• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Team games

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
I have a real life friend that plays here. Is there a way to create a 12 player team game and actually choose my teammate?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
set a time for you both to be logged on, that way your buddy can join on your team right after you make the game.

Upvote 0

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
Oh, I thought the teams were by default assigned randomly. I suppose that's not true then. Good to know.

Upvote 0

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Don't know if you know this, so I hope I am not insulting your intelligence. If you click on a the box for a team game in the Games tab (that is, anywhere in the infobox besides the "Join" button), it will expand, showing you something like this:

351ad8852860b7f594c535a47b186037.png

Just have your desired partner join a slot that has the same color as yours.

EDIT: There might be something screwy going on in the way those names are arranged in that picture. I forget!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I don't think you can find that for password-protected games, b/c it takes you to the password game, you put in the password, and then it just puts you into the game without picking teams.

I mean..maybe it is possible, but I don't know how to do it (not that I've tried in a while).

Upvote 0

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
z, it worked for Thunderous's Amazing Race. You just have to search for the game, and link to the results:

Ehh

imperfect example, because the game is over, of course.

Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
"You just have to search for the game, and link to the results"???

I have no idea what that means lol

Upvote 0

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
use the find game tab, search for the settings of your games, then post that link that it provids, giving you a direct link to all the games with those settings

Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well that's good to know...

...but obviously needs to be made easier for people who'd have no idea to do that (like me).

Upvote 0

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Wait...isn't that how you linked to all the group games for the Chaos tournament?

Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
The Chaos tournament had no teams in it, so joining the correct team was not even an issue, as it wasn't even a possibility. I just gave people the link to the game and you guys joined. I didn't make people search around in the find a game tab to find them.

Upvote 0

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
Don't know if you know this, so I hope I am not insulting your intelligence. If you click on a the box for a team game in the Games tab (that is, anywhere in the infobox besides the "Join" button), it will expand, showing you something like this:

351ad8852860b7f594c535a47b186037.png

Just have your desired partner join a slot that has the same color as yours.

EDIT: There might be something screwy going on in the way those names are arranged in that picture. I forget!

Thanks... clear and concise. I never noticed the colors before.

Upvote 0

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
All good advice ,but it doesn't explain why after fallowing all the procedure we still aren't on the same team.

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
that might be a question for the bug forum, if doing everything explained is still not allowing you to join on the same team.

Bugs & Fixes

Upvote 0

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
All good advice ,but it doesn't explain why after fallowing all the procedure we still aren't on the same team.

I used your post earlier in this thread to start a new thread for you over in the Bugs forum.

Upvote 0

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Thanks buddy,wasn't sure where it should go.

Upvote 0