• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Season 1 -=MIDDLE WEIGHT=- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
I won gravity 3-0, who should I invite next? EmmieKae who seems to have returned or B1G4NF?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
B1G is next on the list

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
I missed a turn in ALL 3 of my matches through this latest site outage n feel justified in asking for the games to be played again... does anyone disagree?

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
B1G4NF, there was an outage for just a few hours, not for 24 hours. You had many hours prior to the outage to play your turns, and you had many hours after the outage to play your turns. I was actually looking after the outage for about 5 hours to see if you are going to play your turns, and you did not.

I play my turns as soon as I can to avoid outages which I take into account on a beta. Other than that I don't think that the games were "balanced" at all. I keep track of the troops count on every turn, and I will display them here.

Also I would like to emphasize that you got to start on all three games, so missing a turn, simply means that it's as if I got to start.

Game 74397: You started, at the end of round 1 I was leading 146-128, (18 troops difference, at the end of round 2 I was leading 128-111 (17 troops difference), at the end of round 3 I was leading 123-94 (29 troops difference), at the end of round 4 I was leading 113-68 (45 troops difference), at the end of round 5 I was leading 97-63 (34 troops difference), at the end of round 6, right before you missed your turn I was leading by 53 troops (100-47) that is far from balanced, and since we are not playing escalate or escalite, but we are playing "flat rate" there is no way you could have won that game even if you had extra two turns.

Game 74398, you started and by the end of round 1 I was leading 145-142, only 3 troops lead, by the end of round 2, I preserved that lead and lead 133-130, by the end of round 3, I was still 3 troops ahead 125-122. In round 4 you used your set, got the bonus, and I chose not to use my set just yet, so at the end of round 4 you were leading 120-116, but if you take into account that you used the 6 troops set and I have not, I was actually leading by 2. At the end of round 5 I was leading by 7 points, 112-105 without using my set yet, when you already used your set!

In round 6, I used my set, and I was leading 107-96 (11 troops), and that’s when you missed your turn. It is clear that the gap was only going to increase, as the direction was clear. You started, which is a huge advantage on this map, and despite that I was able to take the lead in both games.

In the 3rd game, game 74400, you were leading on every single turn, and the gap was increasing there in your favor, and you can finalize the win on that game if you would just end it.

Considering the facts mentioned above, I don’t think it’s fair that the games would be played again. I would like to add that I honestly was wondering in the hours prior to the outage of few hours what you were waiting for, and in the hours after service returned I was wondering the same thing.

I would also like to add that you are a very nice guy, and I really like you, and I am really sorry that you missed your turns, but as the troops count indicates, at the point when you missed your turns, you were already far from the point of balance.

tsmith989

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I never had an outage at home the past few days but all my friends spent hours trying to get on and never succeeded. The Belt is all about dice, judging from the troop counts you were playing on a larger map which dice are factored in even more. After reading your description of the games you two were 1-1 with the last one giving you a slight advantage but not much. If the deciding game was flat rate, which you more or less clarified by saying '6 troop set', dice are the most important thing, and losing a turn is crucial. In my opinion I would say finish the games out so you can get your points then have 1 more game that decides it. I understand B1G's reasoning because the last few days were very annoying, but to compensate I would say 1 game to decide it is reasonable.

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
Tsmith, I respect your opinion but I disgree with what you wrote. On a larger map the dice factor is less than an a smaller map, exactly the opposite of what you suggested. Going first is very important on that map, and despite the fact that he went first on all three games, I managed to take the lead in two of the three games. A lead that grew from 3 to 7 to 11, and that is not a "slight advantage", also it's something that I worked hard for, and it's not my fault that he didn't log on in time.

I detailed the troops count in every turn to show that he was losing the game either way, but I didn't have to show that because the bottom line is that he had 24 hours to play that turn, and I was in there, after the outage ended, hours before his deadline, and the site was running smooothly for hours at that point. If I was there during his turn, so could he, it was 21:30 in England.

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
Compromise:

Even though I feel that I worked very hard, going 2nd in all three games to turn the games around, and the fact that B1G4NF had plenty of time to play his turn despite the few hours downtime, since he is a really nice guy, and I like him, and I don't want him to feel that he lost due to external reasons, (he wasn't there to see the 11 troops gap), I would be willing to compromise on a 5 games match. A 1 game match is completely unfair because whoever gets to start has a huge advantage. A 5 games match would decrease the risk, and I am willing to compromise on that.

tsmith989

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I was going to suggest that if B1G got the first turn, since you were leading in the game, that he purposely misses his turn and goes 2nd. Also since you didn't mention what map it was, if it was Classic Massive going 1st has no pull, your draw and dice affect it a lot more, especially in 1v1 games. You have to take around 10 regions to drop the other person's troop count from 16 to 15 (not sure on the exact amount). If you increased your lead from 7-11 because he missed his turn, that's after you traded in which doesn't give you a guaranteed win by no means. I understand you were at a disadvantage cuz you went 2nd in all 3 games, but I know people that missed turns that they had 24 hours to take because the site was down for longer than that so I also understand where B1G is coming from. Like I said, I could log in at any time during the outage but my best friend 1200 miles away tried for hours but never managed it. Just because you logged in doesn't mean he could.

Given I have no effect on this situation other than my opinion, I would say 1 game where you go 1st. Same settings and same map. If you really want the 5 game matchup and B1G agrees, I don't see any reason to disagree with that. One thing I suggest is setting the criteria to that of someone defending the belt. Since you were winning you choose 3 of the games and B1G chooses 2. This still gives you the advantage whilst not being able to overpower him on a map and settings you're very experienced on.. Or just make 5 games that have the same settings of the deciding game, that seems reasonable as well.

Last edited:

gravity

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Just to add to this convo, I was locked out for a full 24 hours. I tend to check multiple times per day, even when I don't have a turn and I tried 5+ times many hours apart to login during the blackout and could not. My blackout lasted from one day, overnight, well into the next. It may have affected different people for longer or shorter periods, but it certainly was a full day for me.

grav

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
Word of advice: There is no need to check multiple times per day, you are wasting your time, you can register with Alertra.com or any of the other notification service like CheckSite.us, it's completely free and they check for you every 15 minutes, and as soon as the website is back on they can either send you a text message on your phone, or send you an email, or both, whatever you ask them to do.

That's how I can prove that it was off for no more than 13 hours (sent to my email):

CheckSite.us Update Status

We're just letting you know that we were able to access the following URL on July 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM EST:

http://www.majorcommand.com

Since we were able to access the URL, we will no longer continue to check this URL - it has been removed from our database.

Your e-mail address has also been removed and you will not receive any further communication from us.

Thank you for using CheckSite.us!

Since servers around the world behave differently, I checked at that time when there were were still a few hours to the deadline. and according to Altertra.com MajorCommand.com was accessible from ten different locations which they test: Los Angeles USA, Las Vegas USA, Orlando USA, Oklahoma City USA, Atlanta USA, Hong Kong CHN, Singapore, Joplin USA, London GBR, and Shanghai CHN.

Anyway, this is not the first, and not the last time that the service will not run continously. It is our responsibility to make sure we play our turn as soon as we can. I lost games both real time, and 24 hours games due to such connectivity issues, and I just accepted the fact that it's a beta, and it doesn't always run smoothly. I saw B1G4NF on hours after I turned my turns and apparently he wasn't in a rush to play the turns, then when he was ready to play them, the service was not available, and then when it was back and running, and there were still over three hours left on the clock, he wasn't here, and yes it was available in London GBR at 19:30 Greenwich time (earlier I calculated it wrong and stated it as 21:30), it turns out he actually had 2 more hours than I thought.

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
I believe we have a difference of opinion ShoeDirtLicker, for when I played my last turn before the outage there were only 8 troops separating us in the deciding game and the outage for me DID last for more than 24 hours GMT. I believe both from what I know AND from what you've written, you DID gain an unfair advantage and I would agree with tsmith that we should play a deciding match. As for taking my turns asap, there are very few players on the site that spend more hours in a day actually on the site than I. I'm not a sore loser and if it's decided the results should stand then so be it, but my missed turns were not by choice and as such cast doubt on the validity of the result. I feel sure every other player on the site would feel as agreived as I in the same circumstances... You included ShoeDirtLicker!

PLEASE SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER SHOTS!

Attachments

• balanced.JPG
    balanced.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 99
  • not so balanced.JPG
    not so balanced.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
B1G4NF, your picture does not show the troops count in the intel, it just shows the troops on the map. I went ahead through the tedious task of counting them one by one, and I checked my result several times. The gap in your BEFORE picture is 12, not "just 8", and that's with me holding my set to use it later which would have only increased the gap even more. Anyone who plays this map, with flat rate would tell you that it's a really big gap, and as the trend of the gaps prove, it was growing exponentially before you missed your turn.

There was no way you could have turned this game back even if you actually showed up to your turn on time.

tfdjw.png

As the picture attached proves, I was there when your deadline expired, and I was there 3 hours prior to it expiring, but I turned my turn as soon as I got it. You were not there when you could have been (Alertra.com connected from London three hours before your deadline), and I had a certain win before you missed your turn, and you should not be rewarded with turning a certain win (for me) into a questionable win because you did not show up to your turn.

I did not have to offer the 5 games offer, but I offered it out of good will. You should have jumped on the offer, and not continue to try to get the offer that would be best for you and maximize the luck element.

At this point I am withdrawing my 5 games offer, which I think was extremely generous in the first place. Your deadline expired too.

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
The pictures I provided showed the situation immediately before my missed turn and again immediately before my following turn My intention was to illustrate the advantage you gained. I do not take kindly to being called a liar either by the way. My 1st connection to the site in OVER 24 hours was around 10am GMT on Monday. Your attempt to suggest I intentionally missed my turns, or simply chose not to take them i find to be offensive and most certainly untrue. I took my turns at the earliest opportunity and am disappointed to say the least, at the aggressive stance you have taken. Your advantage before my missed turn was not "huge" as you describe it and would have been cut further following my turn, so in my opinion the game was far from being yours!

As for recinding your offer... it made no sense to me to be offered a replay, under different conditions than the games to be replayed! I was not as you suggested looking for a better deal.

I am hereby requesting an OFFICIAL VERDICT on our difference of opinion and an appology from you!

Last edited:

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
I am leading by 12 troops in the "before picture" you provided. Count the troops carefully and you will see yourself that it's a 12 troops margin in my favor, and not 8 as you wrote. Hopefully that makes you realize that your chances of turning that game were extremely slim to zero.

I suppose you still have a 0.00000000000000000000001 % chance to win the game you are taking your time now to play the turn. You only have 3 troops to deploy, I have 48 troops to deploy, plus 6 for cards, plus another 6 for having all 3 cards (I have all 5), that's 60 troops due. You have time to post here, yet you don't have time to start a turn and deploy 3 troops?

If you would play your turns faster you would not lose turns due to the website not being available for a few hours. 24 hours is a very long time, you shouldn't leave your turns to the last minute, and you actually got lucky that even after the service returned you still had 3 hours to play, but you did not.

ShoeDirtLicker

Awesome Player
You named your before picture "Balanced" and the after picture as "Not So Balanced". This would be like showing two pictures, in one there's a 400 lbs lady, and naming that picture "fat" and then her picture after she lost 200 lbs, and naming that picture "Skinny". She may be "skinnier" but she is far from skinny.

After you missed the turn, things were even more out of balance that's true, but when you are behind 12 troops, and I still have a set to turn in, things are very far from being "balanced". I would name the before picture as "Not So Balanced" and the after picture "Completely Out of Balance".

mark

Awesome Player
I won B1G4NF 2-1, and sent invitations to mark.

I am waiting to hear a ruling from Bado on this one. As he says in the rules; "I, Badorites am the referee and my word is law. Rules may be subject to change."

tsmith989

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
My main thought this whole time is why someone with 200 points more than the current Heavyweight Champion is still in Middleweight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.