• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Nuke won't fire...

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
looking forward to the solution of this one, thanks

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
So this is a weird one. I've never encountered this before. The only thing I can think of is to unload and reload the game from memory. This my fix the issue. If it does not, then I'll get someone on the backend to look at it, but I'm not sure what they can do. So needpapertowel, just try again this turn and let me know if it works.

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Hey Sheriff, I've actually tried 3 times since, no luck. The nuke DID arm and fire the first time. On my next turn I deployed 60 troops on the warhead (for a total of 160) and it did not fire, nor has it fired since. I wonder if deploying on the nuke was the sticky wicket.

That said, this was a friendly/teachable moment type game of the Boot Camp Clan style, and I don't think any of us will be upset if the game is scrapped. Special thanks to Cardinalsrule for the tutelage, I learned a lot and look forward to trying the map again soon.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
i tried to unload it as well...is it working now?

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Still not working, unfortunately. We're experimenting by reinforcing all my troops to Sgt so he can take the nuke and see if it's a game glitch, or just limited to me. Thanks for trying Periwinkle! We'll keep you all posted.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
same game, needpapertowel and I are on the same team. NPT transferred all to me, I took a run at the nuke, same nothing, nope, nyet.

<< https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/32370 >>

I'm attaching a screenshot. When I mouse over me, all my terts light up except for the bonus nuke troops?!?

Any solutions to resolve this would be welcome.

Attachments

• Nukes nope MC.jpg
    Nukes nope MC.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 3

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Thanks. I elevated this issue to 'Andrew' who is our expert bug catcher. He said he would look in to it. This has never happened before, so I'm not sure what think. We'll wait to hear if he sees anything obvious.

Thanks.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Hi Andrew. Here's a couple of screen shots, one when I first mouse over my name at the top, all my terts including the nuke head light up. The 75 troops button completely lights up. Then when I click on anything the nuke head only has the top third highlighted in yellow and won't respond. Also after taking my first tert in the USA the attack option ceases functioning there as well.

I've tried deleting browser history and restarting the map. So far it has made no difference.

Attachments

• nuke armed.jpg
    nuke armed.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Nuke Launch ON.jpg
    Nuke Launch ON.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
any updates on how Andrew is progressing with this?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Hey, this is Andrew -- still looking into this, nothing jumping out right away, but hopefully will find something soon. Thanks!
Andrew, my turn has come back around. Would it help to have you observing when I start my turn?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Hey, this is Andrew -- still looking into this, nothing jumping out right away, but hopefully will find something soon. Thanks!
Hi Andrew. I am the only active player now. One is defeated and the other two are AWOL. Let me know when is a good time for you and I can take a turn while you watch the game process and the glitches. We can chat in the game chat about what's happening and what to try.

Thanks

Last edited:

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Hi Andrew, a couple of screen shots, 1 with a mouse over my player when the nuke isn't armed highlighting the terts I occupy, and the second screen shot with a mouse over my player when the nuke is armed. There appears to be a glitch happening.

Visually, the yellow overlay shrinks to the top third of the button when armed.

Good luck on resolving this and keep me posted,

Thanks

Attachments

• nuke mouse over.jpg
    nuke mouse over.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 2
  • nuke mouse over armed.jpg
    nuke mouse over armed.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 1

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
has this glitch be relegated to the 'maybe later' file?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I would think by now, the initial nuclear fallout from first launch would have resulted in additional casualties.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Sadly Brianstheman there has yet to be that first launch :( and at this pace it may yet be a while before this glitch is examined and repaired.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Maybe some troops in the vicinity took iodine tablets.

NPT mentions "The nuke DID arm and fire the first time."

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Confirming that yes, the nukes DID fire the first time I was able to use them. They would not fire on subsequent attempts.
Also worth reiterating that on my second attempt I deployed 60 or so troops on the warhead, I can't help but suspect that was the sticky wicket.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Perhaps the game engines is trying to teach humans that nuclear annihilation is a better weapon held reserved than utilized.