• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

No deferred troops

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
So enjoying a few casual games at another place. For the most part not as good as here. The one main thing I like better? No damn deferred troops. Instead they give you and teammates an option to extend the 24 hour clock 2x.

Much better than deferred troops. or the usual cluster created when everyone says skip your turn and someone doesnt read the game chat before playing.

The best part? I see people missing turns and no one complains or speaks up about how everyone should skip as well to make it "fair". No arguements, no discussions. Just play on as normal.

Rather damn nice way to handle it IMHO.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
So enjoying a few casual games at another place. For the most part not as good as here. The one main thing I like better? No damn deferred troops. Instead they give you and teammates an option to extend the 24 hour clock 2x.

Much better than deferred troops. or the usual cluster created when everyone says skip your turn and someone doesnt read the game chat before playing.

The best part? I see people missing turns and no one complains or speaks up about how everyone should skip as well to make it "fair". No arguements, no discussions. Just play on as normal.

Rather damn nice way to handle it IMHO.
Yup totally agree with you....I like the time extension option....great if you know you will be away on for the weekend..instead of telling everyone to play slow or to skip their turn....you can add time. Great feature!

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I like that teammate can extend....had plenty of times where I was messaging partner praying they'd get there in time for their swing

Thom27h

Awesome Player
I agree that troups should not be deferred if this is not possible anyway, when actively making a move.

The principle in such cases should be:
"If you don't manage to move in time, the server makes a move for you. And don't complain afterwards if you don't like that move."

That means, the automatic move should be in accordance with the rules.

The troups could be automatically deployed instead of deferring them. Either distribute them randomly over the countries of the player in question. Or by some more sophisticated and reasonable algorithm:

1. determine the border countries of the player, i. e. those linked to a country not owned by that player
2. order the border countries, either randomly or in some deterministic way
3. deploy 1 troup on each of the border countries, following above order, until all troups are deployed or each country got 1 troup
4. if there are still troups to deploy, goto step 3.