• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

team points calculation error

waldegrave

Awesome Player
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm posting it here so it gets attention. The team points are not being calculated correctly. In the past, the losing team's average score was divided by the winning team's average score and multiplied by 30, and the winners were each awarded the resulting points from the losers. Now, the points that should be awarded to each winner are being divided by the number of teammates. For example, in a 3v3 game between players with equal scores, the winners should each be awarded 30 points. Now, the winners are given 10 points. If this were a 10v10 game, the winners would only be given 3 points. This results in team games having significantly lower stakes, but it shouldn't be too difficult to fix -- the code dividing the points by number of teammates simply needs to be deleted.

Last edited:

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Well, that explains why my winnings in team games has seemed rather paltry lately. If in fact it turns out that there has been an actual error in the calculations, it would be nice if the admin folks could retroactively correct the awarded points for the last several months.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hi @waldegrave,

Yes, you are correct. Good catch. It's amazing we've had this system for almost two years an no one noticed anything until now!

We are going to look at a fix and if it can be applied retro. Otherwise it will be applied from our next update and affect game in the future. So stay tuned.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I mentioned this awhile ago. Really need password protection...