• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

No Team Games available...

Roscokov

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I just had a look through to see if i could join any new games but unfortunately I could barely find any.

Basically all the active team games have 1 team full and then open spaces on the other team.

The problem is that all the 2nd teams have a certain player on them (let's call him Rick).

Rick has built up a reputation in his short time on the site for never speaking to anyone, killing his own teammates and generally playing his own game. I would have no problem if that was singles but rick seems to exclusively play teamgames at the moment and happens to screw people over in all of them. (I have seen him pass troops before so he is aware of the concept - even if he passed them to an AWOL player...)

That is no problem for those people out there farming UDOs and points but for those people looking for a genuine game they are gonnna have to wait literally months because any decent/regular player will never join those teams they are just cadet traps waiting for newbies to sign up and get hammered amongst a team of awols and then never play another game because they think the site is rubbish. (if they were even real people to begin with...how can SO many new players only join up to teamgames it's a bit weird no...)

There is something in the terms and conditions about "being that guy" - I think if you took a survey just now "that guy" would definitely be rick...

(Just as a note - this is not meant to be the start of a list calling out anybody's behaviour/gameplay skills so we don't need further examples)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I second that comment. His nameday was two days ago, and it's really und knowing what happens if he's on your team. Interestingly, he's been around for several years, but somehow just started playibg team games lately, obviously without having any kind of team spirit. He's never uttered a word to anybody, to my knowledge.

In conclusion: I agree to calling him “that guy“. If any admin manages to get through to him, that might be an idea, but I doubt it. Give him an ultimatum, by which time he must respond, otherwise he gets a ban and is kicked out of all waiting games, I'd suggest.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Addendum: he has 78 waiting games, the majority of which are team games...

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Yeah, I have a game with him now and indeed his moves are funny.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Quick question. Has anybody reached out to him via messaging to for a heart to heart? I know we've all tried the comm tabs in game to no avail. If you have tried messages, speak up and let us know how it went. If nobody says they have in the next two days, I volunteer.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Please do, Tape. I have a feeling he does read the chat - at least occasionally - and follows instructions - occasionally. However, nobody I've talked to has ever seen him reply to anything.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Without wanting to sound like a drama queen, I think this most definitely needs some action. I absolutely will not join his team, and I'd rather not even be in the same game. I'm not mean or vindictive as a person, but i - like everyone who sticks around on this site - play for the fun and the fun levels go way down with this kind of thing. And like has already been said, if it was a one off or singles, that would be ok, but it's the team thing that makes it a problem.

As far as I know, only Tapeworm has had an positive sort of interaction so I'd love it if Tapeworm you could try?

Some weeks ago I asked if admin could get involved - 'could' as in both are they allowed to (morally) and would there be any chance of getting through? Issuing bans for being an idiot and a hopeless team player sounds fascist and draconian but if the actual result of a rick type player is that the site grinds to a halt, is there any real alternative?

All these juicy 6ers and crusades will never happen, or will never be decent games, as long as people are put off joining by someone with such a solidly set reputation.

Roscokov

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I sent him a direct message a month ago asking if he spoke english or hablas'd espanol. no response.

I have exactly the same doubts as Clark - really what i want to do is encourage more players to play team games and get involved not exclude anyone but... This is not necessarily an isssue about skill, or even necessarily engaging with the chat. Lots of players don't chat for a variety of reasons, and everybody has a learning curve (not everyone wants to play 20 games a day).

I get that.

This is different because he is not just a maverick with some unpredictable tendencies like some of our other beloved players but he seems to be a player who understands the concepts and just chooses not to follow any of them. (the game where he deployed on an awol teammate 3 times in a row was the one that broke the camels back for me)

The lengths we'll go to just to get someone to pass us some troops once in a while eh ;)

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
I fully agree with you all, but something is wrong - I mean, this person obviously enjoys MC, but doesn't answer to anyone and messes games up because of his way of playing.
Maybe he is dyslexic?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I would state the following:

1) I have sent him a direct message through the MC messaging system some time ago. No response was received. Tried again today, and will advise if any reply comes.
2) Have seen him communicate in the Chat box once, in a 1v1 game about two weeks ago. It's archived, so chat isn't displayed, but LINKING in case an admin wants to review.

3) Agree that due to his present reputation, many people will not join his team in games. I have joined him for an upcoming 12D game.
4) I have seen improved play from him in the past month. Deploying on teammates, withholding attacks, not getting locked in own castle in 12D no reinforce. He also does not generally miss turns. He generally seems to be attacking the other teams, where before he had a problem with taking his own teammates terts. And he had the decisive blow in this Mars game. It seems to me that in the past month he may have started to read the team chatter.

5) To Rosco's point, there are many people on this site who rarely use the chat function, make moves not in accordance with team strategy and do not provide explanation for the variation, and make "questionable" moves.
6) However,"Rick's" complete lack of communication on the team chatter, combined with moves which some may perceive as erratic, obviously causes frustration for teammates. This will keep team games from filling. I am in support of a solution that keeps the site moving.

Note: The player is involved in 77 upcoming games, just under half of which, 38, are team games, with 39 singles games.

Last edited:

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
You call him 'Rick' but why not mention his Nick?

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
played some moths in conquer club a few years ago, there was a foe system, or something like that, were u added certain players names when u started agame and they could not join, this was focused on getting udo's and medals

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
You call him 'Rick' but why not mention his Nick?

Well, his nick isn't that different from 'Rick', though :-D And everybody knows who we're talking about :)

chacha75

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
Just adding my 2 cents: he should be banned, and that will make those team games flow again.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Just adding my 2 cents: he should be banned, and that will make those team games flow again.

We can't ban someone because they're a crappy teammate and don't communicate.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
:dito:

We'll have to think of another approach.

Nothing comes to my mind that isn't too petty or controlling or just picking on him but could a limit be placed on the number of games you're waiting in? Nah, surely not. But if there was a way to ask him to withdraw from a certain number of games? Or a limit of a certain number on each map? Dunno. Sounds logistically awkward even if it was ethically acceptable.

chacha75

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
Well, at least he seems to steer clear from the nukes maps :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Any progress on this issue? That would be a fitting Christmas present :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Any progress on this issue? That would be a fitting Christmas present :)

If you have any suggestions, we'd be happy to hear them. I personally don't see anything that can be done.