• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Problems with BETA - List here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Now to endure thru the Beta phase :) and then on to better days :)

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Now to endure thru the Beta phase :) and then on to better days :)

I can make it through a year of coronavirus, but not sure if I can endure a month of MAJCOM BETA! :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Just got word that the system is up and running again! Marcos was able to apply a fix. woo hoo! They apologize for the disruption...they are a little busy and wanted me to send the word out. cheers! :beers:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Just got word that the system is up and running again! Marcos was able to apply a fix. woo hoo! They apologize for the disruption...they are a little busy and wanted me to send the word out. cheers! :beers:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
UPDATE - Game Freezes

WOW. So sorry guys. I was away for a few days and didn't realize the world was crashing down!! Such bad timing. I should have been more on top of things. So sorry!

Anyway, like peri just posted above, Marcos temporarily fixed the problem (for now). So all the games should work again.

He also said:

I have already identified the problem and devised a solution
Just need to find the correct commit, implement the solution, test and deploy
Marcos.

Which basically means that he just needs to test the permanent fix, and then this issue should not happen again once he manages to deploy it.

After that, we have also prioritized identifying and fixing the "refresh issue". Where players need to refresh the screens periodically to take a turn.

Both those things are in the immediate future.

After that, we are gong to look for some help to speed up production. Marcos has agreed that finding a few more programmers is what is needed to get this working, and stop dragging it out for so long. So after the two immediate issues listed above, we will be looking for more help.

That's where we're at!

I wish I could buy everyone a coffee or a beer. Or pay for their meal, but unfortunately this is not a restaurant where you can just make things right with the customer on the spot. So all I can offer is what we have for free, for as long as we can. And hopefully these immediately issue will be fixed asap, and then the next couple months will bring new help and a sped up development.

Thanks!

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
It's now up and running and running very smoothly. Thanks

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
WOW. So sorry guys. I was away for a few days and didn't realize the world was crashing down!! Such bad timing. I should have been more on top of things. So sorry!

Anyway, like peri just posted above, Marcos temporarily fixed the problem (for now). So all the games should work again.

He also said:

Which basically means that he just needs to test the permanent fix, and then this issue should not happen again once he manages to deploy it.

After that, we have also prioritized identifying and fixing the "refresh issue". Where players need to refresh the screens periodically to take a turn.

Both those things are in the immediate future.

After that, we are gong to look for some help to speed up production. Marcos has agreed that finding a few more programmers is what is needed to get this working, and stop dragging it out for so long. So after the two immediate issues listed above, we will be looking for more help.

That's where we're at!

I wish I could buy everyone a coffee or a beer. Or pay for their meal, but unfortunately this is not a restaurant where you can just make things right with the customer on the spot. So all I can offer is what we have for free, for as long as we can. And hopefully these immediately issue will be fixed asap, and then the next couple months will bring new help and a sped up development.

Thanks!

Thanks to you both for moving these issues forward.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Good work getting the game working somewhat...I'm sure it's a royal pain. Most important thing now is showing us a turn timer. You have to literally join the game then wait bor the blue banner to disappear before you know how much time is left...This is a crucial fix, nobody likes to miss turns...I have 33 turns and have no idea which one is about to end...Thanks guys...I know it'll get there.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I struggled to find this thread. Can you please have one beta thread and place it at the top for everyone to see and participate in. No one really cares about anything else at the moment. Everyone is losing thier patience particularly with a few days of outage and no info.

I'm holding on to a thead on this site at the moment.

StudioCity

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
So what happened to Barbarossa?....I really liked that Map.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
So what happened to Barbarossa?....I really liked that Map.
yes, Barbarossa is missing from both casual and rt game creation menu...the map is not there.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I'll ask again, can this thread be pinned so people can find it please!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
it's already been pinned. you can click on "watch" button...top right corner. that way you won't miss any new posts i think...

there's also a latest posts section too.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
So, I've tried to play, after many years... The game is bad right now, the chat seems to be unavailable, when I want to reinforce my troops the turn is automatically ending after I finish my assaults and I didn't find the truce option. The game is great, I see many players wanting to play (which was hard to find when I was playing some years ago) so if the engine would work better, it would be great. But right now I find it impossible to play. Not to mention that when I join the game I can't see where I joined and if I exit a game I can't find it to get back in.

i found this post i thought i should bring more attention to it....i would agree ....especially for rt games....once you join...it disappears...unless you know to go the awaiting list...most new players can't figure it out...it's NOT intuitive. Here are some ideas to fix this:

1. Perhaps once you join an rt game it should take you directly to the game?

2. Instead of a Leave button....it should say View (like the original) then if you want to drop out...then the drop/leave button is only seen when you are in the game where the Begin Turn button was (just like the original too)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm really depressed about the game play. I was under the impression that with HTML5, getting rid of flash, that we'd get rid of all the glitches, all the lags. But it's worse now than it's been in years.

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Hey all,

I have kept pretty quiet about the changes. I have played on this site for 10 years and loved every second. That is until now. I appreciate that the changes are needed and also understand it is very complicated. But it is so hard to play. The maps are all blurred. I just don't like it.

I do not want to give up on the site at all but I have been playing a lot on BGA - lots of different games to play but nothing like the same community spirit that this site has generated.

I hope that these issues can be resolved as I want to reach 150 tournament wins.

Keep up the good work, good luck and keep the faith.....

waldegrave

Awesome Player
Site went down a few minutes ago. It's back now but my beta games no longer appear.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Site went down a few minutes ago. It's back now but my beta games no longer appear.
me too.....they must be doing an update...stay tuned....i'm sure sheriff and/or marcos will tell us when they are ready

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Sorry. There was a hard drive failure and a disk needed to be replaced. Usually I post a notice when this happens, but it was the middle of the night for me, and Marcos just went ahead and rebooted they server without telling the players first. We have everything mirrored on several drives, so nothing is ever lost when a hard drive crashes. And the site actually keeps working without issue. But it's just when the drive is physically replaced does the server needs to be restarted, and that's when the site goes down for a couple minutes. Sorry, you all should have been warned.

Last edited:

Hodja

Awesome Player
I just played my first game on the beta since returning. I like what I see for the most part.
I played a real time game on 12 domains, it's really annoying that you have to refresh your page in a real time game to see the chat.
Thanks to periwinkle who send me a message directly to my inbox I figured out I had to refresh the page for chat, at first I thought it was just bugged.
Also starting with 6 castle's was something I didnt expect, from what periwinkle told me this isn't intented but I thought it was pretty fun for a 1vs1, maybe a cool extra option for the map when you play 1 vs 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.