• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Problems with BETA - List here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich813

Awesome Player
seeing the same issue here. Mostly not loading anything at all. occasionally will load the map, but doesn't allow play.

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
same

Necrees

Awesome Player
same. Last couple of days when it happened refresh would help, but today it's just unplayable!

USAPhoenix

Awesome Player
Game - https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/2201
a description of the issue (eg, troops not showing, map not loading, etc)
* Originally, I was able to deploy my troops. But when I tried to deploy to a second location, it would not let me. Refreshed page several times as well as closed and opened the browser again. NO chanegs.
which devices did you try (eg, PC, Tablet, iPad, Mac, etc)
PC
which version of windows / apple OS / android are you using?
Windows 10 Pro
please list all the browsers you have tried - Chrome
have you tried clearing you cache? (yes/no) No
have you signed in and out? (yes/no) No
any error messages in your console? (press CTRL+Shift+I at the same time) No Errors
any other information you think might help...

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
In this game for about 50 minutes of my hour turn the beta interphase was going slow or not working at all. https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/1632 Sometimes the map would not load and other times I could not do the next part of my turn. I tried refreshing several times, logging in and out of MC, clearing my cache, trying firefox browser and google chrome. I even tried restarting my macbook pro a couple times. I got some of my turn done but not all.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Ditto.

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

ckm

Awesome Player
Yeah, a little bit of communication would be nice to! That way we would know if we need to keep refreshing to try and get turns done that are close to time, where they are on the issue, etc. So far all that has been communicated that I can see is from early this morning saying they had an issue ad then nothing since!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Since games are not loading, all games should be put on pause to stop the timers! or add more time so no turns gets skipped!

Fortunately these games do not count for points...no point in trying to spend time and code the game engine so we can take missed turns because they are frozen for the past 36 hours. I have a few games that I couldn't take my turn too....but let them unfreeze the game engine first then continue making the site better and not worry about making existing hiccups fair...like rewinding/reseting/extending the clock. These games don't have points involved. Think of ourselves as beta/map testers....time to focus and put time towards the goal of getting this site running again...at least that's my opinion.

ckm

Awesome Player
Points dont count? Why does it say what points you gained/lost at the end of the game then? I didnt realize that these didnt count?

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Fortunately these games do not count for points...no point in trying to spend time and code the game engine so we can take missed turns because they are frozen for the past 36 hours. I have a few games that I couldn't take my turn too....but let them unfreeze the game engine first then continue making the site better and not worry about making existing hiccups fair...like rewinding/reseting/extending the clock. These games don't have points involved. Think of ourselves as beta/map testers....time to focus and put time towards the goal of getting this site running again...at least that's my opinion.

Ok, I gt that, when the problems will be resolved, will on-going game still be consider testers?

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Did already one reported that the games re not loading? It's my turn but I can't select Begin Turn (in case the game after several retries is loaded)

Will the time take this in consideration? It is an interesting teamgame that I really would like to continue! (board #719 if I'm right)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Well it's been a blast but I won't be playing any more.

Oh, JC - I've heard that before from you. You will eventually come back, when the new game engine is fixed and the games are running smoothly :)

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter

Up to certain level you are right (of course) Peri, but I usually are only beta tester on sites where I don't pay for the services on the site!
That annoys me in fact. Yes I most probably will stay and yes if somewhere in coming 2-3 months the site is working again as it should I will restart my subscription, but hey it was not until 2020 that whole world knew that Flash was going to be removed!

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Up to certain level you are right (of course) Peri, but I usually are only beta tester on sites where I don't pay for the services on the site!
That annoys me in fact. Yes I most probably will stay and yes if somewhere in coming 2-3 months the site is working again as it should I will restart my subscription, but hey it was not until 2020 that whole world knew that Flash was going to be removed!

FYI they did say all subscriptions are on hold... so the clock isn't running on your subscription right now.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
FYI they did say all subscriptions are on hold... so the clock isn't running on your subscription right now.

I know, but the subscription period isn't the real reason of me feeling annoyed.
It's about timing and lately about communication.
Even today I don't get any reply on the site when I try to reload a game that there is som issue. I have to search on the forum. (Good that the forum will be renewed soon by the way!)

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
UPDATE

Hi. As some of you have noticed, we're having some problems with the beta games. We're currently experiencing an issue that leads to frequent restarts in the service. We're working towards narrowing down the issue and we'll post an update as soon as a fix is deployed.​

Marcos.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve84

Awesome Player
Anyone else have this issue. I playing my turns this morning and suddenly none of the maps will load for any of my games! all that loads is blank area where map should be and the timer/status bar is empty as well.

Same issue, it's annoying and i'm losing all matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.