• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Problems with BETA - List here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
whath about the tourney medala?

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem (actually, more of an annoyance than a problem) but if I don't do something within about 30 seconds, the game freezes and I have to refresh my browser. For example, when I am deploying, if I stop to consider where I'm going to deploy my new troops, I end up having to refresh the browser, sometimes more than once. It's particularly annoying when I am drafting a message to a teammate on the Chatter page, because if it's longer than just a few words, by the time I finish composing and hit Send, it just disappears into the ether and I have to refresh the browser and start all over again. I've learn the hard way to copy what I've composed before hitting Send. Then all I have to do is paste it back onto the Chatter page after I refresh the browser and hit Send. I use Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

(BTW, I love that the dice rolling now is screaming fast, even when you Blitz. No more holding my breath to see how many troops I've lost; it's finish in a blink of the eye.)

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
if I don't do something within about 30 seconds, the game freezes and I have to refresh my browser. For example, when I am deploying, if I stop to consider where I'm going to deploy my new troops, I end up having to refresh the browser, sometimes more than once. It's particularly annoying when I am drafting a message to a teammate on the Chatter page, because if it's longer than just a few words, by the time I finish composing and hit Send, it just disappears into the ether and I have to refresh the browser and start all over again.

I tested and have the same issue. I am using Chromium Edge.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns

metsfan

Awesome Player
Scoreboard is not being updated when you win/lose games ...

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Scoreboard is not being updated when you win/lose games ...

The beta games are currently not connected to the scoreboard. They're working on getting everything else connected now. In the meantime, play some games just for 'fun', try out some maps you might not have played before.

onesimus17

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
How do you send game invites? I am using firefox.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
How do you send game invites? I am using firefox.

You can't directly invite others yet.

For now....you can join a game then go to the awaiting tab and you will see the game that you joined. Click on the map and it will show the players that are waiting for the game to start. See that little square with the arrow under the Leave button? Click it and it will bring you to the actual game. Now you can copy the web address and compose a message and paste the web address in the message to invite your friends. This is what you can do for now until they add the invite players feature.

AKsdx1Q.jpg

H-Barca

Awesome Player
Generals
Old Soldiers Club
Hey Sheriff, are we able to play at this point? I cannot open anything...

Smaryll

Awesome Player
Unsure if this is the Forum for posting this as I can see that you have a multitude of posts to respond to but, notwithstanding the small issues people have noted, I think the Beta version looks incredible and performs fantastically well - thanks for all of your hard work on this. I know from experience that it's only in production that the smallest issues can be identified and addressed so you've done a wonderful job in rolling this out across multiple platforms. Fantastic work 👏

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Same here and I use Chrome

Thanks for the good job!

I also have the problem that beta-games occationally turn unresponsive. I can move the arrow, high-light terts on hover, but I cannot deploy, attack etc. I have to reload the page to be able to continue.
This has not happened while I am attacking, but seem to happen often while I dont interact with the game for a couple of minuites. Typically while I study the map or write a longer chat. I use Firefox on Mac Os. The browser consol does not report an error as this happens. It lists the same as when a game work normally.

Other:
There should be 2-4 neutral castles in 12-Domains 1v1

The sound on start-of-turn should be possible to turn off. (The only need I can see for it is in real-time games.)

The blue «It’s your turn» pop-up is unnecessary to show after entering a game. By then I already know it is my turn (or it is real easy to see). The banner is also a bit annoying since it covers the information about round # and time left.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Hey Sheriff, are we able to play at this point? I cannot open anything...

you can not open your "old" flash games. they have been frozen/suspended until they can integrate them into the new beta engine.

for now....you can create and join new games and try out some new maps. i noticed that you haven't been on the nukes map....wanna 1v1 with me? i can coach you through it? show you how to arm and disarm the nuke? lemme know.

below is a pic on how to start or join the game....just hover your mouse over the pic and you will see the buttons to click on. cheers!

K5xQBAg.jpg

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
I liked the old "join a game" as one could look for a specific game number. Getting an invite to a game - without the link - but only the game number, makes it quasi impossible now to find it as the game numbers are not shown. Any way to add the game numbers (at some point)?
Thank you

Last edited:

MrTotoro1

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
If you are having problems with the BETA games, please list here.

Please post as much of the following information as you can.

1. a description of the issue (eg, troops not showing, map not loading, etc)
  2. which devices did you try (eg, PC, Tablet, iPad, Mac, etc)
  3. which version of windows / apple OS / android are you using?
  4. please list all the browsers you have tried
  5. have you tried clearing you cache? (yes/no)
  6. have you signed in and out? (yes/no)
  7. any error messages in your console? (press CTRL+Shift+I at the same time)
  8. any other information you think might help...

Thank you!

EDIT: it works now in Firefox at least.

Hi happy ne year,
1. I have to take my turn in this game (https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/1189) but I cannot see any troops, just the map.
2. Macbook Pro
3. iOS 10.11.6
4. Firefox, Safari
5. no, because cache cannot be cleaned for just a single website and I didn't wanna lose that data for the other websites I use. BUT I tried logging in in an incognito window but the issue was still there.
6. yes, tried signing in and out.
7. that key combination didn't work on map.

Hope you can help me, I have 24h to take my turn! Thanks.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I liked the old "join a game" as one could look for a specific game number. Getting an invite to a game - without the link - but only the game number, makes it quasi impossible now to find it as the game numbers are not shown. Any way to add the game numbers (at some point)?
Thank you

:dito: yup...adding the game number would be great!

also the Find a game link is not loading (on the beta games page).... this is what i get....both on PC windows chrome/edge and android chrome....but it works if you click on join a game first then click on more filters.

G6mqMBJ.jpg

norbs

Awesome Player
On mobile, Android and iOS, why is it not possible to zoom or move around the map? This is a fundamental piece of functionality.

MitchellS

Awesome Player
Begin Turn button doesn't appear to do anything recently

Hi, Am playing in https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/1076. It's my turn.

The Begin Turn button was displayed but didn't start my turn when I clicked it. Still said Begin Turn. Clock was still at ~18 hours. Message wasn't prompting me to deploy my troops.

I have tried Edge 87, Chrome 87, and Firefox 84 in that order.

Sometimes the button highlights when I click it. Sometimes it doesn't.

Refreshing the page didn't help but signing out and back in did (with Edge.) When I came back in 20 minutes had passed on my turn so presumably one of the earlier clicks started my turn but the button and message weren't updated.

I am on a stock HP PC running Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a reasonably fast processor: i5-9400T @ 1.8 GHz with 16 Gb of memory and many Gb of free disk.

No error messages show. Did not check the console.

Will show the console on my next turn.
Will also try clearing my cache.

Thanks, Mitchell

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
On mobile, Android and iOS, why is it not possible to zoom or move around the map? This is a fundamental piece of functionality.

I think it's how it's coded....it seems like the entire map or square is coded differently. Perhaps they can eventually code just the terts....like leave the ocean areas out on the classic evolved map (im not a programmer so I don't know if it's possible).

So what to do? When I do zoom in or scroll...I just make sure that I have the wood paneling or the beige border showing so I can move around that way. I agree it needs to be fixed....other sites managed that work around.

Firestorm

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Have been playing fine all along but cannot finish my turn in a twelve domains game - click the "End Assault" button and nothing happens. Am on a notebook using Chrome. Tried Edge and it would not even load. Rebooted computer and still won't work. time running out. Can't find the game number or I would report it here. Overall like the new version much better (once the bugs are out it will be great!)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Have been playing fine all along but cannot finish my turn in a twelve domains game - click the "End Assault" button and nothing happens. Am on a notebook using Chrome. Tried Edge and it would not even load. Rebooted computer and still won't work. time running out. Can't find the game number or I would report it here. Overall like the new version much better (once the bugs are out it will be great!)

i also notice that it freezes like that sometimes...i find if i go to a different website and come back it fixes it when the refresh doesn't. not sure why. i'm on android chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.