• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Space age NUKES vs 12 Domains

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
Just an idea!

Picture the scene. The year is 2139. Mankind, not having learned from history has destroyed the Earth, leaving the planet a desolate wasteland. In desperation, scientists and engineers from across the globe built an enormous space station onto which the human race was migrated.

And so it was 'ZODIAC' came to be. A collosal structure, divided into 4 main sections built around a central core, each with a specific task, vital to mans collective continued survival. Earth, responsible for food production. Air, responsible for clean air filtration. Fire, responsible for heat, and propulsion and Water, responsible for clean water filtration and dispersal. Without countries the population was divided into 12 sects, 3 assigned to a section, each named after an Astrological starsign.

Your aim, to take control of each section and ultimately, Zodiac itself.

A race to the center of the space station and weapons control!

With a bonus for holding your sign and another for holding your entire section, can you be the one to control Zodiac and finally unite mankind to a single purpose?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
sounds good. Got a draft map that you're working on?

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I like the sound of it too!

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
it might be interesting to come up with a short series of 12 Domains maps using the same basic geography... fast-forward 1,000 years to an early industrial revolution 12 Industries in which Dragons are gone and power comes from acquiring resources, then another 200 years to a post-apocalyptic 12 Tribes map with global warming and irradiated areas and everybody scrambles for control of the last remaining food sources and the nuclear arsenal at the center of the map.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
that would be great, Shep. Not only for regular gameplay, but the map series would make for good tourney material.

you might be able to use that concept in Europe, too. Another map, post-cold war, maybe 2. Been enough changes to countries there that at least one more map would be do-able, imo.

Eunoia

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I like B1Gs idea a lot. I also liked Cards idea for turning twelve domains into a series of maps.

B1G, for your map idea: Basically you fight under your astrological sign/standard for one of the four main sections (against two others), and the winner starts moving for the core against those who won in the other sections? The core being Neutral, like 12 domains?

Assuming my previous statements/questions are correct then if its a teams match up... does everyone on one team start randomly in different sections or do they start in the same section (which would, of course, need three ways to enter/exit the sections, whether it be parallel paths or elsewhere).

Also, can sections be accessed from other sections, or only from the core?

And last question (sorry B1G lol)... but what do you mean when you say that you can "hold your sign" before holding a section?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
well, if you look back a space or two, you'll see that it was Shep's idea, Eunoia. But its a good one. I think Europe is prime for the same thing. A WWI era map, a more current map, maybe an older one, like a renaissance-age map?

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
Hey Kyle (Eunoia)... I'm still getting used to the name change lol, If you could imagine a 12 spoke wagon wheel then the spokes and the rim of the wheel would become access points to traverse between your 'starting' sign regions which would be located inbetween those spokes. Much like 12 Domains, which you have to say has to be the most popular map on the site at present, all regions would start Neutral, Much like nukes there would be regions that increase ones bonus and in an effort to increase attacking options you could, much like the ships on the phillipines map have 4 shuttle bays.

This is like I said just an idea so ALL input from ALL players is very much welcome.

Oh and Shep mate, way to take an idea n expand it. To echo Card I too think the Tourney potential is awesome!

SlaughterMountain

Awesome Player
I am really excited to see this idea. i think it will be an enjoyable map to play on.
my suggestion is to put the signs in groups according to their elements: Earth(Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo), Air(Aquarius, Gemini and Libra), Water( Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio) and Fire(Aries, Leo and Sagittarius)

Eunoia

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
well, if you look back a space or two, you'll see that it was Shep's idea, Eunoia. But its a good one. I think Europe is prime for the same thing. A WWI era map, a more current map, maybe an older one, like a renaissance-age map?

Whoops. I read it all, just mixed up who said what in my mind. Sorry Shep! :)

Hey Kyle (Eunoia)... I'm still getting used to the name change lol

Thanks B1G for clarifying my questions. I'd like to see a pic. whenever you get a working draft done. I can't quite imagine the placement of the shuttle bays.

And you can call me Kyle all you like. I don't mind at all.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Arriving a little late to this discussion. I like the original idea of BIG'S and also the suggestions by Cards. Kyle asked some good questions. Would enjoy seeing it go into further development. Hope you get it approved.

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I cant wait to see this map ready for playing

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
We definitely need some space themed maps. With nice dark black and blues. I think every corner of this earth has been conquered!

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
OK... So here's my idea! (A work in progress)

Holding to the general gameplay principle of 12 domains, with a twist to increase attacking options, while reducing the chance of a stalemate.

The 3 Northern commands on the map would become, Aries, Leo & Sagittarius. Collectively, Fire.
The 3 Eastern commands would become, Cancer, Scorpio & Pisces. Collectively, Water.
The 3 Southern commands, Gemini, Libra & Aquarius. Air
The 3 Western commands, Taurus, Virgo & Capricorn. Earth.

The villages in each of the 4 main convergence areas would become Airlocks. From these airlocks, as in "NUKES", a side panel is accessible. This side panel would give access to the shuttle bay, which is only available when both the airlock & ALL 3 signs starting points in that sector are occupied and held by 1 player at the start of their turn. Upon accessing the shuttle bay, 50 troops would auto deploy & that player could then attack, via any of the other 3 shuttle bays, any of the other 3 airlocks.
This would, I anticipate, give an extra attacking dimension to the game & reduce the possibility of a stalemate.

Draig Tower becomes weapons control, maintaining it's current functionality.

Dragons becomes weapons platforms, maintaining their current functionality.

Thoughts, comments, questions and ideas please.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm all for cool new maps, B1G, but Shep said a few months ago that he's not going to publish any new maps until the site rebuild is done. I see his point; right now the site is teetering on unplayable, I have NO doubt that new players play 1-2 games and leave shaking their heads. I want to see this site succeed, and having new maps periodically is part of that, certainly. But, as we currently stand, until the rebuild/switch to HTML5 is done and all the horrible bugs killed, there's just no sense in making more maps.

Wish we had a clue as to if/when Bado is ever planning that. I'm starting to wonder IF it will happen. The 'management', as it were, doesn't seem to be active AT ALL the past year.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Yep as many said, I love all the ideas here posted and also wondering if the site will be rebuilded or not :S

jburl

Awesome Player
Another awesome idea! I like the space theme too. just a question; would there be intermediary connections between each sign in a group like twelve domains or will each have its own shot to the center?