• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Problems with BETA - List here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I'm probably doing a lot of complaining lately....but I do want to take the opportunity to thank the developers at MC. It is a huge undertaking to try to recode an existing robust game engine. I'm sure it requires different thought processes and solutions because of the different capabilities of html5 compared to flash. Thanks and keep going! You will get there eventually! "Rome wasn't built in a day". :beers:

Let's hope it won't take the years it took for Rome in days, preferably not even in hours ;)

reenoo

Awesome Player
I'm playing a 4 player classic massive game. which i haven't seen a number for (are games no longer numbered?) and 2 of the players have the same color (blue) and border (green). I had the same color as them but changed my color to blue star. I've seen this same issue in other games i've played. I'm playing in microsoft edge browser. also sometimes when i click on a game that i'm up in, i can't do anything so i have to leave the game and come back in then i can make my move

HarlanPal

Awesome Player
Hi Everyone,

Just won my first Beta game :)
But my points for the victory have not added on my profile yet, probably just a time lag but does anyone know how long that takes to take effect?

The Beta game overall worked really well, had to change browsers once or twice for reinforcement selecting to work or to sync up with the game but overall the experience was smoother and quicker than with flash, really good job on the transition.

Thanks!

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
But my points for the victory have not added on my profile yet, probably just a time lag but does anyone know how long that takes to take effect?

- While BETA is now available to everyone, your scores will remain unaffected regardless if you win or lose any of the BETA games. So maybe now is the time to practice and try out some new maps and strategies you've been thinking of, but were always hesitant to try.
- NewSheriffInTown, https://www.majorcommand.com/forums/threads/10124-UPDATE-Dec-28-2020

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
4jw0EAn.jpg

ok....i got more information on when this error occurs. it only occurs when two or more players try to chat at the same time. i would be typing in the text and clark my teammate would also be typing. when he sends his message...the error pops up on my screen and i CAN NOT see his chat message until i have refresh the page...same with clark. so we need to constantly refresh the page in order to chat in real time. now i realize most teammates probably chat asynchronously ....you still need this chat function to work in real time too (which i also notice it doesnt work there either). And it's nice to be able to run the board with your teammates along for the ride....i had good memories of my teammate engel running a classic massive game while me and th-c chatting in support. I hope this little detail about the chat issue helps and I hope you can fix it.

Last edited:

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
it only occurs when two or more players try to chat at the same time.

I am not sure if that's the case. I have seen it at least twice where it was 1v1, we were both actively in the map and taking turns - as I'm playing my turn I see the error pop up - so it seemed the other player was trying to send me a message and failing. I definitely was not typing in chat at the same time.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I am not sure if that's the case. I have seen it at least twice where it was 1v1, we were both actively in the map and taking turns - as I'm playing my turn I see the error pop up - so it seemed the other player was trying to send me a message and failing. I definitely was not typing in chat at the same time.

Oh ....yes...I should rephrase that...the error pops up when 2 or more players are actively on and when 1 player chats...the other doesn't receive the message but gets this error message...it is fleeting, the red banner error message...lasts for a second. Then I figured out that the other person is trying to talk to me and I need to refresh the page to see it. Once I refresh the page...then the chat is updated with the correct time stamps. ...again...annoying and I shouldn't need to do this. Thanks for all your hard work so far! :beers:

waldegrave

Awesome Player
Hi, as far as I know the turn notifications have yet to switch over to the Beta games.

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Hi, as far as I know the turn notifications have yet to switch over to the Beta games.
You are correct! I actually had a turn pending when the old game engine was frozen, so I perpetually show 1 turn even though I may have 0 or may have 20 :)

Once they get closer to cutting the BETA engine over to production we should see those kinks work themselves out!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/1399

Only allowed me to do 1 reinf...not 3

Android chrome also windows chrome

Edit: I checked back just after the hour and the reinf was done....weird...

Last edited:

Erich813

Awesome Player
HI,

I've won a few games recently but my rank score hasn't increased at all. I've tried logging out and back in, I'm a paying member. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

ckm

Awesome Player
I guess I dont get notification from forum replies either lol.
ah ok, i did not realize that beta was not completely live. Thanks for the info!...
I hadnt played a game since 2016, loving the new upgrades so I can play my turn from my phone. Still not the most mobile friendly but is useable...

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
I hadnt played a game since 2016, loving the new upgrades so I can play my turn from my phone. Still not the most mobile friendly but is useable...

Same here, I came back as soon as I saw that Beta is now officially in use and playable on mobile devices. Looking forward to renew my subscription when points & tournaments go back live.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I just noticed one more thing: the player wose turn it is is underlined in the opening screen/lobby, but that isn't very helpful, since the players ar not in the order of play but randomly listed....

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Not sure if this is a bug but the maps are much smaller and harder to read than before. It certainly makes playing more uncomfortable.

This is the same if I use my laptop or extend to a bigger moniter. I have to big wasted lines of brown down the side (like in periwinkle's pic in post #81)

Certainly not easy to play as the old version

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Fix the troop number font, especially in the Twelve Domains map, please! My eyesight is going bad trying to determine if I'm reading a 3, 5, 7, 2 ... you get the meaning.

The only other item is that the map is still freezing up, but a refresh clears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.