• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Punishment for tournament cheaters

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Hi,

This game, first round of a tournament, has just finished:

Player A never attacked his target, allowing him to get 2 commands and a lot of regions, and in the last turn he even killed his target's target (me). In my opinion, this spoils the game and the tournament.

I'm not suggesting that the game or tourney is cancelled, as far as I know hungry or the other winners are not to blame, but I would certainly suggest a punishment for this kind of players.

I mean, people can avoid them in normal games, but in tournaments you are forced to play with them and it seems unfair that they can spoil games over and over again.

So, not only for this player (although it's the first time I see this behaviour), I would suggest a punishment. For example, one month without being allowed to enter tournaments. A punishment which would increase if the cheating is repeated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Hiya Eduardo!

I removed the names from your post, to make it more anonymous and general. The forums are not supposed to be name-calling and shaming.

I agree with you that the behaviour you describe is not very sportsmanlike, but on the other hand, it happens all the time, even to the best of players. An assassin game strategy is delaying the time for others to guess who your target is, and sometimes this results in unfair advantages for said target. But I would speak strongly against calling it cheating, as it is only a strategy gone wrong.

I will ask the person you accuse of maybe chiming in, if he wants to.

Last edited:

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Let me know if i understand:

So if in the next assassin game i play with you, you're not my target but i attack you and kill you, and congratulate the winner, you would say it's just an strategy.

By the way cardinals was not cheating in the game you mention, as i recall he said, it was a mistake.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Off.

Do you guys know Godwin's law? It says: "if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler."

I think we should have our own majcom law: there won't be a month passing by without somebody mentioning Cards' blunder.

(Sorry, Cards, we all love you. :flowers:)

On.

As an outsider, I'm curious what happened in that game, too.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Bahahahahaha!

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Let me know if i understand:

So if in the next assassin game i play with you, you're not my target but i attack you and kill you, and congratulate the winner, you would say it's just an strategy.

By the way cardinals was not cheating in the game you mention, as i recall he said, it was a mistake.

That's not what I wanted to say, no. But I know that I have waited with attacking my target in assassin games for one turn too long, and it has made my target get way too strong and I feel so bad about myself that I'm cowering in a corner hoping nobody will ever realise that I'm supposed to be the assassin of that dominant guy. It's not a good thing to do, it's not something I regularly do (neither does the player you accuse, who's actually a decent guy, even if his decisions sometimes seem a bit irrational).

What I wanted to say, is that what happened in that game is definitely not cheating, but a strategy gone wrong, probably coupled with a little absent-mindedness as the game was loading, not realising it is an assassin game etc. No need to be upset, it's only a game :)

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
That's not what I wanted to say, no. But I know that I have waited with attacking my target in assassin games for one turn too long, and it has made my target get way too strong and I feel so bad about myself that I'm cowering in a corner hoping nobody will ever realise that I'm supposed to be the assassin of that dominant guy. It's not a good thing to do, it's not something I regularly do (neither does the player you accuse, who's actually a decent guy, even if his decisions sometimes seem a bit irrational).

I can understand that, but why the hell would you kill the target of your victim after all that? What's he thinking? "My game has been so awful that I must make it TOTALLY awful" Or what?

What I wanted to say, is that what happened in that game is definitely not cheating, but a strategy gone wrong, probably coupled with a little absent-mindedness as the game was loading, not realising it is an assassin game etc. No need to be upset, it's only a game :)

I don't buy that, he deliberately ruined it and he was happy to do that as you can read in the chatter (he didn't say "OMG what have i done?"), specially for cardinals who had the chance of winning after him. I don't mind about his motivations, but I think something could be done with this kind of behaviour, hence my proposal.

As a matter of fact, it would also be nice to make impossible in assassin games to kill a different target, it's the only type of game in which you can kill yourself and it doesn't make sense.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
The culprit just messaged me in private and apologised for his actions. It was just as I thought it was, except, since he'd given up on winning himself, he thought it would be funny to take out another person's target..... I'm sure he'll be more careful in the future. some people need to make mistakes to be able to learn from them, sometimes more than once.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
He thought it would be FUNNY to take out someone elses target? Wow. What an a-hole. Not much anyone can do except for marking him dishonorable.

And thanks so much for bringing my colossal blunder back up. Why do I get the feeling that no matter how many years ago it was, you wonderful people are never going to let me forget that one.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The culprit just messaged me in private and apologised for his actions. It was just as I thought it was, except, since he'd given up on winning himself, he thought it would be funny to take out another person's target..... I'm sure he'll be more careful in the future. some people need to make mistakes to be able to learn from them, sometimes more than once.

Why would he apologize to you? You weren't one of the people he f*cked over with that dick move.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Why would he apologize to you? You weren't one of the people he f*cked over with that dick move.

Actually, I pm'ed him, asking him to comment here, but he just pm'ed me back with an apology. If you don't accept the apology, you could pm him and demand one to the right addressees. I'm just trying to tone down the conforntational tone here a bit.

And, sorry for bringing up your blunder. It is just such a perfect illustration that even the best sometimes get things wrong :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yeah, well, he intentionally ruined a tournament game and screwed over everyone else in that game, including me, so I'm not all that likely to accept some lame apology from him at this point. I tend to side with the original poster on this thread, he should be banned from tourneys for a period of time, at the very least.

I think that a conversation with Sheriff is appropriate at this point.

Last edited:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I will chip in here. The player you are discussing belongs to a clan. Members of this clan have played in assassin games and purposely go after targets of their clan so thier friends can win. This was highlighted when 1 of the individuals was bragging what he did on the others members wall. I commented on the wall stating they shouldn't do that as it is unfair and not the way assassin should be played. The comments have been deleted but im sure i took a screen shot of it. The point im making is think there is more to it and im sure if games where investigated there would be foul play found . The bragging confirms that anyway. Look on thier clan wall and you will clearly see other commemts that may support this taking into account Eduardo's rank.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The player you are discussing belongs to a clan. Members of this clan have played in assassin games and purposely go after targets of their clan so thier friends can win. This was highlighted when 1 of the individuals was bragging what he did on the others members wall. I commented on the wall stating they shouldn't do that as it is unfair and not the way assassin should be played. The comments have been deleted but im sure i took a screen shot of it. The point im making is think there is more to it and im sure if games where investigated there would be foul play found .

If investigated and confirmed I wud hope to see some banishments. "Hang them high" a famous sheriff once said

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Please dig up that screen shot and message me.....

Jethro

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I would like to see members of clans indicated in the games so we could weed out the clans of disrepute; particularly that general clan that is so pompous because they are so much better then all of the regular folks. You generals probably have tea parties that we are not invited to- I despise all generals current and past and ask that they are ALL banned from future play on this site- Can we start a petition of some sort to push this through Centcom?

I am editing this post because I want to be clear that this was not intended towards REAL Generals. Just people who score over 4,000 points on this site

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm hoping that your post was meant in jest, but I'd like to know if you want every clan that a player is a member of to display. Because, including the various CentCom clans, (and the Generals clan) I'm a member of 14 clans. The display after my name would be somewhat ridiculous, lol.

Also, since virtually every member of CentCom is a member of the Generals clan, I can imagine the "petition" being well received. :)

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
You generals probably have tea parties that we are not invited to

I haven't been invited to any tea parties yet but i don't like tea so no big deal. But I promise beer parties to everyone who has been a major commander when I reach that rank in 40 or 50 years :)

I am editing this post because I want to be clear that this was not intended towards REAL Generals. Just people who score over 4,000 points on this site

That's funny because I despise all generals except for the ones in this site :)

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
I would like to see members of clans indicated in the games so we could weed out the clans of disrepute; particularly that general clan that is so pompous because they are so much better then all of the regular folks. You generals probably have tea parties that we are not invited to- I despise all generals current and past and ask that they are ALL banned from future play on this site- Can we start a petition of some sort to push this through Centcom?

Who has been telling you about the tea parties Jethro, careful now if you carry on down this path we might have to silence you.

mwhahahahahahaahhaha (evil laugh)

Now to my actual response.

Overall, Im happy to pop off and make a super d*ck medal that we could place on the players stats page and force it to be one of his 4 shown. I have been in a few games that have been spoiled from suicidal play whether I have benefited or lost from it the outcome is always soured I think.

On the point of the clans I think thats crazy it happens and maybe there should be stricter rules for:

A Being able to set up a clan.
B Not having it closed down for cheating.

People with 2 accounts get banned and I dont see how clans teaming up (in non team games) is any different really.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, without saying too much hopefully, I have to say that punishing the entire clan for the actions of a couple of members seems overly harsh. That's not going to happen, we don't punish innocent people because they are clanmates with a guilty person.