• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Messages not sending

norbs

Awesome Player
Mail is not working. Before I would regularly send an email to multiple users, inviting them to join a game, with a comma separating each user name. That functionality is now broken: when I send the message, there is no confirmation that it has been sent, or to who. Instead I just gets a white screen and that page hangs. And in my 'Sent' mail folder, I can see that the message has only been sent to the first name in the 'To' field. So if want to send an email to 8 people, I now have to send it separately 8 times. This is just ridiculous. Why is yet another core piece of functionality broken? And why wasn't any testing done before the recent changes to make sure this kind of error was not occurring?

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes, this is happening for some people. It might be because some people have too many messages that are trying to load at the same time. We are going to have to look into it and address that at one point, but meanwhile...

Please use the forum private conversation feature for now, since this is working well, has the same features (if not more), and is better coded. And because we've got a few things we're prioritizing before we can look at this issue fully.

Thanks.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
When I send messages the screen goes blank. If I go to "Sent" the message does show as sent ... IF ...

I only send to ONE person. If I send to more than 1 person, only the 1st message shows in my Sent tab.

[a temporary work around?] If I resend the message to one person at a time, then that one message will appear in my Sent tab as having gone thru successfully. More work but it does seem to get the job done.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Use the messaging system here ....at the top right corner there is an icon of an envelope, click on that. The start conversation and input the players names....type your message and send. They will get an email notification. It's a much better system. You can always add players later and pics and attachments.

Rare-Breed

Awesome Player
A little off-topic, I received a pm and replied, other player replied back, I was going to respond later, but the whole conversation disappeared. Also, I was looking at the first pm I received here, and I have been a member for over a year now, and only played about 20 games. :(