• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Problems with BETA - List here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edman6

Awesome Player
The Canadian Club
In the flash version, I see that there are still no provisions for signed diplos. That's a problem. I hope the games still don't affect our score.
Ed

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The "Record" tab does not display the amount of troops originally awarded for the turn, nor any auto-deployed bonuses awarded.

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Hi

On the filter there is a minimum slots available filter. Why is there no option to choose "1"

Also, I cannot seem to find any players playing using the search for player filter.

For example, I looked for brianstheman as he must surely be playing a game but i find no record of him.

Not sure if I am not using it correctly or whether there is a genuine issue

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Hi

On the filter there is a minimum slots available filter. Why is there no option to choose "1"

Also, I cannot seem to find any players playing using the search for player filter.

For example, I looked for brianstheman as he must surely be playing a game but i find no record of him.

Not sure if I am not using it correctly or whether there is a genuine issue

Am in a few. Yeah, looks like searching by player doesn't quite function as intended currently

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
In this game I hit the 'Begin Turn' button, but it still showed "It is your turn" and wouldn't let me deploy troops, BUT, in the Record it shows that my turn started (see below). The timer was still counting down from 24 hours rather than 60 mins, but after 60 mins my turn ended. All of my other games are working fine other than this one.

https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/1334

MgocDER.jpg

Last edited:

SJ999

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Hello; I had completed an attack and it appeared that the zero troop error occurred when advancing All so I refreshed my browser (Chrome). Now I find that no maps will load in any of the Beta games I am in. I can not complete my turn. I can see the Intel/Chatter/Record/Brief tabs but no info shows in any of them. I logged out of MajCom and then back in to no avail. Up until now these had been playing perfectly for me with super fast loading. Thanks and keep up the good work!

SJ999

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Disregard my previous post. Looks like it worked itself out somehow. Thanks

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
This chatter error occurs only in real-time when I'm playing and chatting ....or when I'm in a team game with my teamie clark....and we are both online at the same time trying to chat and take our turns together.

The messages do not go through and I have to constantly refresh the page so that I can read the chat so it can unfreeze the chat. playing in RT doesn't freeze tho...only the chat messages do not go through...but at least I know there was a message because of this error that pops up...then I know to refresh the page.

does that make sense?

4jw0EAn.jpg

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
The "Record" tab does not display the amount of troops originally awarded for the turn, nor any auto-deployed bonuses awarded.
Yup..autodeploys missing in the record in the 12D map and nukes.

Gvogel

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Work around for the chat is to refresh when you are ready to type and You can check if it is active by hovering your cursor over the send button. It will show not available but only if you have a letter in the box.

I have experienced the freeze as well during turns and on the begin turn if I have checked anything else on the game before starting a turn. refresh has handled it so far.

refresh seems to work if you are unable to change Icons when viewing active games

Find many games have duplicate colors/icons for players and neutral but not consistently.

Using Chrome on Chromebook.

Great work on getting what is in place so far.

Thanx

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Work around for the chat is to refresh when you are ready to type and You can check if it is active by hovering your cursor over the send button. It will show not available but only if you have a letter in the box.

I have experienced the freeze as well during turns and on the begin turn if I have checked anything else on the game before starting a turn. refresh has handled it so far.

refresh seems to work if you are unable to change Icons when viewing active games

thanks for the workaround suggestion...however it doesn't work that well when you are in a team game and your teammates are online with you and you are doing a turn together....fortunately the refresh is fast...but still an inconvenience...i guess me and my teammates have to come up with a different way of planning a turn instead of going with the flow....

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Well done Folks getting rid of Flash!
I'm running Chrome browser on a Windows 10 PC (no other device).
When I click on a game showing it's my turn, if I do not 'fairly quickly' click on 'Begin turn' when the screen has finished painting, the 'begin turn' button seems to become ineffective (even though it still shows me the finger when I hover the mouse over it). I need to refresh the screen to get things moving again. (I had this problem ages ago when trying out Beta.)
My other 2 Beta issues don't really qualify as problems: 1) I don't get any visual cue that I have turns ready (the number has stopped appearing on the 'Beta games' tab) so I have to keep refreshing the screen every now and again when I walk past the PC to see if any games have turned yellow. 2) I have real difficulty seeing the number of troops on a territory - very indistinct. (My screen is about 18 inches on the diagonal and something like 1900x1000 resolution.)
Cheers, Ath

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I'm probably doing a lot of complaining lately....but I do want to take the opportunity to thank the developers at MC. It is a huge undertaking to try to recode an existing robust game engine. I'm sure it requires different thought processes and solutions because of the different capabilities of html5 compared to flash. Thanks and keep going! You will get there eventually! "Rome wasn't built in a day". :beers:

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
One more thing that needs fixing: When bombarding a territory, the 'attack'-pop-up should automatically disappear once the territory is down to one neutral. Otherwise, one might be led to believe that there's more attacking to be done, which can result in stupid losses.

ckm

Awesome Player
Anyone else have this issue. I playing my turns this morning and suddenly none of the maps will load for any of my games! all that loads is blank area where map should be and the timer/status bar is empty as well.

ckm

Awesome Player
I do not ever receive a turn notification. Also I notice in my account in the top right it always says Turns: 0, even when it is my turn on several games.

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Last edited:

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
With the old engine, when in Active Games and clicking on a map, one could see how much time is left on the present turn to be taken. I know you are busy with all - but could you please put it on your list to do because that was very useful.
Thank you and "courage" as the French say. Your work is greatly appreciated :))

Status
Not open for further replies.