follow the same strategy.