• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

RJ says yo.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
Exist in a state of vanglorious. As we are protected by the red, the black and the green. Heed the word of the brother. SISSIES!

RJ in the house. I'm here making fresh maps for this awesome site. I liked playing Risk back when I was younger - but I get bored from it now, unless I am camping with old friends, and have a stack of tanks on Kamchatka. I have a greater interest in cartography, especially the artistic kind.

I'm also an ex professional skater. I had a valtera with fresh purple trucks and skull grip tape. Well.. not prefessional. But I did listen to the Dead Kennedys and D.R.I. Also had a goose that could bunny hop the curb.

In high school I had 14 Iron Maiden posters on my walls. All the other white space covered by metal bands and horror movie posters from Fangoria and GoreZone. Played guitar in an unprofessional band in college. Just parties. Mostly dead and phish and blues traveler. You know what else we did?

The first 2 cassettes I bought in my life were New Edition and the Fat Boys. Soon after was Roxanne Shante and Whodini. uh huh... take it you suckas. Hammer came much later. I once saw the Black Sheep in concert with this killer opening act, the name escapes me....

I like ripple chips and french onion dip. I like vba macro scripting. I like coffee. I hate the rain and sunny weather. And I, I hate the beach and mountains too...boo hoo.

oh yeah... and

The Flipmode Squad is so dangerous.
Listen to RUN DMT add his magic to this classic joint.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Now I picture you like the kid in Summer School with all the metal and Fangoria posters and the weird little disembodied hand he had as an alarm clock.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Some parrallels:

My first two tapes were Whodini "Escape" and Fat Boys (forget name of tape.. it had a song called Jelly Roll on it is all I remember)

I once knew someone who opened up for The Black Sheep. Well after their prime I should note in a tiny club in Central Phoenix.

Not to hijack... just to relate with you my brethren!

EDIT: Oh and VBA scripting is a gift from Satan himself. Is there anything more terrible in the world of software?

Last edited:

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
I once opened up for The Black Sheep...

Evan, I added that line for you. I wondered if anyone would pickup on that. Sadly, I never saw black sheep in concert. But I did see MC Hammer, with some New Jack Swing bands opening for him, like Guy and Tony Toni Tone. 3-5-7 Oaktown representin!

But the rest was all true.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
First tape was...
220px-Edutainment.jpg

Why are you jocking flipmode so much. I had their album the imperial and don't remember it being that hot.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
don't be a hater. Busta had great flow, and so did his squad. Almost as good as KRS-ONE!
What ya think of that house party mashup. Sweet :)

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
im not a hater... just not a big fan. At the time i was was more into these gentlement, who just released Full Clip, which was damn good.

RIP Guru.

and yeah that house part mix was... fly.

Last edited:

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Ah my bad RJ! I was astonished by the coincidence. Now it all makes sense!
Badorties knows exactly NOTHING about Hip Hop so everyone please ignore his ignorance.

If anyone wants to hear classic Busta, look up "Sound of the Zeekers" (not his insanely talented fast-raps of his latter career years. But classic in the sense of, where it all started)

Seeing that Guru video frame above reminds me of Yo Mtv Raps, which somehow reminds me of Chi Ali. Anyone remember Chi Ali?

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
say whaaaa... everything i know about rap i learned from

093008_tigger.jpg

VictorSullivan

Awesome Player
Yeah, man. It's like I be pimpin' with my hoes and stuff. Getting jiggy with my mad swag, if you know what I says.

Ohhh yeahhh.

-Sully

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
"jiggy" What a great word. Whereas most hip hop slang, even that which is eventually commercialized, originates in some form on the streets; in the hoods. "Pimpin", "Hoes", "Mad" (as a quantitative adjective), and "Swag" are all words that were actually used in the hood before ever appearing on MTV.
However "jiggy" is just some made up rubbish that has nothing to do with the streets, hip hop, rap music, or anything at all really.
"if you know what I says" is not any form of American Hip Hop slang at all, unless it's like the Special Olympic rap battles or something along those lines.

If you're going make fun of how people talk in the hood, please do it correctly. We're not all total morons. (though unfortunately, most of us are :( )

EDIT: And don't come at me saying that "jiggy" is related to Hip Hop/Rap Music because Will Smith used it. While I love Will Smith for what he is, he stopped being an Emcee a very very long time ago... well before he got "jiggy" with anything.
It's like Taco Bell. It is yummy, but it is in no way Mexican food. Will Smith is awesome, but he has nothing to do with rap.

Yeah, man. It's like I be pimpin' with my hoes and stuff. Getting jiggy with my mad swag, if you know what I says.

Ohhh yeahhh.

-Sully

EDIT#2: My response is all meant to be taken light-heartedly.

Last edited:

VictorSullivan

Awesome Player
Evan, dear, I'm not easily offended. No need to play the buffer game, my swaggering young man.

-Swagsire

195.png

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
It's like me wearing fat laces in my pumas. Just didn't seem right. But hell I did it anyway. And I had my box to my ear playing ICE-T Wreckless. I was such a wannabe. Now I'm all business on the outside. khakis and st johns bay. ahh.. growing up and being the family dad.

anyway - hi everyone.

Nice to meet you.

Carry on.

MrBenn

Awesome Player
It's like me wearing fat laces in my pumas. Just didn't seem right. But hell I did it anyway. And I had my box to my ear playing ICE-T Wreckless. I was such a wannabe. Now I'm all business on the outside. khakis and st johns bay. ahh.. growing up and being the family dad.

anyway - hi everyone.

Nice to meet you.

Carry on.
But you're dancing on the inside, right :p

warneke

Awesome Player
I remember somehow someone giving me a pile of Ice-T concert promo-flyers when I was 12. Apparently I was the only kid in my hood who was confused about why I would want to go to that show or who he was.

I don't wear solos no more and my eyebrows aren't based on Greta Garbo but, I still have friends that don't believe me that not all clothes come from the swap meet.