• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

simple .......

MinnesotaFreeze

Awesome Player
This website is rigged to favor the loyal old timers and the one's that pay them money. Simple, predictable dice patterns. You must play within your ranks, otherwise the old timers will smoke you out with loaded dice. What's funny is they all think their brilliant strategist's when they beat you with loaded dice.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yup, that makes sense. The best way to grow a website is to beat up and cheat every new person that joins. It's a foul-proof method of running a website. Newbies just love losing.... There's even a course at TED Talks called "Increasing Customer Retention by Alienating People Who Sign Up". Everyone does it. You just have to spend thousands of dollars on SEO to attract new player so that a small handful of "old-times" who cough up $5 twice a year can then chase them away.... It's a brilliant business model and I'm glad you highlighted it.

Of course that begs the question.... when an 'old-timer' plays another 'old-timer', whose loaded dice will prevail?

Last edited:

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
This website is rigged to favor the loyal old timers and the one's that pay them money. Simple, predictable dice patterns. You must play within your ranks, otherwise the old timers will smoke you out with loaded dice. What's funny is they all think their brilliant strategist's when they beat you with loaded dice.

This is a recurring theme....I'm not an oldtimer but been around long enough to know its just so much fiction. I do my share of losing to oldtimers, noobs and everybody in between. I wud challenge MinnesotaFreeze to spend the $5 just one time to gather evidence to support his claim. Good luck to you and watch out for evil space aliens cuz they will cheat you too.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
This website is rigged to favor the loyal old timers and the one's that pay them money.

it is fascinating how persistent this notion is. maybe just an intrinsic part of any game involving luck and / or being able to chose between sth free & the counterintuitive sth thats not. i am fondly remembering the supergrunts days - i thought it was a very generous idea & is what finally convinced me to upgrade, mostly for the tourneys & not the loaded dice though. are you planning on bringing those back any time? i think it does yield a better understanding what it actually is you are getting for the 5 bucks, plus it mixes the tourney section up nicely.

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
If somebody is really interested on how the dices go (instead of just complaining) there's always spreadsheet programs (even free ones, so you can save the 5 bucks for loaded dices!) where you can put all the dices in columns and calculate averages and whatnot. I think would show that the dices are random enough, and if you sometimes have long streaks of bad luck, you're also bound to have long streaks of good luck also. So just try to enjoy the game MinnesotaFreeze! (There's also some good strategy tips on wiki and forums which may help against loaded dices).

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
it is fascinating how persistent this notion is. maybe just an intrinsic part of any game involving luck and / or being able to chose between sth free & the counterintuitive sth thats not. i am fondly remembering the supergrunts days - i thought it was a very generous idea & is what finally convinced me to upgrade, mostly for the tourneys & not the loaded dice though. are you planning on bringing those back any time? i think it does yield a better understanding what it actually is you are getting for the 5 bucks, plus it mixes the tourney section up nicely.

Not going to put 2 cents in on the dice argument. To even start the debate is a losing cause. People only offer theories without proof.

As for SUPERGRUNTS. I hated them. Never saw so many unfilled 24 player and 12 player games. The AWOLS were higher than I ever saw before or after once the games got going. I stopped playing large games for an extended period of time since they were not fun at all with AWOLS.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Never saw so many unfilled 24 player and 12 player games. The AWOLS were higher than I ever saw before or after once the games got going. I stopped playing large games for an extended period of time since they were not fun at all with AWOLS.

yes. i suppose this makes sense, and being a supergrunt myself back then - not sth i would have noticed. too bad, but it is no good if it lessens the fun for the non supergrunts..

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Been here since Sept 27,2010, pay to play,when does this cheating thing start exactly.If I'm being being" favored" why is my rank so low.