• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Problems with BETA - List here

Status
Not open for further replies.

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter

CryptoJim

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Same for me its just blank as soon as you click the tab

KowBoy

Awesome Player
It is my turn in Game: 539867 and I can't access it. Are all games now dead that Beta has been enabled? I've even clicked to the link in my profile and it automatically loads "no active games" on the beta screen.

palmono

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Hi.

I started my turn but can't place my armies. Tried with adding them one by one, all together, in different terrs, but didn't work.
That was using a macbook pro + Chrome. Then moved to Brave and worked.

https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/1061

Palmono

metsfan

Awesome Player
Folders come up but under Beta folder there are no games listed to join, just a blank screen. I can access all of my tabs (Scoreboard,Forums,Help etc)

KowBoy

Awesome Player
OK guess I paid closer attention to the msg that came out before the EOY and stated all active games would be SOL. Nevermind on my 'problem' I guess. That transition point wasn't obvious...but if scores aren't affected I guess I'm not concerned. Just wondering why my rank dropped when moved to beta if no active game changes have been made.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
OK, I'm on Edge and it seems to be running fine - not a problem really, just a question: in the create game screen you appear to have dropped the "invite friends" feature. Will this return, 'cause I'm really gonna miss it. Also in the Join Game page there's no indication of the average rank of players so far signed up to the game, another feature I'm going to miss.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The first two turns in our BETA game didn't send email notifications that it was someone's turn. Not sure if there's a different setting we need to put on? Not in my spam folder either. I am still getting notifications for regular turns. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Beta games tab not giving an indication of an active turn. You guys are doing great BTW - I know this is a heavy lift.

Thanks. We will try to implement turn notifications as soon as possible. It's on top of the list.

I do see that and Ive clicked on it twice but all it does is pull up a blank screen
Same for me its just blank as soon as you click the tab
Folders come up but under Beta folder there are no games listed to join, just a blank screen. I can access all of my tabs (Scoreboard,Forums,Help etc)

We need more details. Which browser? Which OS?

Internet Explorer does not work. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.

I get blocked when joining games sometimes. Originally thought it was Fixed and 24 but was able to join some of those. Today it is any game. Joined one and then blocked on another. Only have about 10 on the go. Also often have to reload page to take a turn or end turn.

Thanks, can you be more specific. What do you mean by "blocked"? And can you describe the sequence of events from when you finish a turn to when you have to reload the page? Thanks.

The old version showed the turns in order of when they were due while the new one doesn't. Makes it awkward to deal with the most urgent first if you have a few games due..

Thanks, we will put it on the to-do list.

Won't let me join a casual game.

We need more details. Which browser? Which OS?

Not a problem, but a question. In team assassin, do we still only need to kill one opponent?

No, things have changed. In Team Assassin, you need to kill all the targets for your team.

In 12 Domains (and likely other large maps) the #s on the regions get cut off slightly, making them hard to read.

What is the "#s". Do you mean the Troop numbers don't fit in the circles?

https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/993
I can't change the colors of the other players. I can click on it and get all the options, but when I select the color doesn't change. I did not have this issue with the last beta experiment 6 months ago. I'm using Chrome.

Is it just that game, or for all the games?

The font used for troop numbers within the map is almost grayish. Can it be darkened?

Which map?

Most games I can't join. When I click "join" it's as if a shadow covers most of the MC screen and then I can't do anything. I use a laptop, Windows, Chrome.

Can you take a screen shot and post it so we can take a look? Thanks.

Jan 1 - It looks like the old games have been disabled. I received notification that it's my turn in two games, but its not my turn in any games in the beta system. So these must be the old games in flash. I hope those two turn notifications don't sit there for months.
I cannot access my active games. Its just beta page of starting new ones (casual/real time). When i click on my account, it shows my active games, but when i click on any of them, it just takes me to beta home. i tried on safari, google chrome and firefox and its the same issue. any tips appreciated. thanks
I can't access my games at all. I have pending turns that are apparent from my inbox. None of my games are showing up. I have logged off and back in. I use Google Chrome.

The old games are no longer available to play. Only the new Beta games are available. We will try to remove notifications for old games.

Please see this : https://www.majorcommand.com/forums/threads/10134-UPDATE-Jan-02-2021

I started my turn but can't place my armies. Tried with adding them one by one, all together, in different terrs, but didn't work. That was using a macbook pro + Chrome. Then moved to Brave and worked.

So you are saying you had problems with macbook pro + chrome, but using Brave solved the issue?

Just wondering why my rank dropped when moved to beta if no active game changes have been made.

A game could have ended just before the switch happened, And/Or you may have been in Master of the Maps Tournament? Or something like that. Were you in that Tournament? Because players had their points adjusted yesterday if they were a part of it.

OK, I'm on Edge and it seems to be running fine - not a problem really, just a question: in the create game screen you appear to have dropped the "invite friends" feature. Will this return, 'cause I'm really gonna miss it. Also in the Join Game page there's no indication of the average rank of players so far signed up to the game, another feature I'm going to miss.

Features will be added over time. Very little if anything was actually removed. But the two you mentioned should be added in the future.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
If anybody has a tip on which browser to use on Android, I'd be grateful. They all work, but scrolling doesn't work inside the map image - only in the frame. Is there a workaround?

And 2. for many maps, the thumbnail image changes to Classic Mini once you join the game, even if it is originally another map.

3. If the archived games are in an order already, then please reverse that order, so the game that finished last is on top of the list, not on the bottom.

Last edited:

Derswick

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
The Borg
The Canadian Club
So can we not finish Flash games?

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
So can we not finish Flash games?

Sheriff posted an update in another thread stating you can't finish them right now, but they hope to unfreeze them in the future...

Today we stopped the engine that controls the old flash games, and created a backup of the database at that very moment, essentially freezing all flash games in time.... The hope is to revive them at some point in the future.

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I'll echo what IronDuke said and say thanks for all the work you're putting into this. It's appreciated.

A couple other notes that aren't huge things that are probably on your list.

1. When I log on, my individual beta game will show it's my turn, however, in the top corner for turns and inbox, it doesn't register that I have turns. It just says zero even if I have turns.

2. When I'm starting a game, I can't invite anyone. Hope that feature returns at some point.

I'm on Windows 10 and a PC laptop using Firefox. and Chrome.

But actual game play and functionality have been great. Huge upgrade over flash.

Thanks again for all you do.

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Sorry, saw in an earlier post you will try to return the invite friends feature to joining games.

Did want to ask...is diplomacy in game a feature that will return?

I'm in a 5-player game in Australia, Windows 10, PC, Firefox. Don't see any way to do diplomacy of any kind. Don't know if i'm missing it or if you're just working on re-adding that feature.

Thanks,

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
If anybody has a tip on which browser to use on Android, I'd be grateful. They all work, but scrolling doesn't work inside the map image - only in the frame. Is there a workaround?

And 2. for many maps, the thumbnail image changes to Classic Mini once you join the game, even if it is originally another map.

3. If the archived games are in an order already, then please reverse that order, so the game that finished last is on top of the list, not on the bottom.

hey sebrim...yes i noticed too that i can not scroll or enlarge if my fingers touch the map on an android as well. my work around is to make sure i have the wood back ground or the beige back ground (the image that is not part of the map) always available for my fingers to touch... does that make sense?

for item 2...yes...i also get the same mini map...

for item 3...yes...i would also like that in reverse order...but not a priority since there are so many other priorities...such as getting our diplo tab back.

thank you MC elves for your magical coding skills! :beers:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I just noticed something.... a very minor detail...but might help alleviate some frustration with the new UI. The join game list is starting to become longer. When I join a team game that is at the very bottom of the list...the screen greys over and the join team window or dialog box pops up....however, I need to scroll all the way up to see this dialog box. If I didn't do this, I would have thought this was a bug and not join the game. It took me 3 tries to figure out I had to scroll up. I was wondering if just for team games you can set up the join buttons like this? like I said...a very minor detail (but my suggestion maybe difficult to code? so feel free to ignore it!) or have the dialog box center of the screen which might be harder to code....i dunno.

8l7kvQt.jpg

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Hard to see the number of troops in Twelve Domains

What is the "#s". Do you mean the Troop numbers don't fit in the circles?
Is it just that game, or for all the games?
Which map?
Can you take a screen shot and post it so we can take a look? Thanks.

I saw it in Twelve Domains as the numbers have to fit in minicastels.

(I didn't know how to add a screen shot, it doesn't show after Ctrl+V and Inserting image is asking for an URL. but now I found the attachment button ;) )

But in this game https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/983.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 9

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I saw it in Twelve Domains as the numbers have to fit in minicastels.

You don't HAVE to use mini castles, but no matter what you change it to, the numbers don't quite fit; which makes it especially hard to read when you get to double digits.

bMRrWPn.png

You can see the 8 and 15 shown here.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
yes....i also have issues with the troop containers on the 12D map...there not as clear as they used to be. i'm playing on android chrome...just like blee's pic

also...i really hope the diplo tab will eventually return...kinda hard to play multiplayer flat games without them.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes, the troop containers are blurry. They are being rendered in an incorrect way. We will address the troop containers at some point. And it affects all maps, not just 12D.

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Can I just say how grateful I am for the work you have done and are doing on this. Lockdown without MajCom would have been even grimmer - so it's real good news that we've got a functioning site going forward.
🥇🥇🥇

Status
Not open for further replies.