• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Members living in Europe, Africa, The Levant, Arabia, and Iran, write HERE!

bonnajavel

Awesome Player
I want to start a social clan for people who live in Europe, Africa, The Levant, Arabia, and Iran. The idea behind the clan is that people from the same timezone have roughly the same day and night cycles.

I need four members to start the clan. Please write a message in this thread if you live in Africa, in Arabia, in Europe, in Iran, or in The Levant and I will add you to the clan. Russia west of the Urals and Turkey are included in the area. I was originally thinking of the area corresponding to the timezones Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) -1, GMT, GMT +1, GMT +2, and GMT +3, and for geographical sense I have extended that to include Iran as well.

Welcome!

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Count me in!

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Naaah, I guess some people are shy to react?
(just to find a reason, right? :p)

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Great!! We need at least two more to start the clan. If they don't want to post in the thread they can PM me.

i hope you accomplish your goal. Would be great to have another to battle.

bonnajavel

Awesome Player
I am still trying to draft more Europeans and others to the clan!

bonnajavel

Awesome Player
So this didn't work out well apparently with not even enough members to start at all!

I can tell you why I came to think of this idea in the first place. It's because the limited time format - which of course is a necessity - puts me at a disadvantage because of my geographical position and working hours. Players in another part of the world from where most of the players are hailing always make moves right after I went to bed, making it difficult for me to make a move in time the next day. And since my working hours are irregular, I'm in an even worse position. My efforts to adjust to this problem have not had the desired result of my not missing any turns. On the contrary I really can't help missing turns almost every week because of this.

And since there aren't enough players from my time zone to amend it, I wonder if Major Command will ever consider opening a new time format of say 48 hours, something that would help greatly.

Please comment.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Start taking your turns when you go out of bed instead of before going to bed :D

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Please comment.

I'd be against it tbh. Bigger games take a lot of time to finish as it is imo.
(Then again, having it as an option wouldn't hurt me, I guess I just wouldn't join those games.)

But if players from the New World make their moves right after you go to bed, those turns should be waiting for you the next day, before you go to bed. Right?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
The majority of my playtime is during the day/early afternoon (EST....part of the new world)....so I happen to be on at the same time with the folks in Europe....I'm not as available in the evenings as much. So I think it just depends on everyone's schedule. Cheers! :)