• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Nothing rhymes with "Incandenza"

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Sooooooo let's see...

I'm a television producer (it's unlikely that you would have heard of any of my shows, sadly) in my mid-thirties. No wife yet, tho I do have an amazing girlfriend who I'd lay strong odds on becoming the eventual Mrs. Incandenza. I reside in Los Angeles and hope to do so for the foreseeable future, because this city is incredible in a variety of beautiful ways.

My involvement with MajCom goes back many moons, and I've been playing online strategy games of this sort (in some form or another) for about 20 years now.

My name comes from the family name of one of the main characters in the novel Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, one of my all-time favorite books. I've been using it on various sites for some years now.

In terms of various ephemera, I'm an unpublished novelist, a Mario Kart expert, a multiple Jeopardy champion, a reasonably-well-socialized nerd, an Angels fan, an unrepentant grammar and spelling fascist, and a serial cultivator of unfortunate hairstyles.

Oh, and for vets of the site, a loose translation of the phrase "Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est" is "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier."

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hey Inca!

We better have a play off in Mario Kart then!

It is good to see another unpublished novelist like myself.

KFD

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
The world's full of unpublished novelists. And yet, Dan Brown has sold more copies of Da Vinci Code than can be tallied without using scientific notation. The world is a cruel place.

I would greatly enjoy some tough Kart competition, it's the thing that should motivate me to either fix or replace my poor dead Wii. Well, that and playing final fantasy 6 on virtual console.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
no doubt there will me M-Kart for the WiiU.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Alex,
8-letter words for 1200 please.

In Italian, this word means belief, but it is currently used as a piece of furniture to store flatware and to serve buffets. Also rhymes with Incandenza.

Credenza

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Thinking Mensa?

Influenza is a close enough.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I always think of incandescent light bulbs when I see your name.

VictorSullivan

Awesome Player
First, the online world needs more fascists to lord over those that are grammar and spelling impaired. Second, I've never understood the appeal of Mario Kart 64 other than the nostalgia. That game was horrendous. I prefer the SNES and DS versions.

-Sully

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Okay, okay, so there are a few things that do actually rhyme with Incandenza. T'was the cleverest thread title I could come up with on the spot.

Evan, I don't know this for certain, but I've always assumed that when DFW created the name, a reminder of "incandescent" was what he was going for, since Hal Incandenza (the aforementioned co-protagonist) is insanely smart (quite literally at some points).

I understand the appeal of Kart 64, I played it a ton in college, so there's definitely a nostalgia factor there. But double dash was pretty good, and the wii version kicks ass if only because you can finally play people online (to say nothing of the other additions to the game).

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Me and my homeboy Incandenza,
Drinking Old-E on my red credenza.

NorCal ≠ SoCal. Don't be a hater.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
...a reminder of "incandescent" was what he was going for, since Hal Incandenza ...

Then perhaps Hal is for Halogen, eh? This dude is a walking photo studio.

EDIT: Or Metal HALide

Man, this guy is serious about his lights.

MrBenn

Awesome Player
Have you ever heard of a Credenza?

I've never really gotten into Mario Kart Wii - it doesn't feel the same with the wheels - I miss my SNES controllers too much!

VictorSullivan

Awesome Player
I miss the joystick and big red button :(

So many buttons! Took me a while to get used to the controllers from this generation.

-Sully

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Have you ever heard of a Credenza?

I've never really gotten into Mario Kart Wii - it doesn't feel the same with the wheels - I miss my SNES controllers too much!

Ugh, don't play with the wheel, that's a sucker's bet. Wiimote and nunchuck is the way to roll.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Agreed - It takes me too long (and I also can't really be bothered) to change the remote from the soft case (the safety thing) to the wheel - it is the same anyway.

I am better at the DS version though.

dlb4sheezy

Awesome Player
My tranny wife Lorenza... ( but eccentuate the R) Lorrrenza

haha

not really my wife.. w.e

mapguy

Awesome Player
Nothing rhymes with Incandenza ?
Let us ask the peeps, that are from Menza.