• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Mercenary Team Games

asunder

Awesome Player
Just posting this to be looked into as time allows :)

I'd like to be clear on the distribution of points on a team mercenary game, now that the point system has been implemented that you are immediately awarded points, when you take out a player.

In a team game, if your team-mate takes out a player, currently only the team mate that takes out the player gets the points, so how is this beneficial as a team? In the end, the "Team" doesn't actually win.. only the Player who took out the last player wins the points.

This could also entice your own team mate to take u out, and get your points and win the game, and leave you with nothing.

Can this be worked, so that in a team mercenary game, that both/all team mates, split all points, of all take outs, along the way?

I hope this makes some sense. Thanks!

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
The general idea for team mercenary is that, yes, points should be split between teammates regardless of who actually made the kill.

asunder

Awesome Player
The general idea for team mercenary is that, yes, points should be split between teammates regardless of who actually made the kill.

thanks, inca. thats what i was thinking.

is this currently what is in effect, or are the developers still working it out to be split?

for instance

09/09/10 12:46:33 bitglory Player Icon bitglory bitglory is victorious! Awarded 26 points
09/09/10 12:46:33 ashr Player Icon ashr Eliminated by bitglory

Would be good to say the split between team mates in the record, no?

Last edited:

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Also, does this work for team assassin as well?

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
yeah.. this is something that definitely needs to be addressed. if you don't get the points in a doubles mercenary game - and your partner gets "everything".. it's a total pain and completely unjust. i feel for you asunder, raped in the diplo's raped in the points.. that game hated you.

asunder

Awesome Player
You gotta LOVE being crammed in a corner :)

ashr

Awesome Player
Which game was that? When did BitG take me out?

ashr

Awesome Player
Oh, that game, I hated that Game! So Army stole your points, at least he didn't take you out on purpose :)

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
done on dev

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
If you could play team games for assassin and mercenary back in 2011, why can't we now?

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Assassins was taken out because some teams were dominating the scene to such an extent that it was deemed unfair to new players to just stumble into. It is available still in the tournament section. as for team merc.. dunno - I've never tried to make a team merc game. Probably because of the unfair points split described here.