• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New Doubles Forum Tournament?

edmondtheknight

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
How far did we get with this? I am actually planning on taking a break during November and December months from MajCom. So can we re-visit this idea in January. Hopefully we get these extra few players in the meantime...

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
How far did we get with this? I am actually planning on taking a break during November and December months from MajCom. So can we re-visit this idea in January. Hopefully we get these extra few players in the meantime...

I'm still holding out hope we get 4 more players to make it 32...

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Starting with 14 teams could be an option?
But how, I donnow :p

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Starting with 14 teams could be an option?
But how, I donnow :p

I have an idea! There are 14 teams....divide the teams into 2 groups of 7....group A and B.

Round 1:
Each team plays against all the other teams in their group once. Top 4 teams advance. If there are ties then play one more game to break the tie.

Round 2:
There are 4 teams left in each group.....proceed/continue with the original plan/structure.

Clear as mud? Thoughts? :lollypop:

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Good plan, Peri

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I have an idea! There are 14 teams....divide the teams into 2 groups of 7....group A and B.

Round 1:
Each team plays against all the other teams in their group once. Top 4 teams advance. If there are ties then play one more game to break the tie.

Round 2:
There are 4 teams left in each group.....proceed/continue with the original plan/structure.

I never thought mud was clear or where that expression came from. I know mud to be wet and brown and messy. I do like your plan thou, but I'm disappointed that we couldn't fulfill destiny or is this the real destiny and the other was illusion. I am setting a goal for the team I'm on that we will make the top 4 on our half of the brackets. Good luck to other teams.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

Round 1:

Round 2:

Saying something is "clear as mud" is a way of saying that something is actually not clear at all. "Clear" in this case means "easy to understand". It's kind of a sarcastic way of saying that something doesn't make any sense.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

Round 1:

Round 2:

'Clear as mud' is both a simile and an idiom. It's a simile because it uses 'as', it's an idiom because it's a common phrase. 'Clear as a brick wall' is a simile but not an idiom, because it's not a standard speech pattern, even though the comparison it's making is basically the same thing. (simile, sarcasm, ironic, oxymoron) Unclear; difficult or impossible to understand or interpret.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I use that phrase all the time when I'm teaching physics....it's clear to me...but "clear as mud" to others :banghead: 😆

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Crystal clear Madam!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
'Clear as mud' is both a simile and an idiom. It's a simile because it uses 'as', it's an idiom because it's a common phrase. 'Clear as a brick wall' is a simile but not an idiom, because it's not a standard speech pattern, even though the comparison it's making is basically the same thing. (simile, sarcasm, ironic, oxymoron) Unclear; difficult or impossible to understand or interpret.

Oh, dear god. We're getting English ("Language Arts") lessons now...

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Hi F15, where do we stand o this one? :)