• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Skip turn: consequences?

coolname

Awesome Player
Just saw someone miss a turn. That is recorded. Also read:

Skipped. Given 3 deferred units for 2 regions​

Does the turn misser get +3 in the next round (in addition to "regular" 3)? That could, in some cases, be an advantage (deploy 6 in next round). Why no forfeit?

What other consequences are there to missing turns (besides reputation effects)?

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Just saw someone miss a turn. That is recorded. Also read:

Skipped. Given 3 deferred units for 2 regions​

Does the turn misser get +3 in the next round (in addition to "regular" 3)? That could, in some cases, be an advantage (deploy 6 in next round). Why no forfeit?

What other consequences are there to missing turns (besides reputation effects)?

as far as the defrred troops, there are some mechanics in there to keep it from being an advantage. You can't deploy deferred troops until after your next assault. I will let someone more experienced with this explain how it works, but it seems to do the job.

Upvote 0

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Evan's got it - you still get the troops you would have received based on your region count (Regions ÷ 3, minimum of three troops awarded) but you get them after you've finished your assault phase.

The idea here is that you shouldn't be put in a hole and driven out of a game because you missed a turn, but you also shouldn't be able to suddenly mount a major offensive with a ton of troops nobody else was prepared for.

As we implement more game play features there will be additional consequences for missing turns, for instance, if some deadbeat player is missing every turn they should be booted from the game after a few misses so the rest of the players can get on with their lives.

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
the reality though really, is, missed turns happen. you can't fault someone for what real life throws at them...if it's happening constantly and the player hasn't asked someone to cover for them or explained in the chatter what's going on to cause them to miss a turn.. well, it's really just bad gaming etiquette to not explain yourself if possible.

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Evan's got it - you still get the troops you would have received based on your region count (Regions ÷ 3, minimum of three troops awarded) but you get them after you've finished your assault phase.

Is it intentional that when going AWOL and getting deferred units that you don't get command bonus?

I think those bonus' should be deferred as well.

Haven't seen this in action recently, but I seem to recall that an opponent in a game I played got 3 deferred units and didn't get the +2 or +3 for his command bonus. Despite going AWOL unintentionally, and coming back right away, he was never able to get back into it.

Upvote 0

PointSpecial

Awesome Player
I think that if someone controls a command, they don't get that bonus. Or, at least, that was my experience the weekend I was away from the game and missed a turn.

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Is it intentional that when going AWOL and getting deferred units that you don't get command bonus?

I think those bonus' should be deferred as well.

Haven't seen this in action recently, but I seem to recall that an opponent in a game I played got 3 deferred units and didn't get the +2 or +3 for his command bonus. Despite going AWOL unintentionally, and coming back right away, he was never able to get back into it.

You dont get deferred command bonus

Upvote 0