• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New Game idea

MACOON

Awesome Player
Hi!

I first thought of a map of Scandinavia, but maybe you didn´t want that kind of a typical map. It could have some cool special features with Santa Claus, Lego Land etc. But IF the idea is good, i could take it to the next level...

But then I thought "out of the box" and came up with this 3d-type of solution. Its simple but may have some cool special features to bring along.

The size of the visible side can be with 27, 48 or even 75 regions. The three surfaces can be devided to various kinds of bonus areas and some special features like making it possible for a region to attack not only to the areas next to it , but also maybe in a 3d- way with some restrictions...

What do you think about the idea. Is it worth developing further?

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Rubiks_revenge_scrambled.jpg
    Rubiks_revenge_scrambled.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 70

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Hi!

I first thought of a map of Scandinavia, but maybe you didn´t want that kind of a typical map. It could have some cool special features with Santa Claus, Lego Land etc. But IF the idea is good, i could take it to the next level...

But then I thought "out of the box" and came up with this 3d-type of solution. Its simple but may have some cool special features to bring along.

The size of the visible side can be with 27, 48 or even 75 regions. The three surfaces can be devided to various kinds of bonus areas and some special features like making it possible for a region to attack not only to the areas next to it , but also maybe in a 3d- way with some restrictions...

What do you think about the idea. Is it worth developing further?

I am kinda confused on what you mean. If you could try to explain a bit further that would help.

If not I am sure someone else can wrap around your idea.

On a side note though I think it is best to avoid seasonal stuff. Such as Santa Claus and stuff related to a season I guess. My reasoning on this is do you want to play a map with a santa claus theme in summer.

MACOON

Awesome Player
Rubic map idea.

Forget about Scandinavia fo now. What do you think about the rubic type of game set?
The picture should help to understand the main idea.

The final map could be more maplike (if possible with the graphics) and not only the plain boring cube...

M

Attachments

• rubic.jpg
    rubic.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 77

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Maybe I'm just in too good of a mood right now, but I actually think this is a somewhat interesting map idea. I'd want to make it all six sides, with bonuses for holding a side. You could display it with two diagrams, as per the top two views in this image...

tumblr_ltktirhvyE1qi9209.png

trouble is, it would be kind of boring both to play and to look at. I see there being some novelty in playing it once, but I'm pretty sure it's a map I would not want to keep coming back to.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Actually, it sort of remind me of an idea I had when I first started playing. It would be a circular globe/map where you could only attack on then side facing you. And it would rotate a little after every turn.

earth_viewer.gif

Or similarly, a map where the attack area moves, in this case, with the sunlight.

sunlightmap.png

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
i really like the idea of a moving map ! on the cube map movement could be triggered by a neutral territory (or one on each side ...) that would reset every turn maybe ... could be used to avoid someone getting a command or to get some territories you couldn't reach closer !

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
My own idea for a moving map was a top down view of the solar system, where each planet moves a step per turn with the planets closer to the sun taking less time to orbit, say Mercury 3 turns, Venus 4, Earth 6, Mars 7, Ceres 8, etc, - planets in conjunction could invade each other and planets coming into or going out of conjunction could bombard each other... add in some satelites and rogue comets and it could be really confusing :)

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I like the cube idea. No reason why they can't be mini maps that link across, almost like a planet to create your natural unattackable areas. So a sea along one edge, a mountain range along another (or part of) but create "wormhole" type areas that link into each side. I love the idea, and I reckon it would be easier to visualise if you did a cardboard cut out of it.

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Maybe with the Rubik's Cube map, every round at the start of the round one side turns, and the bonus is for holding a specific color.

MACOON

Awesome Player
Lets stick to the cube. If you had the two halfcubes shown as in your post, the edges of each side could be cocoured with the colour of the side next to it just to help understand the 3d. The center squares should bo special; either neutral with 1 or 2 troops teo beat before getting thru to any othe center OR no mans land owned by the one that holds most regions intill...

LET´´s work on this...