• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Tactic Help from a new player

DeadJester

Awesome Player
Hi,

Since i've been playing this game for about a month now, I thought it might've been cool if I give some tips on how to play this game. Some of these are mine, others I've received from others; (Disclaimer: Take a look at my streaks before using these tactics, they don't have that greatest track record).

For the Mesopotamia map:
- Leave the neutrals alone, unless they give you a really good advantage (aka you don't get slammed by your opponent in the next turn).
- Fortify the regions that protect the command(s).
- Pray to every god there is so that you roll good, and the other guy has a bad streak. Sets and troops mean everything on that map.

For Classic Evolved:
- Never get isolated, always keep your options open.
- Use truces to your advantage
- Truces are usually giving you a disadvantage in the long run, think before you accept.
- If in a four player game with an AWOL, keep your head in the game, team ups happen.
- If in a four player game with an AWOL, or on a 2 player game: focus on the active player(s).

For Twelve Domains:
- Stay away from this map in RT if you're new; it's shark bait.

For Nukes:
- Stay away from this map in RT if you're new; it's sharkbait (and the brief really isn't clear)

General tips:
For RT games:
- Always assume that 3 cards hold a set, it'll prepare you for the onslaught.
- Beware of players with low honor scores (with high votes), something must've happened for them to earn such a score.
- Never think that truces will keep you safe, people will break them fast in necessary.
- Always assume that the dice will roll in favor of the opponent no matter what your troop count is.
- Games mostly end when someone attains 50 or more troops in a single territory.
- Games are mostly decided in the first three rounds. Be it troops counts, dice streaks or command bonuses.

For Casual games:
- Same as for RT plus the following:
- 4 player games are somewhat the ideal game length-wise.
- Six or more players games take a buttload of time, beware.

I guess that's it for now. More will be added when i've gotten more experience myself;

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
way to get involved. it will make ur time on this site way more enjoyable. May I suggest u write a blog. MC will give u a free month for one. if ur interested, look in the forum under "we need ur help".

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Hi Dead and welcome,
Since you are new to this game, you should be asking for tips, not providing ;)

Jokes aside now: don't worry too much about specific tips. At this point it is a lot more valuable to understand the major ideas and concepts. They are numerous and it takes a while to master.

1. Learn to play one map only for now. Learn its inside outs and get good at it. "THAT'S" the first thing.
2. strategy should be learnt first, tactics second (yes, they are different things)

Read the wiki (lots of valuable resources), read everything you can in this forum
Ask questions, don't be shy... Ask again and again.... I did exactly this
Redstorm is doing a bloody fantastic job in the Academy forum. I'm sure he will be most helpful to you

Good fights!
I hope that helps

5battalions

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
2. strategy should be learnt first, tactics second (yes, they are different things)

this would be a fantastic topic... :fisheye:it even can create an entirely forum:fisheye:

tks dead for the 'warhead' tips...

but i would like to humbly say that

Games mostly end when someone attains 50 or more troops in a single territory.
sometimes cards disapoint. very cool tip.

- Games are mostly decided in the first three rounds. Be it troops counts, dice streaks or command bonuses.
feels like 1vs1

good wars.

Last edited: