• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Suggestion: Attacking from territory just conquered

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Concise description: Making attacking faster.

Specifics: Let's say, I just attacked and conquered Territory B from Territory A. I will attack C from Territory B. Instead of having to click on Territory B and Territory C, have Territory B already highlighted so one would only have to click on Territory C to make their attack instead of having to click from Territory B to choose where to attack from to attack C.

Another possibility:
Have this option available if there is over a certain amount of armies on the territory [10?] (usually, if there is a large amount of armies somewhere, the player plans on attacking multiple territories). ;)

Benefits: In anticipation of wiping out the opponents entire armada, it will make minimize annoyance of more clicking to take out the enemies!

I know this site is still in the works, and there are more pressing issues to attend to, but it's just an idea :top:

--zsp

Last edited:

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
this would be SUPER helpful in RT games, I've run out of time more than once because of the attack process. Good call ZSP!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
So what happens if you attack and conquer from A to B, then you want to attack from C to D. Would you then have to click B to deselect it?

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
So what happens if you attack and conquer from A to B, then you want to attack from C to D. Would you then have to click B to deselect it?

Is it possible that by clicking C to attack D, B is automatically deselected?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Is it possible that by clicking C to attack D, B is automatically deselected?

but under your idea, clicking C would prompt an attack from B to C.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well, I think we have 2 different situations going on at the moment. In my first post, I just attacked B and want to attack C (but don't have it yet). In your first post, you made the comment of attacking D from C (I do have it).

So, if I already own C and B is selected, I obviously cannot attack myself and would presumably get a message saying that I cannot do that. If you'd like to attack from a different territory, say, E to F, by clicking E, you automatically deselect B.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I think we got a little mixed up with all the algebra flying around, haha. I took it to mean simply automatically selecting, or highlighting the territory you just conquered, making it only necessary to select the next terr. to attack, not having it automatically initiate any attack. Bado, if I remember correctly the way the game plays right now, if a terr. is highlighted, you don't have to click it to de-select it, just click another terr. So this would not lock you into an attack, just remove one step of a potential attack, and without hindering any alternative attacks one might wish to initiate.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I think we got a little mixed up with all the algebra flying around, haha. I took it to mean simply automatically selecting, or highlighting the territory you just conquered, making it only necessary to select the next terr. to attack, not having it automatically initiate any attack. Bado, if I remember correctly the way the game plays right now, if a terr. is highlighted, you don't have to click it to de-select it, just click another terr. So this would not lock you into an attack, just remove one step of a potential attack, and without hindering any alternative attacks one might wish to initiate.
I think this is correct. I love the idea of not needing to click every time. Once the troops have been moved after conquering, the region the troops move into would be assumed as the currently selected region.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I just deleted a post that I probably should have edited instead. Basically was explaining something that turned out to be totally wrong. Sorry. I felt guilt for abusing my delete power and so had to make this post.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
ding ding ding! We have a winner for the shortest and simplest explanation! Lol Widow, you win an all inclusive trip to your computer to program it :eek:D

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
ding ding ding! We have a winner for the shortest and simplest explanation! Lol Widow, you win an all inclusive trip to your computer to program it :eek:D

I just make maps, no coding for me. (Unless it is some quick excel macro junk or something)