• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Seriously?

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
I am in 2 games, it's my turn, and I can't even load the game. This is really annoying I must say.
But I guess what I find most upsetting is the total silence from TheSheriff/Admin on the situation/future of this site. There was a lot of input, suggestions, donations, etc. from members and not one word in return? Where is this "we are in this together" feeling regarding the site's difficulties? To me it's rather a one-sided ..... and therefore disappointing.

Last edited:

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Completely agree. Bear in mind, the admins/moderators are in the dark as well. Not sure why

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
ok folks...this is what i know....

1. the old flash game engine is a monster program. it took many years to program it and fine-tune it. unfortunately, the programs that exist out there to convert flash into html5 is not capable of converting our robust game engine. Marcos has been slowly recoding it in his spare time...but he needs help and someone who is competent to help him. If you are wondering what he needs help with....this link will give you the programming languages or skills that you need to help MajCom out.

2. Admittedly trying to integrate the old point system to the new UI system is taking a lot longer than anticipated. Anything with coding, something that you would think would take you a certain amount of time usually takes 3 to 4 times longer! So yes, there has been a few snags along the way, and having the system and crash a few times in January and now with some games not loading it is taking our attention away from recoding to being more reactive and getting the system running again.

3. this site is run on volunteers, including myself. unlike EA games or playstation or xbox or any major gaming company, they have paid full-time staff and they have a consistent source of revenue that pays a programmer's salary (google it if you are not sure how much they make). this site does not have that kind of revenue stream so implementation will take some time. yes, we did collect memberships but if you look at the scoreboard, that gives you an idea of how many memberships that is actually collected. yes, grunts do see ads...but you only get paid if a person actually "clicks" on the ad and they typically get 5cents to a dollar a click., which brings us to the call for cash. Doing the math...there is just not enough of us to raise the money needed for a full-time programmer....so how about a kickstarter page or a gofundme page for the site? this would help bring money in from outside our community.

4. and yes....redstorm is correct....all of us volunteers do not have the information or the answers you are looking for. but truth be told, i know they are working on it and i know that they can not guarantee a date when everything will be implemented. i know this isn't a great answer but at least you know, they are working on it. it will get done.

Last edited:

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Thanks Peri :)

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Peri, I know the task is not an easy one, and I know that volunteers are working hard on it. But you didn't get my point. To me it looks like the ship is sinking and the Captain is hiding in his cabin.
The site having difficulties is not really what I am grinding my teeth about. As I said, members made suggestions, had ideas, even proposed donations - but there was no reaction from the "Boss" - so nothing came of it. People showed that they care about this site - and there was no echo. You mean well peri, but the communication (and I am not talking about technical issues) is not to come from you but from TheSheriff - the owner of the site.

Last edited: