• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

newbies! wanna learn how to play team games?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Join us! Game 465601.....newbies get paired up with a veteran and learn how to play a quad game. This will be my first game too. It should be fun and a great learning experience! Hope to see you there!

Maniacal1

Awesome Player
465601 - Hi, is it possible to search for a specific game that is already being played even if I'm not playing in it. I'd like to watch a game and see how others play it. Thank you for any response.

Pariah

Awesome Player
Just add the game number to the end of https://www.majorcommand.com/###### if the game is still active it will come up. Otherwise you can find players from the forum,scoreboard and tournament section and go to their profile and see their active games listed on the left. I've never done this because i don't have time but if your going to follow some games you may as well follow some games that the top ranked players are playing to study their individual play as well as the overall game unless you want to follow a game with specific settings that they aren't in.

Pariah

Awesome Player
If you wanted to study a game type that has a lot of joinable games i have a lot of escalate 4+ player games up on my profile both joinable and playing. You can follow any one of those and there is also a post in another thread in this section detailing my escalate strategy (though i play for fun and often stray from it)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
you can also use the 'find a game'-button on the start page. There, it lets you search for all various settings, including status (open, in progress, or archived). Moreover, it lets you search for specific players - if you enter more than one, use a comma to separate them, but no blank space!

Pariah

Awesome Player
I have seriously been living in a hole. The button is right there. In the middle of the screen that i visit every day.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
465601 - Hi, is it possible to search for a specific game that is already being played even if I'm not playing in it. I'd like to watch a game and see how others play it. Thank you for any response.

Here are some tips for team games that I have picked up over the last 5 months....

Taking your Turn
Don’t rush your turn. Always read the chatter tab. Allow plenty of time for your teammates to contribute/bounce off ideas with your turn. You should also check in when your teammate has their turn. It’s better when it is a collective/informed decision. When you are the eliminated from the map, doesn’t mean you are eliminated from the team, continue to check-in when your teammates are playing, your suggestions are always welcomed.

Attacking
Try to attack the next enemy in the turn order. The goal is to reduce their deploy. If there is an enemy that is exposed to all your teammates, then you can all try to eliminate that enemy as quickly as possible (within 2 rounds)
When your teammate is in trouble (weak or going to be eliminated soon), try to eliminate the enemy from the area first if you can. It is preferred than piling a stack of troops for defense (although that sometimes might be your only option).

Reinforcements
Always try to get your troops to the front lines when they are buried behind your teammates (especially in border or path reinforcements). Always reinforce your teammates, priority to those teammates playing directly after you.

When you think you have no other options of reinforcements, think about turn order. You can reinforce all your troops from your tert if you are surrounded by enemies that will go after your partner/teammate. Your partner will reinforce you back on that tert before the enemy has a chance to attack you. Your troops are put into better use into attacking.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

you are welcome to join any of my teams...I may have a couple of games that need another player to complete my team....Cheers!