• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

NUKES! Question on NUKES!

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
So, I've played the NUKES! map a number of times, and I've always had a nagging question.

What exactly do the Satellites (Sputnik and Explorer) actually do? I know you get a +1 IF
You hold it AND both the "Spy Agency" and " Military Intel"
on their respective side, but does it serve any other purpose? In the brief it says
Sees all region in (F)POW
(can't really tell what letter that's supposed to be), but what exactly does that mean?

Is it just a region bonus, or does it have other mystical powers I'm unaware of?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
It is for a feature that's coming, Blublank, called "fog of war", where you can't see any terts except those that you border. When that feature is implemented, the satellites will then become pretty valuable, because they will allow you to 'see' through the fog and see the entire board.

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Sweet.

Great question and great answer - I always wondered the same thing - glad you asked. Thanks.

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
That would be an interesting feature on that map, and I can definitely see the value in them. Any time frame on this implementation?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
that would be a question for Bado, blublank. I'm thinking that it is one that they really WANT to implement, but the other coding problems that are slowing down the site and the bugs that need to be fixed come first. Hopefully in the next few months, but probably not any faster than that.