• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Site development?

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Is there any progress to report on the site re-development?

It seems like we're down to a very small number of active players now. If things drag on much more we're going to get to a point soon where you can't get a game together - and at that point I would have thought there's a good chance the site will just die.

Seems to me it's better to do something (even if it's not perfect) rather than fiddle about wondering what to do.

• Kickstarter/GoFundMe. There was talk about getting an appeal up-and-running. I offered to help and did a little bit of work on it - but then it all went quiet. Can't that be pushed forward?
  • Advertising. I know some people don't like obtrusive ads. But if money is needed for the site development - well I'm sitting looking at a screen here which has two big empty brown columns down either side. Can't you sell that space. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather use a site that worked with some ads down the sides, than one that doesn't. For what it's worth, if I could afford it my business would buy an ad space.
  • Simplify the site. I know nothing about coding and what-not, but as I understand it the key problem is that there is a huge volume of work needed to get all the old functionality up-and-running again. If that's the case can't the site be simplified? You could probably lose half the maps and most of us wouldn't mind. Get the most-used maps running properly again, a working scoreboard, and maybe some tournaments - and you're back in business. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yes it is typically slow here at MajCom during the summer months. Apparently for kickstarter campaigns too! We decided to launch around the first Tuesday in September. Hopefully that will drum up some new members and donations as well. More to come.

As for your suggestions thanks! For the advertising I don't have those large brown spaces down the sides (since I play off my phone) putting the ads there would throw off the players on tablets and phones....that padding is required. I simply wouldn't play and we would like all players to play ideally on any device. (Nice idea tho). We do have advertising for those who are grunts and since you are not a grunt, you don't get to see those ads.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Not a grunt here too as I am seeing brown columns on my PC (End date of sponsoring might not work anymore as well?).
But I seriously am wondering if I should keep this site on my list of favourites, opening it on every restart of my browser.

I noticed last weekend that I had joined some games but when there was no start after some days I removed myself from those games.
It just isn't the same fun as it was before the end of flash :(

And apparently changing from flash to other platforms is too complex for the developers from this site, so will it be enough to have some crowd fundaction anyhow? What will be gained?
I'm easily to be convinced but are doubting at this moment

Greetz Roel