• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Rethink of assassin games...

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
OK, kinda feel that if in a game, and another opponents designated target gets killed by a separate player the game should NOT be over ! The target killed is gone, but the player that was supposed to take them out can still win by defeating everybody else like a regular game. There are situations where taking out someone else's target unknowingly should not cause a loss. If you have to take a tert for a set, or a command,, this should not penalize a player. Anybody else want to discuss this ?

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I agree in principle, but that would be hard to enforce -- or even program into the game. How does the person win then who would have won any if the target is already gone?

I've seen this happen once -- I think it was a confusion of colour (which I can relate to) or maybe a new player -- can't remember the details. But it was an accident. Didn't matter, game was over. Which certainly sucks, but there isn't an easy way to avoid it.

The other scenario is when it's done as a suicide -- and that happens in other games too (albeit differently). There's not really a failsafe for someone wilfully wiping out as many armies as possible in a blaze of glory.

Or is there...?

Maybe a way to prevent that from happening in an assassin game would be to prevent *any* player but the designated assassin to be able to attack a player's last tert. I don't know, but I think that shouldn't be too hard to program in. My first thought was that if you were blocked somehow (like on the 12D map for example where there is only one way in to a domain), this would disrupt gameplay. But I realized that's irrelevant because taking out that tert would immediately stop gameplay altogether...! (i.e., the game would be over).

I'm sure this would be low on the list of changes, but there's at least a workable possible solution to fix the issue, if the appetite is there.

-MTH

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I say keep it as it is....it works this way the best. There is another website that reassigns the targets...really not a good solution at all. So I avoid playing it there. personally, I very much like it the way it is here.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
I say keep it as it is....it works this way the best. There is another website that reassigns the targets...really not a good solution at all. So I avoid playing it there. personally, I very much like it the way it is here.
Ditto

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
i also like the way it is. it forces you to pay attention to the game, not just your target. and there is a certain ironic justice in defeating yourself by taking out the wrong guy. maybe cards would like to chime in.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Yes I like it the way it is, especially as it's the only way i get to play with my old friend once at the moment! (hi once)

The risk involved does mean that new players could do with a little more warning about the format, and I'd generally only want to play with people who aren't total beginners or at least those who will listen to a word of warning at the start of the game.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
i also like the way it is. it forces you to pay attention to the game, not just your target. and there is a certain ironic justice in defeating yourself by taking out the wrong guy. maybe cards would like to chime in.
I'm SOOO going to hurt you, Once. EVERYONE remembers the ONE game from years ago where I accidentally took someone's last tert while going to get my target. (It was actually memorable, since the person who 'won' the game was awol...)

Anyway, the only change that I see needing to happen in assassin games is to bring back the team games.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
I'm SOOO going to hurt you, Once. EVERYONE remembers the ONE game from years ago where I accidentally took someone's last tert while going to get my target. (It was actually memorable, since the person who 'won' the game was awol...)

Anyway, the only change that I see needing to happen in assassin games is to bring back the team games.

;)
that you are one of the most accomplished assassins on this site also makes this memorable.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
;)
that you are one of the most accomplished assassins on this site also makes this memorable.
ONE OF????? Name me anyone else with an Onyx Medal in Assassin.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
my mistake, THE MOST ACCOMPLISHED

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby