• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

North America map

giuppi

Awesome Player
A nice surprise today for me: I've just discovered the North America map!

Great job guys, I enjoy particularly the color and the shades of the oceans.

As constructive feedback: I'm not sure if I dig the typeface/font in the briefing map, and there seems to be an inconsistency between Mesoamerica and Mexamerica there.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Thanks for the kind words, mate. Wids just keeps on producing stunning maps, the guy's a machine.

there seems to be an inconsistency between Mesoamerica and Mexamerica there.

Thanks for the heads-up, we should have the brief fixed up shortly.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
yeah - i just want to point out... them vs us. Widowmakers blew it out the park

291b1bf97944317cdc3a8a56bf9e2144.png

GetMapImage.php

warneke

Awesome Player
Great job guys. Can't wait to play on it!

The top one looks like I drew it. It takes a professional scribbler to achieve that kind of mess. Makes me want to download gimp.

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
The map is quite pretty. I love it. Now I just need to play it!

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Glad you all like it. It was fun to draw that thing up.
Enjoy.

Kjell

Awesome Player
Quickly becoming one of my favourite maps and I'm not just saying that because of the success I've had on it.

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I like the map, but i guess new players should start on a more basic map.
This one is pretty tricky :)

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I like the map, but i guess new players should start on a more basic map.
This one is pretty tricky :)

The trickiness, I think, comes from its size. The overall gameplay is pretty standard. And if you like tricky, just wait until you see what we've got coming up. :D

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
:)
good lord inc, you aren't kidding.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
the North America map really is beautiful, also enjoying playing on it. Looking forward to the "tricky" one coming. When is an Africa map coming?

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
North America overwhelms with its jawesomeness.

One issue: The (lack of) connection between Ontario and MI is not entirely clear. Because the troop container obscures the water gap where Detroit would be, it suggest that you might be able to attack between these two territories.

1e5fd30c3f0855a48d09caab5d492ccc.png

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
North America overwhelms with its jawesomeness.

One issue: The (lack of) connection between Ontario and MI is not entirely clear. Because the troop container obscures the water gap where Detroit would be, it suggest that you might be able to attack between these two territories.

1e5fd30c3f0855a48d09caab5d492ccc.png

I can move to container a bit

Edit. I moved it over 4 pixels to teh left. How is that?

Last edited:

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
i legitimately think that it would be possible to teach a geo class with this map. great work guys

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
I like the feel of the map immensely, but it seems to me, as a player who camps out on the three border tundra/arctic, or on the one border Caribbean, that my opponents are caught off foot and struggling to defend bonuses with both smaller incomes and more borders. It seems to me, as a player who has gotten the drop at either the far north or the far south that this map is simply too imbalanced towards those who would hold up in a corner and slowly, inexorably push forward over time. I suppose east Canada isn't such a bad set either if you hold the choke in New England, but it seems still inferior to the other two sets that i mentioned, and if we are talking about a game with 4 or more players, someone is just going to get screwed, plain and simple. Most Majcom maps of the sheer territory count, around 58 or so for this map if I am not mistaken, have many small bonuses. I'd compare this map's size to the British isles map in territory count/size, and when you compare those two it's clear that the new America map is like a sponge it's bonuses have so many holes to defend, except for those far north and far south bonuses. It just feels rather imbalanced to me to whoever gets the drop in the "good" territories, there aren't a whole lot of other good options in the first 3 or 4 turns of the game whereas in other maps there are at least territories that you can "settle for", something that you can make into a good backup plan if you get a poor drop or are last in the turn order.

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
The bonuses designed to be "backup plans" all seem to have a reward of only 1 unit per turn, almost not worth holding when your opponents have, say, the arctic and tundra for 6 and the Caribbean for an impenetrable 2. (much like Iberia in cold war Europe, but there are no small easy to hold bonuses of 3 to balance it out) It seems like whoever isn't in one of those two positions just winds up between hammer and anvil for the whole match.

Last edited:

mapguy

Awesome Player
Widows,
I have admired your work for the past 5 years or so, and as you well know, I am NOT the average ass-kisser when it comes to my critiques.

Tw0 thumbs up, (way up), on this latest Masterpiece, (only a couple of very minor items, as mentioned).
A+ -Artistically it is the best thing to date that I have seen from you.
A+ -GP is excellent, and affords for dynamic and exciting games.

You really knocked it out of the park with this one. Yeah I would have to say that you are getting pretty good at this stuff.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Widows,
I have admired your work for the past 5 years or so, and as you well know, I am NOT the average ass-kisser when it comes to my critiques.

Tw0 thumbs up, (way up), on this latest Masterpiece, (only a couple of very minor items, as mentioned).
A+ -Artistically it is the best thing to date that I have seen from you.
A+ -GP is excellent, and affords for dynamic and exciting games.

You really knocked it out of the park with this one. Yeah I would have to say that you are getting pretty good at this stuff.
Thanks mapguy. Glad you like the map. Hope I can make this map look dated and old in a few months. ;-)