• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Screwing Your Players!

DDriderBANNED

Awesome Player
Please Listen To Your Players!

On Sunday morning, just a couple days ago, I reached 3403 points. just one more win from making Colonel.

Now I am 800 points lower and have won 3 out of the last 24 games or something like that.

I have not had a single dice roll where I won two cubes. but I have lost 90% plus of my dice rolls where the opposition wins with 66 every time on the first roll. in the 12 Domains 1 v 1. I have not had a single game where I got a 3 card set while my opponents get it sometimes 3 or 4 times in the same game.

I have never once beaten a stack of 50 while losing only 10. But this has been done against me over a dozen times.

Look, I know you all like to think you know all and are all and everything but here is a shocking report for you to mull over...

You don't know all and you are not all!

There is something SERIOUSLY out of whack with your dice generator and your game server.

This is now the fifth time I came to within a win of making colonel and get knocked down sometimes all the way to sergeant.

And know what? I am not a lone.

Know what you can do?

You can stop pretending you know everything and implement some of the common sense solutions I have proposed to you in the past.

FOR EXAMPLE:

A DICE ROLL REGULATOR.
Based on a floating model which keeps track of double rolls against a player. establish a mean (uh an average) and then set a limit. An in game parameter for how many standard deviations outside the mean a player can lose.

Because when you study what is happening to so many GOOD players, it is not a coincidence. it is not blind chance. Something is seriously wrong in your program.

My own feeling is personally, I know some of you are aware of it but are overwhelmed at the enormity of debugging code that runs that deep into the program.

But seriously? Since the days my dad first came here in 2010 when I would sneak on his account and play or my brothers would until I was old enough to get my own account, either myself or my brother Jeffrey have been trying to point this out to you.

No one listens.

Do you know that several years ago when you had so many problems with lags, disappearing troops and everything else, that you had far more active players playing real time games?

I know this is true. it used to take just a few minutes in the lobby to fill up a real time game. Now in the middle of the day it can take hours!

You have players who WANT to play but want a fair playing field. Players who don't want their ranks crushed by jealous monkey butts like dudebekwool and Ivytheterrible who publicly admit that they intentionally enter games just to destroy the higher ranked players.

I can show you the chats.

That kind of thing makes this site very unpleasant for paying customers who only want to come here and have fun pitting SKILL against skill and playing on an even playing field.

You know, maybe one day you will want to make this site into a money profit center. If you do, may I seriously suggest that you at least TRY and listen to the paying customers you have right now.

Why do you think I stay here? Only a handful of admins have really been nice to me. Most see me as a bother or a brat. I know that. But seriously, why do I stay when I lose as many games to multi account players only to have you tell me that I am crazy when I say three brand new cadets attack me and only me in a game?

Why do I stay? Do you even know why?

Well, I hope you take some of the things I am saying seriously. I am the root and core of your business model. I play a lot of games, start a lot of games, spend a lot of time teaching newbies how to play or how to install flash player so they can play. I do a lot of things I never ask you for one thing.

But with this latest plague on me, I feel I am only one step away from giving you your most desired wish and just giving up on this site.

I love the maps and I love SOME of the people I have befriended. But the frustration of so many bugs and so many "coincidences" that always seems to work against me is just too much.

I am just a girl OK? I am just a single person. I have no multi accounts. I never collude, I never do things just to ruin someone elses game. I play a good solid fair game of strategic combat. And I want to do that on a level playing field.

When I am good enough to win 3400 points I should also still be good enough to not have to lose EIGHT HUNDRED of those points back in only 4 days.

I sure hope you will start listening to people who take the time to even try and tell you that something is wrong. Something is truly wrong in your game program.

Diana Banta - Intelligent Human Being!

Last edited:

DDriderBANNED

Awesome Player
because the system you have in place now is corrupted. Anyone who actually plays a large number of games knows what I am talking about. I am sorry you seem incapable of seeing the difference in what I suggest to how you attempted to categorize.

Listen, just forget it. I already knew NO ONE in management on this site will listen to the legitimate concerns of those they don't like. I don't even know why I waste my time.

How about this, look at your active client base. You boys raking in the big bucks yet?

Maybe try a different approach some day. You WILL lose more and more and more people who are having the same experiences as me. There is only so much frustration over "random coincidence" an intelligent person will put up with.

This should be the number one site on the net for RISK!

You guys should be making tens of thousands a month in profits.

Can anyone figure out why a site that has been in "BETA" for a decade is actually LOSING loyal customers?

No more need to respond. I am not going down this road with you boys again.

You don't want to consider anything from anyone else? Fine. Then let's see how many happy paying customers you have in a year.

DONE!

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I play a large number of games, and I have had my ups and downs, and I like to believe that it is anything else than my game play. Have I had times were the Dice have screwed me, yup it has happened. In fact it seems to happen more than I would like. But you know what I discovered. There are a lot of times that the dice have saved me, but I don't remember those as much as the ones that I get screwed on. It is the game, and we all play the same game, so if the random generated sucks, it sucks for everyone, but at the end of the day someone has to win. Maybe learn to play with a strategy that does not always count on having good dice, because you are not always going to have good dice. If you don't like it, then I would suggest taking your ideas and create a new website.

BallzDeep

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The human element in a dice game is the most overlooked aspect. Humans will naturally look for patterns and when you're not doing well you look for patterns in the dice to explain it. When you win you file that game and move on to the next. When you lose, it stings, and you are more likely to dwell on it looking for an excuse. Most importantly... there is not a single game on Majcom played against a computer or AI opponent. So your poor dice is someone else's great dice. More likely than not though, they aren't there to witness it (unless you're playing real time).

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
+1 to exterminate human race ;)

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
3 years playing on the site, I haven't noticed a problem. I think the wiki explains the emotional aspect of it very well which it seems some people succumb to.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
It is easy to get fixated on the dice when you see your rank going down. I have learned to except that when I am playing a lot of games. The hidden part that you don't see is the difference in point lost in games you lose when you are a higher rank than when you were at a lower rank making your way to the top. Suddenly when you are a Captain or Major, you have to win more of your games, as you don't get as many points for wins, and in most cases lose a lot more when you lose. So if you average the same amount W/L you are going drop back down.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
It is easy to get fixated on the dice when you see your rank going down. I have learned to except that when I am playing a lot of games. The hidden part that you don't see is the difference in point lost in games you lose when you are a higher rank than when you were at a lower rank making your way to the top. Suddenly when you are a Captain or Major, you have to win more of your games, as you don't get as many points for wins, and in most cases lose a lot more when you lose. So if you average the same amount W/L you are going drop back down.

Very true. Its basic logic.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I've been here for six years. I have gotten within a few points of General ranking SEVERAL times. I always fail short.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. I don't think anything is rigged. Sometimes the dice shower me with love. Sometimes the dice shit upon my face.

Basically, I decided to not take this too seriously. I decided to always have fun, no matter which way the dice roll.

I encourage you to take what joy you can from this wonderful site. And chill out.

DD, eventually you will see that all things serve the beam.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I've been here for six years. I have gotten within a few points of General ranking SEVERAL times. I always fail short.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. I don't think anything is rigged. Sometimes the dice shower me with love. Sometimes the dice shit upon my face.

Basically, I decided to not take this too seriously. I decided to always have fun, no matter which way the dice roll.

I encourage you to take what joy you can from this wonderful site. And chill out.

DD, eventually you will see that all things serve the beam.

I agree. Today I lost 2 tournament finals to miquel. Last week 2 to ndmr31, both FF though only one may have been a final. In Cards Duel tournaments. I kick ass in the first round. In the last 15 finals I'm 2-13 during that stretch I lost a 960 point tourney because 25x6, ended 1x1. Streaks are strange and I think you want the streak more in line with what we think would happen. Not such lopsided dice. In a total meaningless stalemate game I am in right now. My second to last turn I threw 9 straight pairs of dlb flame. I couldn't believe it. If I remember right 13 killed 39. I also think streaks are crazy and don't enjoy such off balance ones, but real life can be even stranger. DD, I think you bring up good points. I don't have an answer. When you say. Your just a girl. I see a very bright ambitious young woman who wants to get things done and I applaud that. BTW, there is a conspiracy, Tape should have made general by now, but I don't think he cares much about that. He is all about the game. Points, rank, they come and go. Someone recently mentioned to me that they thought nothing of my medals and that's cool too. Most are just cause I have played many games, but I'm close to getting 100 UDO on all maps. I'd like a medal for that. They are just decorative, except for the team ones. Those are some that I care about. Getting Gold in 1x1, I liked that one. I hope your desire to improve thing in life never changes. You should be proud of your game. It's very good. You will get the rank you desire if you win a big point game when your in the 3,000's and up or you will lose more points then when you win at that level. I hit General 3 times. All took a big point win during my run at the end to push me over. Weather a tournament or a 24 player. Your smart, but are you patient? #treatwomanwithrespect