• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Season 1 -=HEAVY WEIGHT=- (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
sending pm to nq1986 as he hasn't accepted yet, if he doesn't by tomorrow should I move on to the next person?
& btw, shouldn't miquel also be 0-1? :)

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
nq1986 informed me he's not interested in this tournament anymore,
i've invited miquel to three games: 060190, 060191, 060192 (3 times nuke)

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
looks like i will have to recruit more top players.

miquel

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
I won kows 3-0. Invitations sent to Dreadnought (60703, 60704, 60705).

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
I won 2 out of 3 vs Miquel. As NiceSRV wasn´t interested in the tournament I have sent invites to kows. As we both have 2-1 we will soon have our very first Heavy Weight Champion! Game numbers for those who want to follow the action: 061534, 061535 and 061536. Map: Mars

Btw dont think its fair changing the rules at this stage but basically I think the rules on taking the belt should include being in the right weight class when you take the belt. I also think that we could be in trouble if someone in future drops significantly in weight class and doesn´t go down in weight class. Also id like to see a medal for former holders of the belts, would be great to get all 3 of those!

PS. @ Badorties: Can you please change my name in first post, it is spelt wrong. / Dreadnought (or Dread for short.) Thx

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
gz to dread,
I hope some more people join soon so there's some more variation tbh :p
not that I've got anything against the current players

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Thanks kows for the congratulations and good games. It feels great taking the belt and I look forward to seeing it in my profile and getting those 150 points will get me very close to General so im hoping i can take the remaining 47 points quick before i loose the window of opportunity.

After re-reading the rules I figure im supposed to send the invitations and if someone ties my number of wins they may challenge me for the belt and we then play 5 games instead of 3. Hope I got that right. In any case ive now sent invitations to AAFitz, Games: 062544, 062545, 062546. Good luck AAFitz.

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Thanks kows for the congratulations and good games. It feels great taking the belt and I look forward to seeing it in my profile and getting those 150 points will get me very close to General so im hoping i can take the remaining 47 points quick before i loose the window of opportunity.

After re-reading the rules I figure im supposed to send the invitations and if someone ties my number of wins they may challenge me for the belt and we then play 5 games instead of 3. Hope I got that right. In any case ive now sent invitations to AAFitz, Games: 062544, 062545, 062546. Good luck AAFitz.

you got it right. points and badge awarded. nice work.

Blondo

Awesome Player
you got it right. points and badge awarded. nice work.

*tips hat at Dread* ... now that you got some skill in 1v1 ... you could give me a refresher course ... has been a long time since I've played them.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Ok, I won two of those games, what do I do now?

Ok, I dont know what is meant by next on list, but im inviting kows now, assuming thats who Im supposed to invite on classic massive

Last edited:

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
I accepted before checking here, but I fear you had to invite miquel...

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
ok, i just invited him... next on the list is what confused me, I saw the list with dreadnaught, and kows was next, but now I realize it meant after me...sorry about that.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
alright, assuming I win 2 of three against miquel, who do I invite after that?

Blondo

Awesome Player
I suspect Kows as u have beaten Dread first, then Miq, so Kows would be next.
Going down that list again after winning from Miq & Kows wouldn't be necessary as you'll tie Dread's record of 3 wins & can challenge him for the title (5 games).

Imho it won't take long for any of you to challenge Dread (Dreads record can be tied easily).
Still when u move down this short list again & again, it's likely that there will be no newcomers interested ... they'll have to win tons of matches before having their first shot at the title ... prolly you'll end up with the few players who joined early & you'll have a hard time to find fresh blood... idk if you have a remedy for this.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I suspect Kows as u have beaten Dread first, then Miq, so Kows would be next.
Going down that list again after winning from Miq & Kows wouldn't be necessary as you'll tie Dread's record of 3 wins & can challenge him for the title (5 games).

Imho it won't take long for any of you to challenge Dread (Dreads record can be tied easily).
Still when u move down this short list again & again, it's likely that there will be no newcomers interested ... they'll have to win tons of matches before having their first shot at the title ... prolly you'll end up with the few players who joined early & you'll have a hard time to find fresh blood... idk if you have a remedy for this.

thanks for that, and thats what I assumed, but wanted to be sure

ok, I just beat miquel in 2 out of three so will invite kows to three on a different map

Last edited:

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
won 2-1 vs AAFitz, guess I've to play a BO5 vs dread now?
does he decide map settings or is it still me?

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
If you have a point total above 3000 you can compete in this weight class. If you are currently in this weight class and your points drop below 3000, you may elect to drop to a lower class or not.

Is there a limit on how low you can drop and still compete in this weight class? Im not trying to avoid a fight and I do enjoy the games vs kows and im not afraid of losing points against him or anyone else especially not now that i got that star ive been working towards for so long, but it would be good to know how it works and if there is no limit we could possibly get many more players in this weight class if we accepted all players with a major medal regardless of current rank, the downside is that high ranking people might hesitate to play 1v1 games with players of very low current rank as the possible gain from 2 wins might not compensate the loss of points from just one game.

PS. Any chance of medals being awarded for the former holders of a belt. Im thinking a bronze medal for those who have held one belt, a silver medal for those who have held 2 belts and a gold medal for the players who have held all three belts. Thats something id like to strive for, especially now that ive made general and taken the heavy weight belt and need a new challenge.

I have now invited kows to the 5 challenger games: 065331, 065333, 065334, 065335, and 065336. Going back to Mars again as I had more luck with that map than Africa, hope the red planet is good to me once again. Good luck and have fun kows!

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
kows, you invite dread to 2 games and Dread, you invite kows to 3 games. looks like you already invited the games, so I would just play those out, unless kows object.s

Dread, there is no limit to what you can drop, but below 2500 and you might get bussed down below if you can't turn it around.

I wont do a medal for people who have held all three belts, but might do one for someone who defends it a certain number of times. THere will be a grand winner too.

Status
Not open for further replies.