• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Official Roadmap - New Server

Official

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'd like to see a turn timer for every game on main page...
And can you get rid of the stupid blue box that covers the timer now? Just move it somewhere. Two more things, need password protected games...that'll take care of awols...and Land Rush isn't fair where the flags are placed...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
(y)

The-Bishop

Awesome Player
I agree with everything suggested by Periwinkle in the previous page.

Especially the turn length in long-term games should not be limited to one hour. Let's say one has bad dice and has to replan completely their move, it's fair s/he can use all of the turn time for that.

I would like the player in turn to be a bit more visible. For example with an arrow in the 'Intel' tab indicating who is in turn.

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
With everyone asking for everything under the sun, points and rankings will never get done.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
What's the chance of getting AI into the game? Play against the computer...would be good to try different strats...

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
If someone is looking for getting AI into their games, I would suggest going to Steam Risk. One good thing about majorcommand is that it's a REAL risk site. And to continue my soapbox, I do hope the coders are not working on puzzles, prolonging the agony of waiting for the site to get up and running properly. You can find puzzles on the back wall of any Walmart.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah one thing at a time.

You can ask for whatever you want, but we're still going to work on one thing at a time.

Right now we just made some progress by dockerizing the game engine. Meaning that we are now in a position to roll out fixes and improvements as we make them.

The next thing is email notifications and points. Period. That's exactly what we're doing now.

The puzzles were my gig. I don't have any coding skills, so I actually can't help with the important stuff, but I do have enough point and click skills to do silly things like puzzles. It's absolutely not taking away from any of the important stuff Marcos or anyone else is doing. Not at all.

Now that the game engine is dockerized, I can hopefully announce some noticable improvements not too long from now. 😊

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Great to hear - looking forward to it.

-MTH

The-Bishop

Awesome Player
What's the chance of getting AI into the game? Play against the computer...would be good to try different strats...
<Personally and honestly> I don't like to play bots, so I don't feel that need. Strategies have to be tested against humans, fooling the machine is not a way to learn how to play.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
or we can all just go awol....that works too. i have a few items on my laundry list that would be beneficial and worth considering before implementing the no points thing.

here are is my list....many of these items are implemented at other sites and works very well.

Casual Games:

1. Instead of having 1 hour to complete the turn....have the remaining time left to complete the turn in a casual game. So If you have 9 hours left, you still have 9 hours left to complete the turn once you click the begin turn button ...not 1 hour. Real life sometimes just gets in the way...like that unexpected phone call you have to take, or your kid demanding your attention...etc. This way it all helps us with the better play-work-life balance :)
(Edit: also, if the site is still buggy, it will give people more time to report the bug and me to help you get it unstuck as well. Real time games operate this way...giving you the full time of 3 minutes....why not have the same for casual too?)

2. Add a time extension button....but remove the deferred troops....this works very well on another site that I am on. We have up to 2-time extensions per game. If you are on a team, your teammate can also add a time extension as well.

3. Game is automatically deleted if it doesn't start within 60 days (except those games that are automatically created by the system)

Real-Time Games:

1. After every kill, add a full time extension. For example, if you are playing a 6-player game with 3-minute turns, it is sometimes hard to run the map within 3 minutes (depending on the size of the map and the number of players). So after each kill, the time is automatically extended for another 3 minutes. This is why you can actually have an 6-player rt game with a reasonable chance of running the map without running out of time.

2. Game is automatically deleted if it doesn't start within 3 hours (except those games that are automatically created by the system)

Other Items

1. For 1v1 12D map...each player has 4 towers to start not 6...too much of a first-person advantage....I think classic evolved was a start deploy of 6 as well.

2. For fixed force...need a minimum of 2 to attack instead of 1.

and yes of course the no-points option....but since we can go awol for the same effect, let's focus on other things first? also, let's improve the graphics too...it seems to me the troops containers are a bit blurry...or maybe I need bifocals. my 2 cents :)
I'd be strongly in favor of having the remainder of our 24 hours in casual games to complete a turn after clicking begin turn. It's happened to me too many times that I try to start a turn and then my (crappy) internet goes down. If I had more than the remainder of an hour I'd have a lot better chance of being able to get back in to finish. Just the last couple of days, this happened several times, and it seriously messed up esp the team games I was playing. Thanks!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I was also thinking when the game gets stuck (which it happens occasionally), I sometimes fix it/unload it....if the person had their remaining 24h...they can still play in time. I just finished unloading/fixing a game and the player had 7 m left in their turn. Right now, points don't count but when they do count, I think many of us would like to know that someone can fix/unload the game in time especially if they are mid-turn. It would reduce the anxiety during play when we are still working out the bugs and make a more enjoyable playing experience.

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
How is the progress going, for when the scoreboard, medals and others???

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
The last finished games played are not archived, they are not reflected already archived in their corresponding tab,
It seems to be limited, it would be my great pleasure to be able to see the latest finished games, and if it is necessary to limit and remove them, may they be as backward as possible, please, thank you.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hey everyone. I hope you all had a good new year. 2023 is actually starting off pretty good for us, so I'm going to give you an unofficial mini-update.
  • Today we started wrapping up our code containerization. We probably have another 5-7 days left with that.
  • After that we will deploy it all on our new server.
  • Then we will test our new server to see if everything works as expected.
  • I'm not sure how long testing our server will take, but hopefully no more than couple more weeks to make sure there are no problems.
  • And if everything goes smoothly, then we will move to the new server, at which time you will see quite a few updates being deployed.
These updates will be mainly bug fixes and an improved UI. They will not include points, medals, or game turn notifications yet, but once we are on our new server, then everything will be MUCH EASIER!

I actually cannot emphasize than point enough. Finishing this stage where we containerize our code and deploy on the new server is a huge hurtle. It was the single biggest obstacle preventing us from putting out meaningful updates in a reasonable timeframe.

I am extremely caution of putting out good news since I've seen setback after setback for so long, but I think I can finally breathe a bit easier now that there is a light at the end of tunnel.

This doesn't mean everything now works, but it means that we can now work on fixing everything. And points, medals, and email notifications are next. (after we move to a new server)

Lets just hope that over the next couple weeks, as we finish containerizing our code and moving to a new server, we don't have any more setbacks to slow us down again.

I won't need to announce if things worked, because you will immediately see it reflected in the new UI when you login. All-in-all give it about another month before we're on the new server. So stay tuned. And I hope you all have a good start to 2023 also!

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
This is great news!!!

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Awesome

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Are you going to need some testing? Always up for testing, or breaking or whatever you need. :)