• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New homepage studio!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
!! -- MajorCommand needs a new homepage -- !!

We are looking for ideas and suggestions. If you can draw, use photoshop, or if you are creative or know about webdesign then please take one step forward!

What we need is something that will attract new players when they land on the site. Something that has links to our best features and pages, something that is well designed with informative text and easy to navigate.

This will be a work in progress, with many many revisions, so don't be offended if the final product is not what you original vision looked liked. There are factors like Search Engine Optimization that needs to be considered and built in to the final page design too.

But meanwhile, if anyone has a vision of what they would like the main HOMEPAGE to look like, please step forward and post a mock up photo image of your vision!

There will even be prizes if we use your idea!

Last edited:

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
What might help new people is a 60 second video tutorial on the site-basic navigation of the site and some gameplay-explaining real time, casual, how to deploy, how to attack and how to behave on this site.

Other than that idea, I've always liked the simplicity of our front page :)

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
What might help new people is a 60 second video tutorial on the site-basic navigation of the site and some gameplay-explaining real time, casual, how to deploy, how to attack and how to behave on this site.

Other than that idea, I've always liked the simplicity of our front page :)

I'm pretty sure that the first time I got here there were some videos to explain the game. Not sure though if this is still the case.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I know for sure there's some helpful videos for individual maps on the wikipedia page-when I was first learning the ropes the 12 domains and Nukes page/video certainly helped! When I was here I don't remember watching any videos originally though, that seems like a million years ago now.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I updated the link on that page to you.

Yay me. I updated a wiki page.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I don't remember watching that when I first begun, I just remember going straight into real time and losing my first 3 games because I needed to update my browser :p Thanks for the link Sheriff, that's definitely a good page for newbies!

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The video is worth watching for the singing of the jingle alone! I do remember seeing this video. I think it may be why I stayed with this site instead of some others.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
More videos on youtube.

Only way i could figure out how to ay nukes

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I watched the nukes and 12 domains videos, don't think I've bothered on the rest! Great videos though, I recommended them to a newbie who said it was his first game.